Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby OL » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Jokatech19 wrote:After 15 years, I finally beat Breath of Fire 1 today. I remember getting frustrated and stuck at the next to last boss back when I was 13 years old. He would get so close to death and then use an instant-kill T.Bolt spell and drop the whole party. He kept doing it until I lost my temper and sold the game after days of frustration. I didn't get it back again until all these years later. Completing it is quite a moment for me. Childhood memories....

My experience with Wonder Boy in Monster World was much like that. Loved the game to bits, but could never beat the last boss until I played through it again a few years ago. Felt freakin grand. Like I'd finally accomplished this crazy goal I'd been holding on to my whole life.
Yeah, great memories.

EDIT: So just watching a video or two of the new Thief game, and I'm starting to be a little more pleased with what I see, especially after hearing the new actor's voice a little more. It's still not as good as the old voice for Garret, but I did notice that the new guy has gone out of his way to pick up some of the nuances of how the old Garret spoke. It's not perfect, but he's done a good job of adapting to it a little more. Almost sounds like a younger version of Garret, even though that makes no sense in-context.

OL has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Well, I cant stop playing skyrim... Playing this game on PC on max settings with the xbox 360 controller is pretty dern awesome I must say. Its really gotten its hooks into me and its better than I had imagined, the world is rather pretty, which I was expecting a bit more bland so thats good, it does lack color but it what it lacks in that aspect, it makes up for in other visual areas, the art direction is actually pretty darn good and aesthetically sound. It seems like a great explanation of western RPG, the definition of it really, im getting sucked in.

AnimeGamer183 has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Jokatech19, Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:05 pm

It's always dangerous to pick up a game and play it after too long. I was a beast in Tekken after years of training with Hworang ( who by the way, I would not recommend to anyone as a main). I started playing Tekken 6 again today, assuming I could pick up where Ieft off. The game is ridiculously difficult. I ruined my win percentage, because Tekken 5 and Tekken 6 record every win or loss.

Jokatech19 has received a thanks from: Kenny
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Hwoarang is really good if you know how to use him, but so can any character if you can get a good handle on them. I've seen characters like Jack, Kuma, Dr. B, Leo, and Roger/Alex rise to the occasion and play in tournament matches. Even my main Jin, who most people would write off, is used by Hao who is one of the best Tekken players in the world.

The key to winning Tekken is to understand the character's fighting style and the player's playing style. You can go above and beyond studying frames and all that, but knowing all characters especially your mains is the difference between success and getting your ass kicked. I found out the higher level players tend to poke alot in order to pressure you to do something stupid, then they lay it all down with power moves and long juggles once your guard is down.

TTT2 and Rev are much more refined and polished than the earlier games though. I find it hard to go back to T5 now, especially since Jin is REALLY slow in that game. They totally improved him big time after 6.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:17 am

I find it odd how much I'm loving Arkham Origins Online. I had a feeling that playing as Bane or Joker's gang would just be a chore as you wait to play as Batman or Robin, but it's ridiculously enjoyable. Never thought that tactics would play such an important role in it. That said, I'm disappointed with how bare bones it feels. It's a great basis to build on, but the lack of options makes it a little too restricted. Plus it's fucking difficult as hell to get in a full lobby. More people need to give it a chance.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Axm » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Watching a live stream on PS4 of someones snake eating a huge rat.. Uhh the future is now?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:22 am

They made it snowy in GTA:O for Christmas day

south carmain has received a thanks from: OL
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:03 am

What an odd freaking day! At the end of the work day I went to my family's house for dinner. Playing with my inlaws' husky. Later when walking out to go home, my mother in law and wife get my attention to tell me the dog is chewing on something.......I look down to my fucking breast pocket, and somehow my PSP is no longer there. I barely moved when playing with the dog. How the hell did I not feel anything fall out. At first, I'm in disbelief. Then they bring it to me. I've had this thing for 6 years. It's the only thing I play. OMFG, I don't have words right now.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:41 am

Sucks man. Get a Vita though.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:54 am

Axm wrote: Sucks man. Get a Vita though.

You know, I really thought about that hard. I even said to myself about a month ago, that if something like this happened, I'd see it as an opportunity to get a Vita. But even with the good prices on the units, when I was about to order one, the issues of no internal memory, no real useful accessories, no real support or growing library, and the hulkish size that make it a non-portable, came up. I really expected to just buy one, but thinking about it for a second, I couldn't see myself replacing a handheld with a Vita. I may buy it next year as an addition to my library.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:46 am

^I wouldn't say the vita is hulkish size, I have no problem carrying it around with me on my travels. And it has quite a big library of good games already http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wik ... ation_Vita add to that list a few more games like assassins creed liberation and also soon to be released borderlands 2 and minecraft not to mention backwards compability with PSP and PS1 digital titles and you've got enough games to keep you going for ages

south carmain has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:51 pm

What does a Vita go for these days? And what's your top 5 vita games, SC?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:46 pm

mue 26 wrote: What does a Vita go for these days? And what's your top 5 vita games, SC?

Not sure but I got mine for 90£ which is a pretty good deal. I'm pretty sure you can find in that price range if you look carefully

My top five would be
1. Persona 4 golden
2. Uncharted
3. MGS HD collection
4. Rayman origins
5. virtue's last reward

I haven't even come close to playing everything on it though so you would be better off checking the link I posted

south carmain has received a thanks from: mue 26
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:06 pm

mue 26 wrote: What does a Vita go for these days? And what's your top 5 vita games, SC?

£150 bundle with a memory card and Tearaway on Amazon..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:16 pm

^Well, it did go for £19 if you bought just Tearaway off Zavvi. :lol:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming