NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue May 27, 2014 11:07 am

What makes you think that guy works at SOA?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Tue May 27, 2014 11:34 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: What makes you think that guy works at SOA?

He left the same post on shenmue500k under the same name. When you press on that name it shows his profile, stating that he has worked for SOA for the past 10 years.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby snanime » Tue May 27, 2014 1:48 pm

Here is a very possible scenario:
Either Shenmue HD or A Shenmue Mobile App, it features all mini games from Shenmue Series. I personally don't mind but id rather much see Shenmue 3. :heart:
snanime
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue May 27, 2014 2:14 pm

ShenSun wrote:He left the same post on shenmue500k under the same name. When you press on that name it shows his profile, stating that he has worked for SOA for the past 10 years.

Ok. I can see employees of SOA not knowing about a future Shenmue release, especially if Sega of Japan wants to keep it secret until the big reveal. And this is one game they will really want to make a lot of noise about. I just feel like they've had more than a decade of people constantly talking about Shenmue all around the internet and that's got to be good advertisement for people who haven't played the game. So if they do announce a new game those who haven't played the games will understand it's been a long time coming and probably worth checking out.

snanime wrote:Here is a very possible scenario:
Either Shenmue HD or A Shenmue Mobile App, it features all mini games from Shenmue Series. I personally don't mind but id rather much see Shenmue 3. :heart:

I really couldn't care less about a mobile game unless it's a way to get us the full sequel/remake.

Still no shenmue.com. I'm sure I'm blowing it out of proportion but I'm very hopeful because of what's happened in the last year, let alone in the past two to three months. But sometimes I wonder if it's better to just forget about a Shenmue sequel until the gaming world explodes with an announcement. And if it never happens, it never happens.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue May 27, 2014 2:55 pm

It may be the case that the previous trademark didn't cover enough. In recent years we've seen merchandise coming out, the Ryo DLC, constant mentions in the media, etc.

SEGA are probably just making a wise move by making sure it covers everything. If I remember correctly, the previous trademark only really covered Shenmue Online.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Giorgio » Tue May 27, 2014 3:32 pm

ShenSun wrote: I find it amazing how the person that left that tweet works for Sega of America. If he's asking for Shenmue from Sony, then i can only assume that SOA know nothing about the series coming back. Are they that disconnected from their Japanese office, or is this a sign that nothing is in the works?

On the first reading it didn't make any sense what I read. Now I get it and this is the reality: The guy who asked that question to Adam Boyes is "moco69" here on the Dojo, and you know his name on Facebook and on Twitter. Just because he put that on his FB profile, doesn't make him a SEGA employee... I have also put in my profile that I have attended the Kanagawa Prefectural Yokosuka High School (just like Ryo), but that doesn't mean I did... I think.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby C.. » Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Like pretty much everyone on this forum I'm fed up year by year SEGA saying absolutely nothing and Yu saying nothing, why can't they just come out with the story at least if there is no game, and let us know what happens, let's be realistic that's what we all want the most, and secondly the game. I just can't get the logic behind SEGA not even saying "well shenmue was a flop for us so we don't think we are gonna make anymore shenmue" they can't even give us a answer to our hundreds and thousands of questions. Each one of us coming to the dojo whenever we can to talk about every little wonderful thing Yu had dreamt up and thought of for this game, all the time and effort put into the game, for them not even to acknowledge its fan base. I love Shenmue. But SEGA why can't you give us an answer.
C..
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby bannabop » Tue May 27, 2014 7:17 pm

I have not posted here in years. Upon one of google search for Shenmue I came upon this news. Please, please, please mean something.
bannabop
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ShenSun » Tue May 27, 2014 7:44 pm

bannabop wrote: I have not posted here in years. Upon one of google search for Shenmue I came upon this news. Please, please, please mean something.

Welcome back.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Benwah » Tue May 27, 2014 7:56 pm

I understand everyone's optimism and hopefulness that this all means that something will happen regarding Shenmue at E3.

But, after all the let downs that the Shenmue community has suffered over the years, I just can't see anything coming from it all.

I'd even be prepared to put £10 up as a PayPal bet to say that Shenmue WILL NOT be mentioned at E3 for any of the major consoles. Mainly due to prior experience, but also due to the fact that I would gladly pay £10 for the knowledge that Shenmue is coming back.

While I know this account is new I have lurked for many years, my old account was Benwahwah, which I can't access anymore. (If anyone can help me getting access to my old account I would greatly appreciate it.)
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: ThaiBenwah
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni 2

Postby ChaiOgawa » Tue May 27, 2014 10:50 pm

*Gets excited.* *Reads all pages.* *Realizes, there's still nothing to see here.* *Retreats back into the bushes where he belongs.*

ChaiOgawa has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Himuro, MiTT3NZ, Sonikku, Supa
ChaiOgawa
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Tue May 27, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi Chai! Long time no see.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Wed May 28, 2014 12:37 am

ChaiOgawa>Shenmue 3
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby spinksy » Wed May 28, 2014 5:13 am

ChaiOgawa wrote: *Gets excited.* *Reads all pages.* *Realizes, there's still nothing to see here.* *Retreats back into the bushes where he belongs.*

I'm afraid that there maybe quite a few people retreating back to the bushes after E3 :cry:
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby Peter » Wed May 28, 2014 6:18 am

ChaiOgawa wrote: *Gets excited.* *Reads all pages.* *Realizes, there's still nothing to see here.* *Retreats back into the bushes where he belongs.*

/thread

Good to see you again old friend.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates