Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his facebook

Postby 2ndOpp » Mon May 27, 2013 8:51 pm

2ndOpp has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, ShenmueTree
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his face

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 27, 2013 8:58 pm

SEGA sign he is showing his fans he still remembers.The other pic it's an ad for his local market's yogurt.
Seriously we can only hope it's a do over for Shenmue HD or maybe just another SEGA game.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Jeff » Mon May 27, 2013 9:03 pm

I agree with Ryudo, but it is also reasonable to suspect that SEGA might use him for other voice acting work as many of these video game/anime companies use the same recording studio companies in Vancouver, Canada. That's why in shenmue they often end their sentences with 'aye'? That's a Canadian thing. I used to do business with their parent companies in my past life in Vermont.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Surge101 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:07 pm

and here I am, holding my breath again. Waiting for another let down... This time from a damn voice actor.
Surge101
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon May 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Okay, I saw the second one on Facebook earlier, so was read to eyeroll this topic into oblivion, but the more recent (top) one makes things all the more plausible. However, I still seriously doubt that it's for Shenmue. Yu Suzuki has mentioned in the last few years that Shenmue III exists as a concept and nothing more. Further negative replies suggest he hasn't actually begun designing it, let alone a script being written.

Pretty much everything we've seen of Shenmue (besides the spin-offs) were either related to the first two games, be it final, early footage, or cut content. I believe one of the key reasons that we haven't seen anything of Shenmue III at all is that no work has been done on it. Shenmue II only came about so quickly because it was originally part of Shenmue I before the first chapter grew and grew and grew into three discs.

Unless Yu Suzuki is a master poker player, the feasibility of the script for Shenmue III being completed this soon into development (if of course it has begun, which again I highly doubt) lead me to one of three conclusions:

- Early script tests for Shenmue III (unlikely as it may be)
- Different game altogether.
- He's not even working for/with SEGA, it's just a photo.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Just had a thought. What if he is voicing Ryo for Sega All Stars Racing Transformed? Just needed new lines as Ryo won the poll...

EDIT also looks like a forklift in the pic
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Surge101 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Ryudo wrote: Just had a thought. What if he is voicing Ryo for Sega All Stars Racing Transformed? Just needed new lines as Ryo won the poll...

EDIT also looks like a forklift in the pic

I honestly feel like that would be more of a stab than this not being shenmue related at all.
Opening the old wound to throw some salt in it.
Surge101
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon May 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Not getting my hopes up. But I want it SO bad.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shadow2222 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Unfortunately, at least one of those images is quite old. About halfway down this page is the SEGA one.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?45556-Shenmue-3-all-purpose-comments-and-news-thread/page180
Shadow2222
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon May 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Shadow2222 wrote: Unfortunately, at least one of those images is quite old. About halfway down this page is the SEGA one.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?45556-Shenmue-3-all-purpose-comments-and-news-thread/page180

Yes, but he recently made it his facebook profile pic, and the other one looks to be quite new. I really do think the most it could be if it's anything is Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed DLC. Though, how much voice work could that take?

Posted on his Facebook:
"Whoa. My FB page just blew up!

Before everyone passes out from anticipation, I should probably let you guys know I'm not in the studio for Shenmue 3 yet.

BUT, a great game (probably one of the best out there) deserves a great ending, and I'm sure, given how passionate Shenmue fans are about the game, it will come to fruition."

Why'd he have to go and add that "yet" shit? Just gives people false hope.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mitsuzuki » Mon May 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Jeff wrote: That's why in shenmue they often end their sentences with 'aye'? That's a Canadian thing.

lol- I'm sure you have the sound right but it's spelled "eh" not "aye".

We're not a bunch of Scots ya know, eh?

(see what I did there?)

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Surge101 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:33 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:
Shadow2222 wrote: Unfortunately, at least one of those images is quite old. About halfway down this page is the SEGA one.

Yes, but he recently made it his facebook profile pic, and the other one looks to be quite new. I really do think the most it could be if it's anything is Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed DLC. Though, how much voice work could that take?

Posted on his Facebook:
"Whoa. My FB page just blew up!

Before everyone passes out from anticipation, I should probably let you guys know I'm not in the studio for Shenmue 3 yet.

BUT, a great game (probably one of the best out there) deserves a great ending, and I'm sure, given how passionate Shenmue fans are about the game, it will come to fruition."

Why'd he have to go and add that "yet" shit? Just gives people false hope.

aaaaaaannnndddd there goes my hopes.

Why does this shit always happen?
I kind of get to the point of acceptance that i'm never going to know the ending of this game, and then there is some occurrence giving false hope to the continuation or at least revival of the franchise only to be shot down. I mean, why do I even give into the false hope anymore?

I was 10 fucking years old when I played Shenmue II, and i've been waiting ever since. 21 years old now, still hoping for this game. Fuck you Sega. Couldn't I have at least gotten a book?
Surge101
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Rakim » Tue May 28, 2013 12:01 am

Did any of you guys honestly think this is how we would find out about a new Shenmue game? I wouldn't get my hopes up about Corey Marshall having any info on the HD remakes, let alone Shenmue 3, more than what is publicly known.

On a side note its good to see 2ndOpp dropping in. Don't think I've seen that name on here in a long while.

Rakim has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 28, 2013 12:22 am

Rakim wrote: Did any of you guys honestly think this is how we would find out about a new Shenmue game?.

I think it's related to Sega Racing. However it is possible to find out this way as Xenosaga III no one was sure it would come but a Voice Actor confirmed its existence long before any official statement was made.

I know it's not Shenmue III but it is possible to find out this way. More so in this day and age.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue May 28, 2013 12:24 am

Rakim wrote:Did any of you guys honestly think this is how we would find out about a new Shenmue game? I wouldn't get my hopes up about Corey Marshall having any info on the HD remakes, let alone Shenmue 3, more than what is publicly known.

To be fair to people, quite a lot of gaming news comes about from voice actors either blabbing before they're supposed to, or giving too much away in their online resumes.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Next

Return to Shenmue III