Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 am

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/the-l ... -it-failed

I swear people that write articles like this are fucking dense, or probably just trolling. Its a year old article, but still, since when is selling 3 million units this day and age considered a failure?

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:54 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: The way he behaved towards Japanese developers in that press conference (or whatever it was) ensured I would never buy Fez. People say it's a good game and I don't doubt that it is, but there are plenty of good games out there that I can spend my money on without financially supporting that kind of behavior.

So in other words you play games for their politics and not for their actual content?

Careful now if you breath wrong Fish will call you a faggot nazi. So yeah why support him if he is going to insult customers. Because it worked so well with Dennis Dyack on Too Human. You don't go contradicting yourself constantly insult games people love while your game is based off of them then insult people before you game is released openly. Fish is seriously crazy. Would you keep going back to a store and buy their products if they kept insulting you and treating people very mean?

Who said anything about buying? Plus Hideki Kamiya acts like a prick to fans on Twitter rather than just ignore them, so with your logic you shouldn't be buying the old DMC games or looking forward to Bayonetta 2.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Wrong. Kamiya never acted like fish. Not even close.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Kenny wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: The way he behaved towards Japanese developers in that press conference (or whatever it was) ensured I would never buy Fez. People say it's a good game and I don't doubt that it is, but there are plenty of good games out there that I can spend my money on without financially supporting that kind of behavior.

So in other words you play games for their politics and not for their actual content?

Interesting use of the word politics. I'd call it "not endorsing cunts with my hard earned," but you say tomato, etc.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Ryudo wrote: Wrong. Kamiya never acted like fish. Not even close.

Doesn't matter if it's on the same level or not. But of course, you pick and choose whatever fits your generalizations.

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:Interesting use of the word politics. I'd call it "not endorsing cunts with my hard earned," but you say tomato, etc.

Funny thing is, if you never knew that you'd just be judging the game. What he said is stupid, no doubt, and he did come across as a dick in a documentary featuring him and other indie game devs. But I'm still interested in playing Fez.

The only way I can understand is if the person affected you in a very personal way, where you can't think of the product without thinking of the person. Like people affected by John Wayne Gacy can't stand watching the man's paintings and prefer to burn them. I wouldn't blame them.
Last edited by Kenny on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:20 pm

You can't generalize what is on proven on paper to be true. You seen Indy game the movie. Guess what it's mostly fake and BS
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Yet you disregard Hideki Kamiya's derision toward his fans on twitter. That's picking and choosing.

I bet if he acted more outrageous, you'd justify it in some way.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Kenny wrote: Yet you disregard Hideki Kamiya's derision toward his fans on twitter. That's picking and choosing.

I bet if he acted more outrageous, you'd justify it in some way.

Oh so now you want to make it personal huh. You are circle jerking him like you do cage and NT.Always defending the douchebags on this forum and given them a wank.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Tuffty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:30 pm

I always figured that Kamiya responded nastily back to deliberate trolls, at least that's what I've seen from example tweets. Fish just derides developers and gaming public alike, without provocation, in a way that will win him no fans whatsoever. Both have made good games though so I guess the question is does knowing the developers personal lives affect how you perceive their work? Have to say that it has affected me somewhat when coming to the new Devil May Cry game, given the way Ninja Theory had so callously disregarded fan opinion before release.
Last edited by Tuffty on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tuffty has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Tuffty wrote: I always figured that Kamiya responded nastily back to deliberate trolls, at least that's what I've seen from example tweets. Fish just derides developers and gaming public alike, without provocation, in a way that will win him no fans whatsoever.

Exactly

Fish did the same mistake Dyack did before Too Human was released. Fish is a total troll just says shit ti on purpose piss people off then when they won't support him after his actions he get's even more trollish.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Kenny wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:Interesting use of the word politics. I'd call it "not endorsing cunts with my hard earned," but you say tomato, etc.

Funny thing is, if you never knew that you'd just be judging the game.

Obviously.

Kenny wrote:The only way I can understand is if the person affected you in a very personal way

Why is withholding my money the kind of extreme measure that only a deeply personal grudge could possibly warrant? I'm not exactly hiring a gunman to put four holes in his chest. I'm making a choice to spend my income on other videogames so as not to actively fund a person of whose behavior I disapprove. It requires no seething malice on my part, just a preference borne out of principle. Nor does it involve great sacrifice - Fez was no dazzling light on my gaming horizon. I'd have probably bought it at some point, and now I won't. Life goes on.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby mue 26 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Bioshock infinite. That is my gaming thought of the day. It's coming out tomorrow and I really want to buy it, I'm trying to be more frugal these days though and spending £35 on a game is hard to justify. oooh what a dilemma.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 am

Some people here are going to be very happy with this one.

And.... Only $23!
Unfortunately I wont have much time to play it. But I needed to cop dat.

Axm has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 am

:D
Last edited by Bluecast on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:05 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t70l-9n1rCQ[/youtube]

Grant Kirkhope guest stars on Game Grumps. Really entertaining and interesting especially if you're a fan of N64 era Rare... and let's be honest, who isn't? :)
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming