XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: XBox One

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:

:P

You are quotng out of context. This said it's cutting edge visuals and on a new console. It isn't..it quite frankly looks like a HD Wii game so they are selling a lie. So what they are advertising is BS.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Loved how they pulled the whole up to 10 family members library crap out of their asses (creating even more confusion in the process) and then in small letters: None of this will be available at launch and we might pull the plug if we want to.

Fingers pointed at publishers, even 13 years old COD players felt intellectually insulted with this argument. Really? You create a system with 1001 restrictions and now you aren't the bad guys. Yes, you totally did this out of your heart, not because there's money involved.

I don't know why people compare this system with a PC or steam, I get most of my games for 20 bucks and not once I had to worry about connecting my PC online every 24 hours to play offline games.

Glad all the "misinformation" was confirmed, now we can move on onto better things.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: Axm
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Funny you mention COD owners moaning, From COD's manual

Activision grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferrable, limited right and license to use one copy of this Program soley and exclusively for your personal use.

This Program is licensed, not sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in this Program and should not be construed as a sale of any rights in this Program.

Then under the you shall not section:

Quote:
Sell, rent, lease,distribute or otherwise transfer this Program, or any copies of this Program, without the express prior written consent of Activision.

Ryudo
The cutting edge line was a joke hence why it cut to the 2D clip first. [which I'm pretty sure you knew and are now trying to spin it]

TP have never been about graphics as this tongue in cheek intro to their games shows.

phpBB [video]

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Yama » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:05 pm

The point that you even have to memorize some moronic rule set says enough. 1

Yama has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Axm
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Xbox has lost next gen. Would never want a console to fail as in the past they always offered something to be gained. Even CDI and Jaguar offered something.. Even if just laughs. XBO takes away. This is the first console I want to see fail. Kinda hurts to say that. I hate saying it but XBO needs to fail.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:27 pm

gaming companies hate fun

south carmain has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Brothaman, Yokosuka Martian
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:43 pm

The text stub of Gamespots top story.

[UPDATE] Bethesda, Sega, Capcom, Take-Two, and Ubisoft won't yet clarify if they will allow secondhand games or charge activate fees for next-gen software; EA and Activision only companies not to respond.

The last sentence made be lol. :lol:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Ziming » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:53 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:13 am

Funny that they even bothered to ask EA about their stance on used games when its pretty clear that everyone at EA has been doing this for a while.

Ryudo wrote: Xbox has lost next gen. Would never want a console to fail as in the past they always offered something to be gained. Even CDI and Jaguar offered something.. Even if just laughs. XBO takes away. This is the first console I want to see fail. Kinda hurts to say that. I hate saying it but XBO needs to fail.

Its Sony's to lose at the moment but at the same time they have also said its up to the Publishers so you will probably just see half the PS4 games requiring exactly the same stuff as X1 games. Hell Capcom already have at least 2 single player games on PS3 that require a connection at all times.
And Sony have hardly been in favor of used sales anyways what with putting online passes in their games so it will only be a matter of time before they show their true colours and start blocking used games.

And with both MS and Sony offering day 1 digital releases this all just seems to be their way of moving things to that but DD will always suck on consoles as long as they rip people off with the pricing.
Who in their right mind would pay £59.99 for a digital game when you can get the physical version for around £10 less?

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:35 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:And with both MS and Sony offering day 1 digital releases this all just seems to be their way of moving things to that but DD will always suck on consoles as long as they rip people off with the pricing.
Who in their right mind would pay £59.99 for a digital game when you can get the physical version for around £10 less?

Spot. On. Exactly why I'm worried about next gen. It's just going to be far more convenient to buy digital (far less hassle) but Microsoft and Sony (Nintendo, too) and the publishers are greedy bastards who charge 59.99 for digital games, which is just bloody stupid. And if I cannot buy used games anymore (or to the extent that I used to be able to) then it'll just mean I won't bother with PS4 or Xbox One. Next gen is going to be just far too expensive and a load of hassle to me.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:41 am

It seems apart from the 24 hr thing MS now have a set up similar to Steam with some other stuff that itunes and the amazon stores use so small hope they also do some Steam like deals.

They have improved recent deals on the 360 but that could be just a fire sale type thing for long time owners looking to upgrade this year?

Michael Pachter thinks publishers might actually wait a few years to start blocking used games. Personally I think they should have just worked out something better with stores, For instance no game can be traded in for its first 3-6 months on sale.[Which is when it sells the most anyways]
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:43 am

^Yeah, I could put up with something like that, but the layout they have now pretty much kills Amazon and eBay buys for me. Same with trading, borrowing and renting; they're all gone.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:44 am

No console will win the next gen. That'll be us. Y'arghh!

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: OL, Yokosuka Martian
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:13 am

As someone else said,

Does this mean Developers will actually finish their games like developers used to pre internet so we don't have to pay retail for them only to do final beta testing and then wait for a patch to fix the prematurely released new game brokenness ?

hopefully more money in developers/publishers/MS/Sonys pockets will result in finished games naow!

But sadly I see most doing the opposite.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:33 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: Funny that they even bothered to ask EA about their stance on used games when its pretty clear that everyone at EA has been doing this for a while.

What do you mean funny. Funny how? Funny like a clown? Is EA here to fuckin' amuse you?

Mitsuzuki has received 2 thanks from: OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming