Maggie Thatcher dies

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Maggie Thatcher dies

Postby mue 26 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:25 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:

I don't read The Sun and I'm certainly not right-wing but I'm sure you can appreciate my wish to pay my respects to a deceased old woman that did a lot for our country.

I have received iobseeker's allowance for a maximum of two months ever since I was 18. If I can find work regularly then why do others struggle? I'm not choosy about where I'll work if it's an absolute necessity. I'm sick to death of hearing about those with such insane degrees of self-entitlement. I read a story in the paper a few months back about some guy with a heart defect that refused a transplant because he didn't want to go back to work in the event of recovery and would prefer to laze about on benefits. What kind of person would choose a lazy lifestyle which would result in death over being healthy and living? This is the kind of world we live in nowadays. It's madness.

Well whatever Newspapers you read aren't much better than the Sun (not that I like any newspaper very much, of course). Do you know why you read stories like the one you described, in newspapers? It's not because people like that man with the heart defect are in any way a majority or even a large proportion of people recieving benefits. people like that man are actually a vast minority of what people receiving benefits are like. The reason why you are always reading such stories is because the people with power (politicians, people who run the media, ect, ect) what to hold onto that power, and so they want to divert attention away from all the tax payers money they are stealing, and instead get people like you raging at people on benefits, and turn the working class (the powerless) against one another while the people at the top with power get away with the worst of crimes. Stop being so easily manipulated.
Last edited by mue 26 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mue 26 has received 2 thanks from: Feelers Rebo, MiTT3NZ
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby QWERTY » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:28 pm

mue 26 wrote:Stop being so easily manipulated.

Oh the irony.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Go on, expand please. don't just throw out some glib remark because you have nothing of any substance to respond with.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Feelers Rebo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:37 pm

QWERTY™ wrote: Why are they poor though? No ambition! No drive! Stop moaning about how little money you have and go and make some. Don't rely on other people to fund your Jeremy Kyle watching sorry existences. These are the same people that moan about immigrants "terkin er jerbs" but when it boils down to it they just don't work as hard as immigrants do. It's their own fault for being lazy.

Now I believe you're deliberately just trying to rile me. Anybody who thinks that we're all on equal footing and that wealth/success is directly proportional to work put in is an imbecile or a liar.

Feelers Rebo has received a thanks from: mue 26
Feelers Rebo
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby QWERTY » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:44 pm

mue 26 wrote: Go on, expand please. don't just throw out some glib remark because you have nothing of any substance to respond with.

:lol:

Look, just because there are people out there that find Thatcher an inspirational historical figure it doesn't mean you aren't allowed to have your own opinions. I don't agree with them but it's all subjective at the end of the day. I have met many people on benefits and I can truly say the majority of them are just work-shy cunts. You can blather on all day about how wrong I am but from personal experience it's all I've encountered. Why should I care about them anyway? Everyone has an equal opportunity to education, can I help it if some choose to piss it up the wall and decide to spend their adult lives on the dole? Obviously it's their prerogative but I don't have to be happy about their poor work ethics.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Feelers Rebo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:48 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:Everyone has an equal opportunity to education, can I help it if some choose to piss it up the wall and decide to spend their adult lives on the dole?

What are you talking about? No, people don't have equal opportunity to education, otherwise why are there private schools? Why are there such high university fees which take 30 years to be written off so long as you don't earn too much? It's a system geared towards the benefit bourgeois classes, not you or me, which is why I find your views frustrating, because it's bad for (almost-obviously not bankers and what have you) everyone in the long run
Feelers Rebo

Postby QWERTY » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Feelers Rebo wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote:Everyone has an equal opportunity to education, can I help it if some choose to piss it up the wall and decide to spend their adult lives on the dole?

What are you talking about? No, people don't have equal opportunity to education, otherwise why are there private schools? Why are there such high university fees which take 30 years to be written off so long as you don't earn too much? It's a system geared towards the benefit bourgeois classes, not you or me, which is why I find your views frustrating, because it's bad for (almost-obviously not bankers and what have you) everyone in the long run

Huh? I didn't say anything about private schools? If you go to a comprehensive then you have an opportunity to learn, do you not?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby LawXiu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 pm

What many people seem to forget is she sold off many council houses which allowed people to become first time buyers. The more houses for sale the less the demand thus lowering house prices. Good for buyers and not so good for sellers.

It's up to you if you think that's a bad thing but in my opinion it was a good thing.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Feelers Rebo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 pm

LawXiu wrote: What many people seem to forget is she sold off many council houses which allowed people to become first time buyers. The more houses for sale the less the demand thus lowering house prices. Good for buyers and not so good for sellers.

It's up to you if you think that's a bad thing but in my opinion it was a good thing.

How is selling houses which were put there to provide homes for the poor a good thing? You'd have to have a very callous business mentality to do that.
Feelers Rebo

Postby LawXiu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm

^ It was called the right to buy scheme. No one lost their house, they had the option to buy it bellow market value.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

LawXiu wrote: What many people seem to forget is she sold off many council houses which allowed people to become first time buyers. The more houses for sale the less the demand thus lowering house prices. Good for buyers and not so good for sellers.

and now days we are suffering from that, there is no council housing to offer the poor in London because the council sold off the flats for 30k and the people buying them just sold them straight away since the market value was around 100k. now housing is ridiculously expensive and the waiting lists are ridiculously long and the only other option is being exploited by some random landlord from some 3rd world country who doesn't give a fuck if your house has no heating, is infested with rats and cockroaches and is missing half the ceiling.

not to mention that these shitty old council flats can't just be knocked down and replaced with more modern up to date ones because they are all private
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Feelers Rebo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

LawXiu wrote: ^ It was called the right to buy scheme. No one lost their house, they had the option to buy it bellow market value.

And then sell it off. And then it's not available for the next person who needs it.
Feelers Rebo

Postby QWERTY » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:09 pm

See? The poor keep moaning about what a tyrant she was but she gave them an opportunity to be homeowners. Totally ungrateful!
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby LawXiu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Actually they weren't allowed to sell with within so many years. If people did that I don't know how and I've never heard of anyone doing that.

It worked for my grandparents and they still live in them houses today.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:17 pm

LawXiu wrote: Actually they weren't allowed to sell with within so many years. If people did that I don't know how and I've never heard of anyone doing that.

It worked for my grandparents and they still live in them houses today.

most people sold anyway, like 80% of the buyers just resold their house and moved out to kent and surrey. I mean you can't blame them since who would want to live in shitty east and south London at the time but the aftermath isn't worth the happiness of a few homeowners who didn't decide to exploit the system
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic