Wii U 299$,new 3Ds called 2DS and Wii U Wind Waker bundle

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:45 am

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/28/wii-u ... -eshop-se/
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/28/ninte ... clamshell/
I ..don't even..on the 3DS thing.

Wii U basic no longer in production and Wii U deluxe now 299$ and a Zelda Bundle coming as well.
Last edited by Bluecast on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: new 3DS and Wii U gets price cut

Postby Sonikku » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:51 am

The 3DS isn't so much getting a price cut as much as they're offering a lower cost 2D alternative model for those that would probably have kept the 3D turned off anyway.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Re: new 3DS(2DS) and Wii U gets price cut

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Re: Wii U 299$,new 3Ds called 2DS and Wii U Wind Waker bund

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm gettin dat special son.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:04 pm

So they canned the cheaper option for Wii U and instead kept the expensive option going? Oh, Nintendo, so greedy.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:30 pm

I still want a 3DS XL, screw the 2DS, thats one of the dumbest names they could have come up with. Not to mention confusing for consumers and mostly parents. They will be at store counters asking where all the 2DS games are, and probably be dumb founded when they are told it plays 3DS games. I guess the whole 3D premise wore off quickly.

As for the Wii-U, maybe im one step closer to getting one with the price drop, I still need more interesting game announcements (or a X release date) and I will have a better idea of when I will actually buy one. Unfortunately Wind Waker alone is definitely not enough for me to buy, hell I could play my cube version if I wanted to play it that badly. But zelda anymore, meh.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Wind Waker. Now there's a game that was beautiful enough to not need an HD re-release but will look much, much prettier for it. Still though, I don't feel that any HD re-release justifies a full retail price unless there's a fucking shitload of new content that comes with it.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Thief
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:So they canned the cheaper option for Wii U and instead kept the expensive option going? Oh, Nintendo, so greedy.

No the basic was 300$ before and only had 8GB so now for the same price as the old basic you get a free game and 32GB plus more accessories so it's a better deal.

MiTT3NZ wrote: Wind Waker. Now there's a game that was beautiful enough to not need an HD re-release but will look much, much prettier for it. Still though, I don't feel that any HD re-release justifies a full retail price unless there's a fucking shitload of new content that comes with it.

You get Hyrule Historia book which is a great book.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:44 pm

In the game, or as part of the special edition? Even then, if it's not gameplay, the price isn't justified.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Yeah should not be full price for bloom lighting. Most HD releleases are discounted to 30-40$

Bluecast has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Innit, and a lot are even less. They need to sort out the pricing of DDs this gen n'all, chargin full whack for something you don't physically have is just beyond wrong.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Bluecast
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:08 pm

That 2DS may be designed for parents to buy for their little ones, but got damn that is some seriously unappealing design right thurr. It seems like a shrewd move though from Ninty though, it's nice and cheapy for them to produce and could theoretically sell bucket loads. The branding though....it will surely cause mass confusion amongst the uninformed. Again, it's a shame this thing is so unappealingly designed, as I would have liked a cheaper 3DS without 3D for myself, but I guess it wasn't designed with me in mind. Also, I feel for those poor souls who unwittingly buy one of those older DS games like Hotel Dusk that had one of those open and close the DS puzzles...does this also mean that type of puzzle will become extinct in 3DS games? I love those puzzles....damn you Nintendo!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Friggn should have waited to buy the Wii U for this price drop and Zelda.
What a waste.
Scratch that. Should have never got the Wii U in the first place. Dust collector. Makes me mad. Id sell it if i could. The wife likes to play Wii Fit and Virtual Console games.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Axm wrote: Friggn should have waited to buy the Wii U for this price drop and Zelda.
What a waste.
Scratch that. Should have never got the Wii U in the first place. Dust collector. Makes me mad. Id sell it if i could. The wife likes to play Wii Fit and Virtual Console games.

^ Get Wonderful 101. Think it's something you are your wife would live as is Pikmin 3

mue 26 wrote: That 2DS may be designed for parents to buy for their little ones, but got damn that is some seriously unappealing design right thurr. It seems like a shrewd move though from Ninty though, it's nice and cheapy for them to produce and could theoretically sell bucket loads. The branding though....it will surely cause mass confusion amongst the uninformed. Again, it's a shame this thing is so unappealingly designed, as I would have liked a cheaper 3DS without 3D for myself, but I guess it wasn't designed with me in mind. Also, I feel for those poor souls who unwittingly buy one of those older DS games like Hotel Dusk that had one of those open and close the DS puzzles...does this also mean that type of puzzle will become extinct in 3DS games? I love those puzzles....damn you Nintendo!

You can just play the the 3DS games with the 3D turned off. It's not a big deal. Doesn't hurt the game. In fact they look better and run better. This thing is made for all the dumb kids over the years that break the hinges,o they made it like a double screened GBA. Also kinda looks like some kids My first tablet by leap frog or something.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Wounderful 101 is unapealing to me. Not enough guns and bromance.
Pikmin 3 looks good but id rather play other games like FF14, Last of Us and GTAV.

Overall I should have just bought the Wii U in like winter of 2014 when games i care about are out. And when I could have bought a japanese one so I can play games from stores i live by.
Last edited by Axm on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Next

Return to General Gaming