What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:08 pm

I bought a load of DVDs off Amazon, seasons 1-5 of The Wire was one purchase, since I like most things HBO, especially The Sopranos, which is probably my favourite "show" ever. People who love The Sopranos are often saying that The Wire is even better, so had to pick it up whilst I was in DVD watching/pissing money up the wall on Amazon-mode. Spartacus was very nearly also purchased, having been recommended by TEEPO a few weeks ago in a topic that mentioned Game of Thrones (of which seasons 1 and 2 were also bought) and Rome (which I got a shot of season 1 of from my friend, watched it all pretty quickly, so originally went onto Amazon in search of season 2), and by a mate at work who watches loads of these sorts of things, but the basket was well past the comfort zone already. Apparently there are quite a lot of gratuitous shots of huge men with massive dongs on display?

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Bambi
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby TEEPO™ » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:40 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I bought a load of DVDs off Amazon, seasons 1-5 of The Wire was one purchase, since I like most things HBO, especially The Sopranos, which is probably my favourite "show" ever. People who love The Sopranos are often saying that The Wire is even better, so had to pick it up whilst I was in DVD watching/pissing money up the wall on Amazon-mode.

Pine barrens episode is the best. "He's out there somewhere, stalking us right now." "With what? His cock?". Hehe Paulie is marvelous.

I tried watching The Wire but found it boring and couldn't get through the first season. Some people compare the Wire to The Shield and that's a lot better.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Spartacus was very nearly also purchased, having been recommended by TEEPO a few weeks ago in a topic that mentioned Game of Thrones (of which seasons 1 and 2 were also bought) and Rome (which I got a shot of season 1 of from my friend, watched it all pretty quickly, so originally went onto Amazon in search of season 2), and by a mate at work who watches loads of these sorts of things, but the basket was well past the comfort zone already. Apparently there are quite a lot of gratuitous shots of huge men with massive dongs on display?

That's not true, the dongs are tiny, compared to mine anyway. There is one particularly massive todger though, just slightly smaller than mine. Only the one in Cunticus is not real and was a prosthetic. But it shouldn't be anything shocking to you if you've watched Oz. And that went one step further and showed Keller's bumhole, which gave me a boner.

I'll pm a link on where you can watch it for free.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Pine Barrens seems to be a fave with everyone who knows that show! Me included, though the ending of Stage Five (S6, E14) was pretty special too.

The Shield was also well on the radar, for the reason that you mentioned. That you recommend it also is a good sign too.

TEEPO™ wrote:That's not true, the dongs are tiny, compared to mine anyway.

:D

Cheers for link, yo!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:08 pm

He gave you a link to his dong?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:34 pm

That particular link was a public one on here, many years ago. ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:50 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I bought a load of DVDs off Amazon, seasons 1-5 of The Wire was one purchase, since I like most things HBO, especially The Sopranos, which is probably my favourite "show" ever. People who love The Sopranos are often saying that The Wire is even better

I didn't want to be one of those people jumping on The Wire critical acclaim bandwagon but it really is a fantastic series, it's definitely up there with The Sopranos. It has a lower budget but it has an even more expansive story.

Bambi has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Wed May 01, 2013 7:10 pm

I've been watching season 4 of the batman animated series. Some of the episodes have been fairly meh to be honest and I really don't like the change in art style. Although the last episode I saw, "Growing Pains" was so good it makes the more sub par episodes I've sat through seem worth it.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu May 02, 2013 6:50 am

Not a fan of season 4 of Batman. I think they actually ruined some of the characters. Part of me thinks it was a deliberate attempt to link in some sort of continuity episodes for Batman Beyond..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu May 02, 2013 1:37 pm

I as well, although I think it was more for tying in the Superman/Static Shock/Justice League shows that were beginning to all trickle out one by one using a single uniform art style for crossovers. The episodes are a bit lackluster, I agree. Although that "growing pains" one was excellent.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu May 02, 2013 1:45 pm

I remember the title but not the episode. Was it a Poison Ivy story?

They ruined her character design in season 4 too.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed May 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Went up to Episode 3 of Mad Men.

Please tell me something happens in Season 1. Cause i'm really tempted to abandon ship again. Nothing happens in this show, and the few things that do happen take a back seat to the smug, "witty" exchanges between the advertising business tycoons that are not even interesting. At one point, I thought it'd be like the Newsroom where they took famous advertising gimmicks and icons and they play off how they came up with it...but nope.

I'm expecting The Wire to come in the mail today. Gonna give that a shot.

Kenny has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed May 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Kenny wrote:I'm expecting The Wire to come in the mail today. Gonna give that a shot.

I got that through the other day too. Debating whether to start into that now, since I've just finished the show I'm about to give a short opinion on, or get stuck into Game of Thrones, since people are talking about that now and I could get caught up pretty quickly, and I've waited this long already to start The Wire that a week or two extra won't hurt...

Just semi power-watched (10 episodes across three-ish evenings?) season 2 of Rome. Quite a depressing, sad affair compared to season 1. Most of them seemed to just turn into cunts, usually with some notion of "a good reason", but was still uncomfortable seeing your favourites, or ones you loved to hate, turn genuinely unlikeable for large segments. Left the general impression that they just fucked it all up for themselves and for everyone else when they had Julius slain. :sad:

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Kenny
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed May 08, 2013 7:29 pm

One show i'm really interested in seeing is Justified. I read OL rave about it and finally saw a few clips from a random episode, it was MEGA intense. So badass how they play it out. And Timothy Olyphant totally kills that role as a US Marshall.

But I also need to catch up on Game of Thrones too (only seen the premiere for that).

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Retro Gamer » Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Family Guy, season 2 DVD. Watching a bunch of episodes I have never seen before.
Retro Gamer
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri May 10, 2013 3:32 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green