Project: Sekai

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Project: Sekai

Postby ShenSun » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:47 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: Does this look like shit?

Looks awesome.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:33 pm

This is a WIP as I have to redo the stars and animate the building lights. It's my attempt to remove the people on the walk.

WIP

Original

I'm also going to redo the lighting overall so it looks more luminescent and display the night better.

ShenmueTree has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, R3N, south carmain
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby R3N » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:47 am

ShenmueTree wrote: Does this look like shit?

The problem with this is that is snowing furiously fast,slow it down.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby R3N » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:54 am

ShenmueTree wrote: So, here is an excerpt from the introductory story. It will be the second act of the first episode. (The first act is to explain what the game is and who is telling the story) Animated backgrounds and character profiles will display during the story. (Ex. As the story mentions Nozomi her avatar will appear and the background will change to Aida Florist in winter.)

I'm currently animating the winter scenes, trying to get the snow to look alright. I'll probably post some screenshots in a few weeks.

Project Sekai

ACT II:

On November 29th, 1986, Winter fell. It was a day as cold in temperature as it was in generosity.
It was a day of snow falling haphazardly on concrete, lying in wait for temporary footprints donned to damp footsteps caught in the wind, without echo. A time engulfed in air, a fragile glass pane to be broken with a single breath. It was a day encapsulated in winter mourning, the breeze murmuring tales in low whispers.

That day, Ryo traveled around Dobuita, a dusty metropolis of white until he eventually made his way into the Game You Arcade. Once inside and sheltered from the biting beauty of snow, Ryo began wasting all of his time, and more importantly all of his yen. He became so entrenched, standing behind the CRT's of heavy arcade machinery, hand on stick, mind on pause. Nothing mattered, it was as if he were falling down into that dangerous space within the confines of the high-score. At the time Space Harriror became him, and he actually became the game.

Obliviously to Ryo, other patrons crowded the arcade as well, yelling out taunts and teases and threats. Around him, the sound of darts as they flew through the air and hit targets morphed into groans and whoops and calls of victory. Other sounds were not so pleasant, gangly men surrounded games and talked in conspiring voices. On some particularly violent patrons, their sleeves bore crests known a kamon.

Hours passed, and thus did Ryo's attention to them. When a sudden bout of exhaustion overcame him, Ryo noticed the reflection of the day on the screen, and the shade of it's light, and all of a sudden time came back to him. As he became aware of the sweat under his arm and on his brow, as well as the murky atmosphere of the arcade, he decided that he had better head home.

After stepping through the door and lingering a moment below the ventilated heat of the passage, Ryo left the warmness of florescent light and the electronic instrumentals. He took in a breath of the cool air, stepping out onto the streets of Dobuita and past the various shops that seemed to follow him all of the way to Sakuragaosa. On the way, Ryo took in all of his surroundings, the snow covered the ground like a bed of feathers and the flora at Aida's Florist, creating mystical plants that glittered in the daylight. They looked like white stars surrounded by red and yellow space and he felt that he could almost wish upon them.

He often thought of that shop, it was where his best friend Nozomi worked after school, helping out her grandmother, Toki Aida. He had always had an affection for Nozomi, though showing it had always remained a difficulty. He remembered a time where they had cycled to school together, riding side by side. As they entered the gates of a crowded lot, their hands brushed against one another and he had a rare spontaneous compulsion. He took her hand in his and for a fleeting moment their fingers interlocked and their bodies were one as they halted their bicycles. That had been one of the only times where he displayed any type of emotion, other times his face wore an expression of stone apathy. Secretly, he longed for warmth.

He saw his friend Tom's hotdog truck, sitting idle in the Dobuita streets, and Funny Bear Burgers where he would sometimes stop to talk to Motoyuki Aoki, the chef and sole worker and owner. Motoyuki always had an idea for some exclusive burger, whether it be Honey patties or buns glazed in Wasabi. Ryo had always liked to humor him by trying out his erratic culinary creations.

---
Written by ShenmueTree.
Known as CorpseAndroid on Twitter.
AnotherUnlikelyHero on Deviantart.
Jesse, elsewhere.

Is Space Harrirer not Space Harriror :)

Also the story about Ryo riding bycicle and gently brushed with Nazumi hand then Ryo feeling "emotions" seems really off. I just can't imagine our Ryo thinking that way. Remember this is Ryo we talking about not some emotional character from visual novel.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Do you really think that Ryo never once showed any kind of affection in the entirety of his life so far?
The story stated that this is about the only time that Ryo's done something like this,
it's not common and then it goes on to mention that at about every other time Ryo is calm and seemingly apathetic.
I don't really see a problem with adding just a smudge of alternation.
:D

And I'll fix the snow, I thought it seemed fast. Thanks!

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: gabril
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I think I may release a tech demo in a few weeks, though I am kind of caution that people will think it's representative of the game when in reality I will mean for it to only test the menus, extras, animations, text and such. It will probably have relatively little gameplay, if any at all aside from an excerpt from the story I've posted already. We'll see.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:45 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: I think I may release a tech demo in a few weeks, though I am kind of caution that people will think it's representative of the game when in reality I will mean for it to only test the menus, extras, animations, text and such. It will probably have relatively little gameplay, if any at all aside from an excerpt from the story I've posted already. We'll see.

my advice would be to send it to a few people with diverse views as designated testers so that each one can give you their personal feedback and you can take a little bit from each of their opinions, if you release it publicly there is a possibility you will be flooded with negativity or people unable to give constructive criticism which can be pretty demoralising

south carmain has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby gabril » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:19 am

wow!!
really interested in this :D :D
but I don't really understand what is it?
please explain me, all regarding Shenmue must not pass over my mind, I have to control all ahahha :D :D
gabril
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Europa Universalis4

Postby R3N » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:59 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: Do you really think that Ryo never once showed any kind of affection in the entirety of his life so far?
The story stated that this is about the only time that Ryo's done something like this,
it's not common and then it goes on to mention that at about every other time Ryo is calm and seemingly apathetic.
I don't really see a problem with adding just a smudge of alternation.
:D

And I'll fix the snow, I thought it seemed fast. Thanks!

If it was not for the bed scene in Xiu Ying room where he watch her sleeping I would think Ryo is either homosexual or axesual lol. Anyway in the game Ryo never showed feeling for Nozomi he sees her as sister or friend. The only woman he has maybe show interest was Xiu Ying in my opinion and maybe Shenhua when she tried to kiss him maybe?.

Ryo shows more interest in capsule toys than in woman lol.

Really I think you should make another character the main character it would make the game more interesting and since we do not know the character as well as Ryo you could add things we not used with like romance and feelings.
You could have more freedom in experimenting more.

If you remove the action fights and martial arts ways out of Ryo he just seem like a boring character.Unless you plan to implement maybe a QTE system.
I find it really challenging to add feelings and romantic side to Ryo? He just not into that is not him. Since most visual novels or maybe all of them is based on romance and dating.

You could use a character that had show interest in Romance and love. Fukusan yes I am serious :D If you add some creative humour it would be an interesting game. The main character would be Fuku-san during his love conquest of the bar lady when Ryo left for China.
Maybe you can add some dating sims system too. Made the character do certain actions to earn stats like strength(in the dojo),charms(bar?), money(Sweeping the floor).

I am not saying is not possible to make Ryo emotional and having feelings but I see it very challenging.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby R3N » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:05 pm

gabril wrote: wow!!
really interested in this :D :D
but I don't really understand what is it?
please explain me, all regarding Shenmue must not pass over my mind, I have to control all ahahha :D :D

This going to be a visual novel kind of game.
This is one that is free. You can try it out to get an idea what a visual novel type of game is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katawa_Shoujo
http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/download.php

R3N has received a thanks from: gabril
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:28 pm

phpBB [video]
Just a sample of the UI. Scene goes from day/night. More to come.

Sorry for the short length, somehow I lost some minutes after uploading.

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: gabril
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:58 pm

I went in to the shenmue textures and gathered whatever might come in useful to you, it includes the shenmue menu UI as well. hope it helps.

https://mega.co.nz/#!hVlhzRrR!dRpeqTxpH ... OM6t3unj38

south carmain has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Thank you, seems to be quite some useful things. Much obliged!
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby R3N » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:52 am

ShenmueTree wrote:
phpBB [video]
Just a sample of the UI. Scene goes from day/night. More to come.

Sorry for the short length, somehow I lost some minutes after uploading.

Looks Amazing but can you remove that square or make it transparent the one were the menu is at. That square looks cheap :???: and not quality as everything else around it.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:38 pm

phpBB [video]

Shows a bit more UI and the lProject Sekai Logo and some work in progress extras.

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects