NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby Ziming » Thu May 22, 2014 4:12 pm

ShenSun wrote:
How can you tell?

Discussion from various users at the Shenmue 500k group. They compared it to older existing trademarks and they do not match up.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueMue » Thu May 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Well now this is staring to get interesting!
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenSun » Thu May 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Ziming wrote:
ShenSun wrote:
How can you tell?

Discussion from various users at the Shenmue 500k group. They compared it to older existing trademarks and they do not match up.

Interesting. If it is Shenmue HD/3 who do you guys think will be the ones to announce it, Sony or MS.................or Nintendo lol.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Radar » Thu May 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Wait, wait, wait! We already had and still have word SHENMUE as trademark, how something that already existed can be completely new?
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu May 22, 2014 4:18 pm

In a SegaNerds podcast back in June of last year Corey Marshall said he was recording dialogue for a title he couldn't disclose. Here's the quote:

“The picture of me back in studio is a recent picture, in fact very recent, but with non-disclosure agreements, I cannot reveal what project I’m working on,” he said. “I can say, however, I’m not working on Shenmue 3. I’m saying right now, it’s not 3, so please don’t freak out too much.”

He says whatever he was working on wasn't 3 but I hope it was a complete saga or something like that. Though compressing Shenmue 1-2 and throwing in Shenmue 3+ would not be the approach I would like. But we're beggars at this point, and you know what they say about them.

But the wait until we get some clarification of what's going on is going to be insane!
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Thu May 22, 2014 4:23 pm

never thought id be typing in www.shenmue.com into my browser again. Hopefully Sega dont troll us and put the same site back online :(
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Thu May 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Ziming wrote:
ShenSun wrote:
How can you tell?

Objection! That's not a decisive evidence. A mere discussion with some members of the Shenmue 500k group, with questionable skills of analysis and/or experience on the subject, can not be accepted as a conclusive proof by this court. Your Honor, I suggest that we must penalize prosecutor Ziming.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby ShenSun » Thu May 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Ziming wrote:
ShenSun wrote:
How can you tell?

Objection! That's not a decisive evidence. A mere discussion with some members of the Shenmue 500k group, with questionable skills of analysis and/or experience on the subject, can not be accepted as a conclusive proof by this court. Your Honor, I suggest that we must penalize prosecutor Ziming.

I'll inform Tentei, dont worry.

ShenSun has received 3 thanks from: BlueMue, Giorgio, Supa
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu May 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Okay guys, just wanted to inform you that filing a new trademark shortly before the software is shown is nothing new. Sony filed The Order 1886 very shortly before E3 and it showed up there. They currently recently filed trademarks for "Entwined" "Bloodline" and another I can't recall and they're all assumed likely to be announced at this years E3 as well.

Take that information with the fact that this trademark does not seem to be a renewal but something SEGA had to have actively pursued means there is more than just a fleeting chance of something happening.

Corey Marshal said that he was not working on Shenmue 3, and many Shenmue fans have been laboring for years they'd take more Shenmue any way that they could get it, even if it's not updated graphically from its Dreamcast era.

Maybe SEGA ported Shenmue 1 & 2 and created a few chapters that were originally planned for those games that had to be cut, as well as some DLC. It's a long stretch, but if Corey was recording for new material for Shenmue and it was not S3 then it has to be somewhere along these lines.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Giorgio » Thu May 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Ziming wrote: Screen capture of the trademark filing by Sega. From what we gather it's a completely new trademark and not a renewal of a existing one.

Found the page where that is coming from: http://www.ali213.net/news/html/2014-5/105155.html
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenSun » Thu May 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Found the page where that is coming from: http://www.ali213.net/news/html/2014-5/105155.html

Is this image from today then or from back when ryo was revealed as dlc?
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SnowyHarbor » Thu May 22, 2014 6:28 pm

:O Damn this has me excited! I keep telling myself to play it cool but shieeet why fight it? :P

ShenSun I'd think Sony based on the points that Adam Koralik makes in one of his videos.. but who knows at this point. I better start saving to buy an XBOne or PS4 just in case haha.
SnowyHarbor
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Steam: オロ_oro
Currently playing: Shenmue 2

Postby ShenSun » Thu May 22, 2014 6:36 pm

I have to say, I agree with everything Adam states in this video.

phpBB [video]

ShenSun has received a thanks from: Giorgio
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ziming » Thu May 22, 2014 6:36 pm

From Facebook:

LanDC wrote:
Just thought I'd let everyone know, the last time there was a Japanese Shenmue trademark update found, Shenmue Gai was announced a few months later. http://nintendoeverything.com/japanese- ... pdates-14/ You can see here were it was found similarly to this new one. It's the third under Sega, in Japanese since it was a Japanese only release.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Giorgio » Thu May 22, 2014 7:02 pm

ShenSun wrote: Is this image from today then or from back when ryo was revealed as dlc?

From today. I don't know why they put Ryo DLC picture in that (probably just to relate it with the current Shenmue trademark update in Japan; that on vehicle appears "SHEN3" + now the trademark = ShenmuE3).
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates