Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:52 pm

mgr was always mgr just konami could not make it for technical issues. konami never got past cutting watermelons
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Rable Rable

Video games are the same as any business. You wouldn't take your car to a garage if you didn't like how they dealt with it. You wouldn't go to a resturant if you didn't like what they did to the meat. As a consumer we vote with our wallet.

If you really think a 'company' should loose money as a business plan then you're deluded.

In the case of Mass Effect 3 if you didn't like how they handled the game you shouldn't put one penny towards it.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Axm
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Problem is too many people do buy it. Not enough that don't t take a stand when this kinda stuff happens anyway. So even those that don't support it still get screwed as other companies will follow making it harder and hard to avoid
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:02 pm

You support those that do what you like.

With your logic why recycle when the world will be a giant trash heap eventually?
Why did you vote for Mitt Romney when Obama was favorite?

If a lot of people do buy it then you just have to accept that maybe you're in the minority. I couldn't give a fuck about CoD but I'm just not going to put money towards it not bitch that it sells more than a game I like.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Axm
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Micro transactions is a big deal. It's not about just not liking a series. EA sells Madden and since it's the only NFL game on the market people like sheep buy it in droves and it's easy to trick people in buying more with just another 1$. Suckers are easy targets and there is more suckers out there than smart consumers. Go visit an NFL forum and they are so unaware of what goes on and that's fine but easy to lure them in with just another 1$ for that alt helmet til eventually that 60$ game is 300$. They want to waste it fine but when it works and everyone else does it. It screws everyone else over
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:14 pm

People buy the game because they want it. If people don't want Madden then they will skip it otherwise they can't care that much and are just crying for the sake of it.

I love football but I won't be buying the next FIFA simply because it's not what I want from a football game. Pro Evo used to be the biggest football game but the moment the quality started dropping people stopped buying it. Just because people don't buy the things you like or feel they should it doesn't make them sheep.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:15 pm

You have 2 options. NFL fans don't. Ugh it's not the game is the the Microtransactions. Don\t give two shits they buy a certain game I care too much about the industry when one company fucks people over another follows suit. Business is always a Me too practice. Lie AG said this country was founded for companies like Xseed that work hard. Now we have cheats running the show
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:23 pm

^I don't have 2 options as I like neither game. As it stands I just sit out until one grabs me or a new one comes along.

How are EA cheating? It says pay $1 to do I don't know buy a new kit for a team. It doesn't say put in your credit card info we are transferring $1 million and need an account to use and will give you a cut. People know what they're buying and are more than happy with it. Should company's like EA and Activision follow what Falcom do to please you or carry on doing what people obviously like as they pay them?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Riku Rose wrote:

Video games are the same as any business. You wouldn't take your car to a garage if you didn't like how they dealt with it. You wouldn't go to a resturant if you didn't like what they did to the meat. As a consumer we vote with our wallet.

If you really think a 'company' should loose money as a business plan then you're deluded.

In the case of Mass Effect 3 if you didn't like how they handled the game you shouldn't put one penny towards it.

You're an idiot. Thanks for playing. If you cut everything I say to "rable rable" then ask about a concept i just clearly laid out you're just a plain ole idiot.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:28 pm

:lol:
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Ok I think you are mistaking something. EA,Falcom,Mistwalker doesn't matter the game or company. When a company cuts corners and cheats suckers (gullible) people out of money when they already paid for the game. It's ethically wrong. Business is a Me Too practice. So standing up for the right thing just just wanking and thinking gee oh well. Yeah I will stand up for it. When something,someone is doing something dirty damn right I will be loud as I don't want those kind of business practices being copied by other developers. It's bad for you and bad for me. You already paid full price for a retail game you own and like Capcom locked DLC on disc it's the same thing. And if you watch that video. You will be paying over time a lot more of what you already own but they cheat you out of. Good night
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 pm

A company like Capcom with Street Fighter isn't lying to you and saying that this stuff will be playable when you get it home. If it said you could and you couldn't then yes that's dirty.

It's their product and they can sell it how and for how much they like. I can't fucking wait for the Last of Us but if Naughty Dog turn around and say the game will cost $100 I won't buy it. No bitching it's their product and they can sell it for how much they like. They can sell you the disc and you have to download each chapter one at a time for a fee if they want it's up to me to decide if I think that's something I wish to support.

I'd love a Ferrari but people would call me idiotic if I kept moaning they should charge less. Heck when I bought my car they sold me the thing and I had to buy extras just like DLC. Should I have stood up and yelled about how I should get a free digital radio since all the shit for it to work is already in the car when all I need is for them to change a little something?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:

You're an idiot. Thanks for playing. If you cut everything I say to "rable rable" then ask about a concept i just clearly laid out you're just a plain ole idiot.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 pm

I can see both sides of the argument (minus the disrespectfulness on both sides), but honestly agree with Riku as it's stuff ive also said in the past here. These are businesses, not your mother. They want your money first and foremost. If you give them it you're just saying it's ok to continue doing that business practice. They will never stop and always push the boundries consumers are willing to work with.
I think we can all contribute for example, the failure of the PSP GO due to it being 100% download. And I think we can all agree Sony learned their lesson with it which is why the PS4 will use discs and will play used games.
If the PSP GO would have sold neck and neck with the PSP 3000 I think Sony would have easily made the decision to go all download/streaming with the PS4.
Anyways, I hope im on the right track with your guys train of thought. If not just ignore this post or w/e.

Axm has received 4 thanks from: Bambi, MiTT3NZ, OL, St. Elmo's Fire
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:45 pm

^ Riku didn't disrespect me nor did I him so not sure what you mean unless you're talking to Manny for his angry post. I thanked it for making me laugh even if he was being a dick
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming