Ryo Hazuki vs. Kazuma Kiryu

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Luvly KM » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:32 pm

The real question is...

Would Kiryu beat Lan di? i could imagine kazuma fighting valiantly with his never say die attitude, but as we see in yakuza 2 when he gets stabbed, i feel that he just lacks that bit of awareness that would be needed to best a superb martial artist such as lan di...

i have no doubt kazuma would land a few meaty punches and dodge a few moves but in the end, i feel that he would eventually tire in comparison to Lan Di's utmost compusure and care for the martial arts..

Now, as it stands i think Kazama Kiryu would destroy Ryo. Although Ryo is very technically gifted (he had a superb teacher in Iwao), his martial art is too naive and at times, Ryo lets his emotions cloud his judgements (this comes with his age).

However, i feel that Ryo's Travels throughout Shenmue I & II have truly matured him both as a person and as a martial artist (he showed extreme patience in learning the four Wude etc.) and after having defeated many a street fighter and learning numerous fighting styles from seasoned experts i think that by the end of Shenmue III, Ryo just may have the experience to back up his technical expertise.

Also to prove how close a fight it would be... Ryo defeated Dou Nui in similar circumstances as Kazuma defeated Shimano who were very similar in fighting style and size. also in comparison to Kazuma, i feel that Ryo would have less trouble defeating Majima's fast, elusive style due to his knowledge of the martial arts. Kazuma just goes all-guns-blazing at Majima without much concern or finesse and often leaves the fights slightly fatigued and bruised. Ironically though, it is with such a technique that i feel Kazuma would beat Ryo Hazuki in a fair fight (no weapons)
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:47 am

I believe Ryo would win during 1987. Based on the fact that Kazuma was about his age during the events of Shenmue and he was just some kid and only looked up to Fuma. (for those of you who actually completed Yakuza 2) now if you're saying Ryo vs Kazuma during the time period Yakuza takes place we have yet to find out what Ryo learns or if he even survives... so therefore a fair judgment on Ryo vs Kazuma cannot be concluded. :lol:

BTW : I kind of hate the guns in Yakuza... it kind of brings back that Final Fantasy feeling of Aeris dieing... lol I shot you in the battle engine!!! wait no effect? You used a healing item?

DAMN!

Someone gets shot in a cutscene.... death!

limit guns to cutscenes only problem solved.
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dorian » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:28 am

Kazuma is the fucking antithesis of Ryo. Putting them into a fight is the equivalent of dividing be zero.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Fatal Rose » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:48 am

I have to go with Ryo, he just seems far more skilled and faces higher skilled martial artist. Kazuma faces quality opponents with skill but not on par with the high level martial artist Shenmue offers. Remember, many of Ryo's opponents are near VF level of skill, a couple may even be at that level if not higher (Lan Di comes to mind, Chai was pretty good, so was Ghuizhang(SP?)).

Ryo also seems to have a big speed advantage to me. Kazuma is a bad dude but I think Ryp has what it takes to beat him.
Fatal Rose
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Luvly KM » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:00 pm

Hopefully, if the create-a-fighter feature in the upcoming UFC: Undisputed game is decent enough then this fight shall reach fruition.

i plan to make Ryu and my friend is planning to make kuzuma for us to then meet in the middle in an online bout.

Iv worked out the tale of the tape:

Ryo Hazuki @ age 40
Yokohama, japan
5ft 9in - 175cm
162lb - 73kg
reach 69in

Kazuma kiryu @ age 41
Tokyo, Japan
6ft 1in - 1851/2
186lb - 84kg
reach 77in

obviously Kazuma goes in with the physical advantage but Ryo's agility, surprising strength and martial art superiority shall even it up.

like i say - a lot depends on how good the create-a-fighter feature actually is.

if you can make people with large diversity then theres no stopping from creating lan Di, Baihu, Gary 'Buster' Holmes, Majima, Dou Nui, Devil Tsuji etc.
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby R3N » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Luvly KM said.
I have no doubt kazuma would land a few meaty punches and dodge a few moves but in the end, i feel that he would eventually tire in comparison to Lan Di's utmost compusure and care for the martial arts.. ???
Do you know what you are saying Luvly KM?
If Lan Di and Kazuma Kiryu fight.
Kazuma would not even touch Lan Di, Lan Di have Super Human speed And he can Kill in only 1 Hit hitting a Vital point.Even an expert that spend most of his life training like Iwao could not even touch him and more Lan Di did not put much effort defeating Iwao he killed him so easily .Lan Di would 1 hit Kill Kazuma Kiryu.
Even Xiuying Would Defeat easily Kazuma And i am sure Lan Di is Twice as powerful as Xiuying When He Fights seriously something we have not seen yet.....
I Think there is No Way Ryo could defeat or even touch Lan Di unless he goes on an ultimate Ancient chinese training for atleast a year or more.
And to Say more Lan di is master of a fobbiden martial art because it was so deadly that the emperor decided to make it fobbiden.

Ok Now Ryo vs Kazuma kiryu

Ryo Would Win But It would be hard battle.
Why Ryo would win?
1.Ryo .... who say's he is Weaker?? He can lift a person with just 1 hand and in shenmue 2 he can defeat If you a goodplayer like me ;) Really Strong Men in Arm wrestling Even If they were Twice His size! Ryo is a lot Stronger than he looks!!!!

2.Ryo has Counter skills Like Counter Elbow so Even if Kazuma had more power Ryo would just use Kazuma Power against him ;)

3.Kazuma fights dirty so what Ryo has some cheap moves too Like the one you use against Chai in the arcade.

4.Ryo do not use weapons who needs them when you have moves like stab armor, Machine Gun!

5.And like you all said Ryo is alot faster.Seriosly Yakuza Fighting is soo slowwwwwwwww compared to shenmue.

Why he lost

Dou Niu Is a Freak the guy Jump from a 10 floor from the Ghost hall building like nothing
His height is 7-3 Weight 397
Kazuma has a strong opponent like that i do not think so. I have not seen a character in Yakuza that can Jump from a 10 th floor like nothing. Dou Niu could Defeat Kazuma too....
and you can not compare Futo Shimano with Dou Niu Kazuma could send him flying with 1 punch Kazuma could never do that to Dou Niu He alot stronger and Bigger that Futo Shimano............Dou Niu has Great defence also

Tell me How exacly could Kazuma Ace the trap from the heavens? in the area there were no weapons and you were sorounded from 3 size from more than 20 characters in such a small area Kazuma would not be able to win while been attacked from all dirrections not even bruce lee would have win but yes Lan Di would ;).

Bruce lee was just an actor not the best martial artist in history but yes in filmmaking .... There have been alot better martial artist than him and he does not even follows the Wude JIE... Don't show or use moves thoughtlessly.He uses his skills for show business.
It's like Bruce Lee said: the ultimate fighting style is no style at all. If you have a guy who adheres to a strict set of moves
when did Ryo adheres to a strict set of moves? He used more that one fighting style he do not only use Jujitsu Moves he uses various move from different styles from ninjitsu, Taekwondo, karate, Bajiquan and Piguaquan and many others styles.
What Bruce lee meant was that if you practice karate example because you think is the ultimate style and ignore all others moves from others style because you think yours the ultimate.What Bruce meant was that you should learn and combine more than one style. Because That is what Jeet Kune Do is a mixed martial art.

Let Google decide this Fight!!
Kazuma kiryu vs Ryo Hazuki
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... Ryo+Hazuki

Kazuma kiryu vs Lan Di (Lan Di OWNED HIM >=D)

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... rd2=Lan+Di

Ryo Hazuki vs Lan Di Poor Ryo :(
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... rd2=Lan+Di
Ryo Hazuki And Kazuma kiryu vs Lan Di
Lan Di would Kill both of them.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby OL » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:31 am

What a random bump...

I stand by my view from two and a half years ago. Kazuma would win.
Best argument: with a bit of work, EVERY fight in both Yakuza games is winnable, even the nigh-impossible back alley martial arts master (forgot his name). In Shenmue 2, you're forced to lose twice. That's the game itself telling you that Ryo isn't good enough. Kazuma is ALWAYS good enough, Ryo isn't.

Win.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby R3N » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:26 pm

Seriously Yakuza fighting sucks not as advanced and complex as shenmue
Kazuma moves are so basic and so easy to predict and yes enemy in yakuza are stupid they do not know how to guard and evade properly with his slow speed Even Chai would Defeat Kazuma.
But I am Saying if Kazuma goes to Shenmue World He would Be raped.
If Ryo goes to a world like Yakuza lol he would not have any challenge because even the main character never lose because enemies are so crappy.

But like I say Both are different worlds.In shenmue they do not use guns because they are too manly that they do not need weapon.On the other hand Yakuza world they do need guns because they suck too much at fighting.

And to say more its impossible to combine a world so great that is in shenmue to a crap world like Yakuza that is garbage compared to shenmue.

Ryo would win why because Kazuma just some Street Punk. :P

-Win
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Luvly KM » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:09 am

You worry me.

but the fight has to take place in limbo between both worlds. a world in which Dou Niu would not be able to jump 10 stories and a world in which kazuma is not perceived as being slow because of the fighting engine.

it would be a fight i would certainly not like to predict.

also lan di isn't super human - through the laws of chance alone - kazuma or Ryo would be able to hurt him. also, his martial art isnt forbidden, it is just incredibly unique and will die with lan di.
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Ryo Hazuki vs. Kazuma Kiryu

Postby ossama_2010 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:17 am

This whole argument of how Ryo is stronger than Kiryu is completely and utterly wrong.....................
here are the true reasons why Kazuma Kiryu is far more powerful than Ryo Hazuki:
1-People are claiming that Ryo is faster than Kazuma, but Kazuma is infact much faster than Ryo in Yakuza 5 Kazuma was able to dodge a freaking rocket! can Ryo dodge a rocket?? NO
2-People are saying that Ryo took out 70 gang members with a partner and they are saying that due to this he is stronger well this is completely wrong too, in Yakuza 5 during the Tojo clan raid of Nagasugai (i think) Kazuma was able to take on hundreds of Tojo clan Yakuza armed to the teeth alone, and Ryo could only take down 70 gang members with a partner.
3-Kazuma was also able to take down two feral tigers, can Ryo take down two tigers? i dont think so
4-Kazuma has almost never been shown in his prime, whereas in Shenmue Ryo was like 18+ and was shown in his prime the whole time, Ryo isn't as fast as middle aged Kazuma in his prime, wtf makes you people think he's faster than Young Kazuma?!
5-Kazuma also has lots of skills in weapons and Ryo doesn't have much knowledge about weapons.
Bottom Line
Kazuma Kiryu is far more powerful than Ryo Hazuki, if you match Kazuma's strength with Lan Di they might probably be equals, Lan Di has a very powerful blow that can kill someone in one hit, but Kiryu also has speed on his side he can either dodge that strike or block it, Lan Di is also very fast but so is Kiryu they both are extremely fast so if you match both of them up it is definitely a draw
here's a message to all you arrogant Shenmue fans out there (i myself am a huge huge shenmue fan) get your facts straight before jumping to conclusions
keep in mind im not a Ryo hater or anything i like Ryo alot almost as much as Kazuma.

Bottom Line
Kazuma Kiryu > Ryo Hazuki
Kazuma Kiryu = Lan Di
(I hope to see a future crossover between Yakuza & Shenmue both are one of my favorite video game series of all time)

ossama_2010 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
ossama_2010
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: ossama_2010
Steam: ossama_2010
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: N/A

Postby OL » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:09 pm

:lol:
Multiple random bumps over several years. Guess the topic's got some fight in it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Cave Johnson » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:56 pm

What about Ryo Hazuki MEGA64 Shenmue III vs. Kiryu Kazuma from Yakuza Dead souls
Cave Johnson

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: SHMUPS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:34 pm

It depends entirely on who's holding the control pad.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby darksniper » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:54 pm

Shenmue Online Ryo would fuck Kiryu up. One good Hadouken to the face and he's outta there.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Ryo Hazuki vs. Kazuma Kiryu vs this thread

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:53 pm

OL wrote: :lol:
Multiple random bumps over several years. Guess the topic's got some fight in it.

:lol:

darksniper wrote:Shenmue Online Ryo would fuck Kiryu up. One good Hadouken to the face and he's outta there.

Kiryu would still win. He's survived fights with Amon where they've fired a satellite laser at him..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming