Japanese Music

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Japanese Music

Postby OL » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:07 am

It's been kind of a while since I was last able to get excited about a new Japanese band; most of the stuff I've been listening to is either kind of old, or just new stuff from bands I've liked for years.
Just stumbled across this one while listening to samples from a hide tribute album though, and had to look up more from them. Really liking what I hear. There's a nice metal edge in there, of course, but they also have a really great sense for a more "classic" visual kei style, what with the really melodic guitar/bass riffs and all. Really enjoying it. Might have to import some cds soon.
The band is called Dezert.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:02 am

My brother put me on to this song recently. Really pixies-ish. I'm gonna have to get some of their albums because this is a certified hit.

Supercar - Hello
phpBB [video]

Rakim has received a thanks from: Axm
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby poblequadrat » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Rakim wrote: My brother put me on to this song recently. Really pixies-ish. I'm gonna have to get some of their albums because this is a certified hit.

Supercar - Hello
phpBB [video]

I recommend Answer.
poblequadrat
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby mue 26 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:12 pm

I have no idea who this artist is or how I found this, but I'm feeling it.

phpBB [video]

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Rakim
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:16 pm

That's KOIZUMI Kyoku. One of her biggest hits was written by my idol AKIMOTO Yasushi who created AKB. So you know she's gotta be good.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:47 am

phpBB [video]

One of my favorite Japanese songs. The way his voice cracks when he switches vocal registers to hit the high note in the chorus always gets me. That one little imperfection takes the whole thing to the next level of greatness for me.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Wed May 14, 2014 12:35 am

The intro to this kinda reminds me of Shenmue. Its really nice. I'm gonna have to try and figure out the chords.
phpBB [video]
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:25 pm

I think I've unearthed the Tokyo tugsdem.

phpBB [video]

Well, they might not really be tuggy tugs. But their incessant and menacing forefinger index finger and thumb money rubbing gestures seem to indicate they are bad news. Seriously though, I'm not feeling this, the C.R.E.A.M hook and the fact that they share their name with an infamously lame pair of 90s rappers (who admittedly had ultra dope preemo beats) is so corny.

I know what you're thinking, let's see your London tugs do better, right? Well you done fucked up. TUGGAWAR represent!!!:

phpBB [video]

FA DAYZZZZ!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Fri May 30, 2014 3:00 am

mue 26 wrote:I know what you're thinking, let's see your London tugs do better, right?

Actually I was just wondering to myself why you'd post stuff that you don't like.
Also, the guy's eyes in the second video creep me the hell out. Totally lifeless, like they're painted on his eyelids or something.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:03 am

Dunno really, I seemed to somehow end up in the Japanese Gangsta rap section on youtube and thought I'd share, but yeah good point. And yeah I totally agree about that tuggawar guy, still he's good for a laugh. He's being totally serious though, such a Jafaican.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:37 pm

"Oishii from head to toe but you're good to go oh oh oh"- da gawd M-Flo.

phpBB [video]

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Rakim
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:17 am

I feel douchey correcting you, but you went as far as to put it in your sig so just so you know its ".....マジ(maji) good to go....." The more you know.

That's the jam, though.

EDIT: While I'm here I might as well post a video.

TM Revolution getting a higher score in Wii-U karaoke than anyone else will ever get.

phpBB [video]
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:31 am

Actually thanks for correcting, I need to update my sig now :)
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:22 pm

More from da gawd

phpBB [video]

How do you rate Chara, Rakim? Also what about this Major Force old school Japanese hip hop group I've heard about. And do you know this twigy guy lol?

phpBB [video]
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 am

OL wrote: Oh shit. Another band I thought had lost their spark over time is Girugamesh, but I just listened to their newest:

phpBB [video]

...and holy FUCK, that's awesome.
I was a huge fan for a long time a few years back, and I still enjoyed their newer stuff now and then (they never got bad, just not as good as before), but this one sends it over the top. I'm a big fan again. New album out sometime soon. May actually import that.

I'm a bit late on this but I LOVE this song. I'm not all that into hard hard rock anymore but if it's got a good melody like this song and doesn't have screaming in it I can't resist. Thanks for the suggestion. Is Girugamesh's other music similar?

The only J-band I'm really a "fan" of outside of anime music is L'arc-en-ciel.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: OL
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic