Support Shenmue in a big German poll

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Support Shenmue in a big German poll

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:45 pm

I support Shenmue all the way, obviously, but using proxies to multi-vote is cheating though, surely?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby js3 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:07 pm

I emailed segabits and seganerds, but I guess it was too late. The round seems to have closed.

Who won?
js3
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Just finished S2 (again)

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 pm

It's offical now: Shenmue won this round! Shenmue has beaten the probably biggest competitor.

I don't know how much mutli-voting was actually involved in this poll but like I said earlier I hardly had any luck with that so I didn't contribute much to the numbers. If you look at them they are pretty high and there was a heated discussion going on in the comments. I guess the Zelda fans also used tricks to push their beloved game through. I came close, up to just 2% behind but then Shenmue got wind beneath it's wings again and took a lead of 8% again.

No matter how Shenmue actually won what matters is that it did win. Against all odds. It has yet to beat SMW and Mario 64 (I bet) and all the rage of the Zelda fans against it on it's way to win this but I see a small glimmer of hope that it can actually manage to take the crown. It got it's own hype in that poll that could help it.

If Shenmue would win this it would truly help Shenmue get some good attention again.
If we spam Sega with "Look Shenmue won" they WILL take notice.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Giorgio
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:24 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I support Shenmue all the way, obviously, but using proxies to multi-vote is cheating though, surely?

I think there's a fault regardless. I managed to vote a few times just by refreshing the page..

Pleased Shenmue made it to the final round. What game is it up against to take the poll?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:31 pm

^Does that actually register though? I did that too, but only because if you go away and come back after after a period it makes you vote again if you want to view the stats.

Anyway, congrats gentlemen/women, pat yourselves on the back and champagne all round.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:35 pm

mue 26 wrote: ^Does that actually register though?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Had to vote a couple of times on all of the polls I followed to see the results again and it never went up a second time.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AM2 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Great work guys! Now let's all vote for F-Zero, that way we'll have it easier in the final.
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Life

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:09 am

Not sure if you're joking, but that would make a blatant mockery of the tournament and render Shenmue's potential victory meaningless. So, in case you're serious, let's not.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Thanatos2001 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:40 am

Honestly? I mean... honestly? You guys stink!
You are openly motivating the members of your little community to cheat in a poll that was supposed to be a fun event for the members of http://www.maniac.de. How about I ask the members of my forum to crush Shenmue in the next round? Wouldn't you all like that? With more than 1.5 million registered users and me being one of the main staff there, it shouldn't be a problem to get at least a few thousand votes against Shenmue. Not funny? Exactly!

This poll is supposed to be a fun event and whether Shenmue would win or not, Sega wouldn't take any note in it whatsoever... nor would they change their minds about Shenmue 3.

Of course you are all welcome to vote there, but please stay fair! Else I will rally some people from my forum to vote.... and we wont have to cheat to beat you!

I will not ever log in here again. If someone has something to say to me, you can find me here:

http://forum.nihonomaru.com/

http://forum.nihonomaru.com/members/tha ... 01.153712/
Thanatos2001
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:03 am

You're blatantly still going to read this, so I may as well reply here. You've taken one or two people who advocate cheating and applied it to this whole site. If that's your best grasp of statistics then I daren't imagine what you think the poll figures were. There are dishonest people in every fanbase, it doesn't make everyone pro-cheating. So don't tar everyone with the same brush, especially as the post right before yours (ie, mine) was arguing against that viewpoint.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby BlueMue » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:47 am

I guess I'm the "evil force" here then...

Sure I tried to get a mere handful of votes in there and sorry that I succeded in as much as an unbelievable 4 extra votes that did absolutely nothing on the final result. LGS is right, you can't blame the entire Shenmue community of resorting to unfair tactics. Also you can't blame me for "motivating" the others here to cheat. Neither did I tell them in any way to do so nor did I recieve any feedback on that. I was just asking and speaking for myself.
The Shenmue community may be small but it's loyal like no other. We don't have much going on so we may have campaigns about voting in a poll. That's not forbidden, is it?

If you want the event to be fun then don't rage about it so hard. Threatening to mobilize a community that doesn't have much to do with the matter of the poll to vote in thousands isn't exactly taking it as a fun event.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby [YUGOFORCE] » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:15 am

Thanatos2001 wrote:How about I ask the members of my forum to crush Shenmue in the next round? Wouldn't you all like that? With more than 1.5 million registered users and me being one of the main staff there, it shouldn't be a problem to get at least a few thousand votes against Shenmue. Not funny? Exactly!
Else I will rally some people from my forum to vote.... and we wont have to cheat to beat you!

[YUGOFORCE] has received a thanks from: nskachu
[YUGOFORCE]

Postby mue 26 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:32 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: You're blatantly still going to read this, so I may as well reply here. You've taken one or two people who advocate cheating and applied it to this whole site. If that's your best grasp of statistics then I daren't imagine what you think the poll figures were. There are dishonest people in every fanbase, it doesn't make everyone pro-cheating. So don't tar everyone with the same brush, especially as the post right before yours (ie, mine) was arguing against that viewpoint.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:14 pm

The quarter finals are over now and it seems they take yet another break to prepare the semi finals.

Mario 64 destroyed F-Zero and Metal Gear Solid (surprisingly to me) actually topped Mario Kart.
That one was extremely close though. Just a 2% difference and 12 votes or something.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mrslig100 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Honestly? I mean... honestly? You guys stink!
You are openly motivating the members of your little community to cheat in a poll that was supposed to be a fun event for the members of http://www.maniac.de. How about I ask the members of my forum to crush Shenmue in the next round? Wouldn't you all like that? With more than 1.5 million registered users and me being one of the main staff there, it shouldn't be a problem to get at least a few thousand votes against Shenmue. Not funny? Exactly!

This poll is supposed to be a fun event and whether Shenmue would win or not, Sega wouldn't take any note in it whatsoever... nor would they change their minds about Shenmue 3.

Of course you are all welcome to vote there, but please stay fair! Else I will rally some people from my forum to vote.... and we wont have to cheat to beat you!

Now I don't support cheating in this poll.
But even I don't come around sniveling on every forum for every game Because they seem to be winning.
I can guarantee you that their will be others!!!
I think I might snivel round your forum to piss you off.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue