XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Postby Yama » Sat May 25, 2013 4:52 pm

One of the nicest features during the PS4 presser, was very nice how it was built into the OS as well. Maybe now I can finish some of Axm's games for him.

Yama has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Bluecast, Sean
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 4:55 pm

If you could do it even if the other player was offline just think how much fun you could have completing their games while they were asleep :P
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat May 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Suck at a game? Keep getting killed by a boss? Well a friend might be able to take over via Skype and help you.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/24/rumor ... mote-play/

That's interesting. Doesn't the Wii U have something similar? Or perhaps I'm thinking of the PS4, going by Yama's reply above.

Riku Rose wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: If nothing's been finalized and confirmed, then that's all the more reason to kick up a stink now, as it could influence Microsoft's final decision on all of these things. How awful would it be if Microsoft were waiting to see how people would react to these ideas, and everyone kept quiet because it wasn't official yet, leading MS to interpret their restraint as validation to go ahead and do their worst? So nothing's confirmed? Good, then kick and scream now so you won't have to later.

Edit: Basically what Sonikku said while I was typing.

You're right. But you should be writing to people like Major Nelson in a polite matter and explain your reasons in a clear and polite way. I doubt people will be sitting in the Microsoft boardroom and be talking about what people said in the Next gen Xbox topic at the Shenmue Dojo.

While that's true, Major Nelson or any other person whose role it is to gauge public opinion on their company's decisions wouldn't be doing their job if they relied solely on direct contact from said public. While I agree the Shenmue Dojo isn't likely to be high on their list of go-to sources, Microsoft's PR team should be paying close attention to the vibe on general gaming sites and forums. A lost customer is a lost customer, whether they choose to explain their reasons in an email to the company, a post on NeoGAF, or a comment under a GameSpot article. All of this feedback is valuable and should be getting picked up by the people to whom it matters. Again, not here on the Dojo perhaps, but in principle.

And whether it's heard by MS or not, there's certainly no harm in people letting off steam about the subject here on a page that's intended for discussing general videogame topics. Someone else is entitled to disagree with their opinion, but that's what a forum's all about.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Sure the PS4 will have something like that as well?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat May 25, 2013 5:03 pm

It was in the Sony press conference. They spent a good 10 minutes demo'ing it.
Last edited by Axm on Sat May 25, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Sure the PS4 will have something like that as well?

It was talked about in the February reveal event..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Ill be honest Ive forgotten most of the event by now. Just been waiting for E3 for my news fix.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 25, 2013 5:07 pm

WRC I know that today you are trying to be reasonable. I think why you keep getting hammered is because right now everyone is on lynch mob mood and when standing in the way of a lynch mob you get lynched as well. Just let people bitch complain until they get tired. Personally I wish the gaming forum would move on as it's being held hostage by this topic. People will get tired of it soon enough if you don;t keep stepping in the way of a lynch mob. Besides that everyone has said over and over how they feel and no use changing that til E3. Agree with AxM on one thing. Topic has run it's course.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Yama » Sat May 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Yeah, the nice part is they actually demo'd it on running software using the actual OS. It looked fantastic and definitely showed me they understand what PSN wasn't and what the new network needs to be.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm

phpBB [video]

9:00 minute mark
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Ryudo wrote: WRC I know that today you are trying to be reasonable. I think why you keep getting hammered is because right now everyone is on lynch mob mood and when standing in the way of a lynch mob you get lynched as well. Just let people bitch complain until they get tired. Personally I wish the gaming forum would move on as it's being held hostage by this topic. People will get tired of it soon enough if you don;t keep stepping in the way of a lynch mob. Besides that everyone has said over and over how they feel and no use changing that til E3. Agree with AxM on one thing. Topic has run it's course.

I've not noticed any bad blood? As long as it says civil, there's no problem.

I actually spoke to someone the day after the conference and he loves the new Xbox. Loved the Kinect, TV stuff and was actually convinced that FIFA and Call of Duty were exclusive to Xbox. He wasn't even bothered by his assumption it would cost at least £800!

I'm not really sure he understood it, but he was the one who first told me about the total amount of servers just for Xbox Live are equal to the worldwide total in the 90s.

When I corrected him on a few things he admitted FIFA Ultimate Team was something he's never played..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Just seemed like in 2 topic WRC is getting slammed. Not this page in was before and the other topic.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Yeah i don't feel a lynch mob mentality going on but even if there was i would still put my opinion across rather than avoid the discussion.

If people don't want to talk about something they can always ignore it but no one should avoid something just cause their view on the subject is different to another's. But at the same time Ive said the discussion on used games has gone as far as it can now until MS/Sony show us their cards.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby hiro94 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Glad too see Sony using anything they can to their advantage lol kudos to you sony!Image
hiro94
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Songokumi

Postby Axm » Sat May 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Seems legit.
No not really, looks like its neo gaf made.

Axm has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming