Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Yama » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:47 pm

I'd suggest moving on.

You all know we've been more than fair, unbanning every single member ever to post here and giving them a second chance. Where does this type of leniency happen again? Having showed this restraint for years now, I ask that you trust in the moderation staff and let it be at this point. Any community I run is the most lenient community you'll come across, I promise you that. With that said, they're also not a cesspool, they're legitimate websites with a topic at hand. It took years to achieve balance here, allowing the Dojo to run it's natural off topic course in ways that weren't detrimental to the series itself. Now it feels like a Shenmue community once more, with it's own flavor through out. Never should it be any other way, it'd be a smack in the face to all of our veteran contributors. Coming back from a permanent ban thanks to the understanding of a new staff, you don't respond by essentially doing what a spam attack would consist of. It's not cute, nor is it funny. We're all indifferent, not butt hurt in any way. Though we also know it's intentional spam and not the way to help the legitimate efforts going on through out our community. Threads as such ruin forums credibility, look at GameFAQ's. We're not going to accept that nonsense and if it were a new member, they'd be banned immediately. This should be no different, especially with a member who was essentially permanently banned and given one last chance. That's a smack in the face, nothing more.

The story goes on...

Yama has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Axm
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Meh, as long as you don't ban me I suppose...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yama » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:04 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Meh, as long as you don't ban me I suppose...

I'd never ban you, you cunt.

Yama has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Write it into the staff rules n I'll believe it.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Yama
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:02 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Sonikku wrote: Image

The guy in the blue shirt is me.

Haha AG, I'm sure you'll well aware that almost everyone here identified you as the white shirt guy immediately.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm pretty sure that was the joke tbh.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:06 pm

I'd say QWERTY alone was more interesting then anything in the Shenmue forums for the last 10 years. Reading any of the threads in there are about as fun as a prostate exam.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bambi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:12 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I'm pretty sure that was the joke tbh.

I'm honestly not sure but I'd like that to be case. :)
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yama » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I'd say QWERTY alone was more interesting then anything in the Shenmue forums for the last 10 years. Reading any of the threads in there are about as fun as a prostate exam.

I don't personally have any problems with QWERTY, hence my own decision to let him post again despite previous moderation. It was his decision to cross the line on a short leash, he choked. It's a unanimous decision, not a knee jerk reaction.

But hey, when Shenmue III is announced his news will then be valid, so I'm sure it could be reversed at that point...

Yama has received 2 thanks from: Bambi, Shenmuedabest
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby mue 26 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:18 pm

his sole purpose for being here was to attempt to have a laugh at the forum's expense.

Word life. Anyone who finds qwerty's banning lamentable will have a harder time defending him when he inevitably creates a fake account and goes on a shitty trolling spree through the forum just like the last time he got banned...
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:24 pm

Yeah, but how can you argue with this from his blatantly banned "Save QWERTY" account?

MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Sailors? » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Somebody ban Yama, potty mouth.

Concerning Qwerty that topic was just stupid. I'd usually defend the guy as I've laughed loads at some of the things he's posted here over the years but this just wasn't funny and I can see why it really annoys some. There seems to be this stigma attached to having a passion for a videogame (in this case Shenmue) which of course is quite absurd on a Shenmue forum. It's ok to have a passion for something, even a game. It's also ok to laugh at these people when you don't agree with their passion, but not if you are on their side and fighting the same fight.

Remember when we used to bash on Alimn for having an overly eager Shenmue (and Yu Suzuki) passion. That was pretty hilarious, and some of the posts on the Facebook group are pretty laughable posts. But these guys are actually helping us get Shenmue 3 and I would fucking love that game. As I know you would Mitts and the rest of you, even if you don't admit it, we want it.

There was literally no point in Qwerts topic and I'd rather it had just been ignored entirely rather than fueled. I'd like to see him back at some point and I'm sure I'll laugh hysterically at some of the new accounts he's likely to make. But yeah, lame move.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Thief » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:52 pm

I think what it comes down to is that we're just bummed because we'll miss QWERTY.

I think I might cry :cry:
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:59 pm

No, I think it's something much more sinister than repeat offences or taking the piss out of Shenmue. It's fairly obvious that LGS was left seething following his tie with QWERTY for Funniest Member in the recent Dojo Awards, so used his influence to have him banned. I'm quite certain that he's currently sat in a dark room, tapping his fingers against one another, plotting his next move as he turns his sights toward me. Joke's on him though, because - as you can see further up the page - I'm ban-proof. Coz I'm awesome.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Thief
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Stu>>>>>>>>>>>>Mittenz

And I have no clue who Stu is.