Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Sonikku » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:12 am

Teepo found me in STO today. I'm unsure how long it will last given his track record, but I agreed to give him the benefit of the doubt until he gives reason to block him. He showed me his Defiant class bridge, clearly more pimped out than my crummy Sovereign. He's the second dojo member to find me, after Kiba. I suppose it would be interesting if we all got a chance to group together for fleet actions sometime.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:52 am

south carmain wrote: ^online feminazi activists will find faults in anything, best to just ignore them at this point. but hey I can understand, it's easier to combat "virtual sexism" to gain attention rather than actually taking a risk trying to help real women rights in places like Afghanistan and Sudan. who cares if women are having their vaginas ritually mutilated across the world and sold in to marriage before they hit 10, what's more important is that we stop female video game characters from wearing tight jeans :nice!:

No kidding, all this shit gives real feminism a bad name to the point where guys use it as an excuse to be even MORE misogynistic and hateful.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby south carmain » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:45 am

^true, they're also highly hypocritical. they'll be 100% behind slut walk saying clothes aren't what create rapes etc then write an article about how sexualised characters in video games make men view women as objects which leads to a loss of respect and rape. ironically I feel like my mind that has been severely involuntarily gangbanged every time I read one of their articles.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Thief » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:53 am

Sonikku wrote: Teepo found me in STO today. I'm unsure how long it will last given his track record, but I agreed to give him the benefit of the doubt until he gives reason to block him. He showed me his Defiant class bridge, clearly more pimped out than my crummy Sovereign. He's the second dojo member to find me, after Kiba. I suppose it would be interesting if we all got a chance to group together for fleet actions sometime.

What's STO?
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:53 am

star trek online

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: Thief, wude
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:48 pm

So far EX Troopers is great. Like a blend of Lost Planet (is a spinoff after all) and Mega Man Legends. In fact it feels a lot like Mega Man Legends. Visually reminds me of JSR the first time I saw it on DC just in HD. Since this was built on 3DS the game isn't pushing the PS3 any but still looks really nice. Despite not knowing Japanese it's really easy to figure out what to do as it's a very visual game. Even when it's not super obvious can figure it out rather quickly.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Thief » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Pokémon comes out tomorrow. I had originally pre-ordered it from Amazon -- but apparently because of the weekend holiday they won't be sending it out until the 17th... canceled my pre-order and just went into GameStop. There's no way I'm waiting close to a week for the new Pokémon Generation.

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, wude
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:18 pm

OL wrote: I'm just confused by what the writer seriously wants out of a female protagonist.

By the sounds of things, she'd probably only stop complaining if the game was about successful, slightly overweight 40-something women, who definitely aren't "past it", teaching those men bastards a lesson by cutting their willies off and maybe kerb stomping some of them.

The men characters would then ideally give the women characters money for it.
Last edited by St. Elmo's Fire on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

St. Elmo's Fire has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:51 pm

south carmain wrote: ^true, they're also highly hypocritical. they'll be 100% behind slut walk saying clothes aren't what create rapes etc then write an article about how sexualised characters in video games make men view women as objects which leads to a loss of respect and rape. ironically I feel like my mind that has been severely involuntarily gangbanged every time I read one of their articles.

Does that mean Segata Sanshiro Jr is a feminist? :P
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Thief wrote: Pokémon comes out tomorrow. I had originally pre-ordered it from Amazon -- but apparently because of the weekend holiday they won't be sending it out until the 17th... canceled my pre-order and just went into GameStop. There's no way I'm waiting close to a week for the new Pokémon Generation.

Haven't played one since silver/gold. Been looking at 3DS's for the past month or so trying to talk myself into buying another one. Went through 3 at launch and neither one worked for more than a few days so I gave up. Just saw this and it really makes me want to pick up one up and become a pokemaster again

Raithos has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Thief, wude
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:56 am

In FF14 i was level grinding with a group when the group leader said "i like this group. everyone actually talks" i said "want me to talk dirty" he kicked me out of group and called me a fag. i then realized i accidently said that to him in a private message. not a message the whole group couldve seen (which wouldve made it a joke/funny) oops :oops:

Perfect_Chaos has received 3 thanks from: Axm, OL, ShOzO MiZuKi
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:09 am

Annoyed. The component cable I ordered cannot be dispatched due to a manufacturer recall. Annoys me even more my copy of Yakuza was dispatched today. Maybe this was a sign?

Regardless, does anyone want a free copy of Yakuza for PS2 in "acceptable" condition with manual? I'll have to limit shipping to the UK since it's a PAL copy and I'll send it at no charge. Reply here or send me a PM.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:06 am

Why would you give it away for free when you haven't even received it yet? Are you mentally retarded or something?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Why would you give it away for free when you haven't even received it yet? Are you mentally retarded or something?

Yess.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 pm

http://kotaku.com/after-six-generations ... Socialflow

lol im not sure if this is a real snorlax
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming