Dredd

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Dredd Trailer

Postby Kenny » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Saw it earlier. It was pretty entertaining. Not sure about "amazing" though, I think it took itself a bit too seriously considering its a guy in a big helmet who always (ALWAYS!) looks like he's shitting his pants.

But the slow-mo drug sequences were extremely well-done. I didn't plan on seeing this in 3D but the 3D was pretty good in those parts. I also liked his sidekick, she was very interesting and well-written. A few good laughs in there too as well as decent one-liners. It felt like it had the spirit of an old school Action film retooled for the modern age. Hope it does well and gets a sequel, i'm interested in what they plan to do with this franchise.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby silent killer » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:11 pm

If some Drekk like Bloodrayne can get sequels, it's sad when this doesn't.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:07 am

Shame seems it only managed around 6M in the US over the weekend.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:38 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: Shame seems it only managed around 6M in the US over the weekend.

I read it's at about 30M now.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:10 am

I still haven't got around to seeing this yet as no fucker I know wants to go. A lot of the people I know nowadays were never into 2000AD so don't share an interest in the source material. Blah.

fredchirsty wrote: Seriously this is just a remake of 'Raid and redemption'. It will be good if producer name this movie 'Raid the redemption 2' in the place of 'Dredd 3D'... :-k :-k :-k

Dredd was scripted before The Raid. It's just a coincidence.

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: Shame seems it only managed around 6M in the US over the weekend.

There's also the future DVD and BluRay sales revenue to take into account which may push the final figure above the desired 50m. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by QWERTY on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:20 am

QWERTY™ wrote:There's also the future DVD and Bluray sales revenue to take into account which may push the final figure above the desired 50m.

I'll be getting my copy for sure.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dredd.htm

Unless you count the worldwide gross, here it only grossed $11 million. There's also DVD sales and rentals, but they usually gross an additional $10-15 million unless you're Transformers or Dark Knight.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:48 pm

Kenny wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dredd.htm

Unless you count the worldwide gross, here it only grossed $11 million. There's also DVD sales and rentals, but they usually gross an additional $10-15 million unless you're Transformers or Dark Knight.

It was the worldwide gross I saw, yeah. Hope this does well, it was the best film I've seen all summer after TDKR and Expendables 2 disappointments..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:35 am

‘Dredd’ Sequel Probably Won’t Happen, Says Producer

Dredd producer Adi Shankar said a sequel to the action flick probably won’t happen.

Although the film received strong reviews when it debuted in theaters last year, moviegoers didn’t bother to show up. Since the film failed to lure people to cinemas, Shankar recently stated that fans shouldn’t hold their collective breath for a follow-up.

“Probably not,” the producer explained during a recent interview on Reddit. “But I am working on a ‘Dredd’ short in the vein of ‘#DirtyLaundry.’ You’re actually the first person to know about this.”

#DirtyLaundry is a short Punisher film which finds Thomas Jane reprising his role from director Jonathan Hensleigh’s 2004 adaptation. The short also features Ron Perlman. You can find the film embedded below.

Dredd proved to be popular with those who actually turned up to see it in theaters. Unfortunately, the film didn’t generate enough money in cinemas or home video to warrant a follow-up.

When the flick debuted in theaters last September, it only managed to make around $6 million on opening weekend. The film would only make an additional $7 million before disappearing from theaters.

While action movies tend to fare much better overseas, Dredd also failed to connect with moviegoers in foreign markets. The film’s worldwide total currently stands at approximately $35 million. Given that its yet to recoup its $50 million budget, it should come as no surprise that a sequel is off the table.

According to Adi Shankar, fans may have a Dredd short film to look forward to at some point in the near future. As long as Karl Urban reprises his role as the no-nonsense law enforcement official, those who enjoyed the film should be extremely happy.

If you’re a fan of Thomas Jane’s Punisher, then you definitely need to see #DirtyLaundry. You can find the short film embedded below. The film is a little gritty, so viewer discretion is advised.

- Source.

I doubt this will surprise anyone but it's still very disappointing, I really liked this flick. Wish it hadn't been pushed as a 3D feature and premiered so close to TDKR.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:36 am

Shame. Film is damn good.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Bambi
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:53 am

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:30 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:
Kenny wrote: It's coming out later this month here. Why so late, I have no idea.

I was going to ask that, Is Dredd more popular in Europe than the US?

2000 A.D.'s a UK comic.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Dredd 2 coming as a comic? :(

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/dredd/2 ... ot-as-film

I'd read it if it were a weighty collection of comics in one like The Long Halloween graphic novel. Been a while since I've bought any to read at all..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 11, 2013 1:27 pm

phpBB [video]

Fan made.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III