The Official Halo Thread

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

The most Epic of Halo's in the franchise? (Total votes: 2)

Halo Combat Evolved/Anniversary
50%
Halo 2/Anniversary
50%
Halo 3
No votes
Halo 3: ODST
No votes
Halo 4
No votes
Halo: Wars
No votes
Halo: Reach
No votes
Halo: Spartan Assualt
No votes
Halo 5: Guardians
No votes

The Official Halo Thread

Postby Brosauce » Sun May 10, 2015 6:44 am

Vote for your favourite Halo game and discuss the epic Halo series.
Last edited by Brosauce on Sun May 17, 2015 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

PSN: Playstation Network
XBL: Xbox Live
Nintendo FC: Nintendo Network
Steam: Steam ID
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Education

Re: Best Halo?

Postby OL » Sun May 10, 2015 7:41 am

Obvious reasons? What would those be exactly?
I thought the second game was pretty weak. In fact, it's the game that pretty turned me off from the series. The story was uninteresting, the Arbiter was nowhere near as fun as Master Chief to play, they nerfed the hell out of the previously fun-to-use pistol, and there were so many graphical glitches and hiccups in the Xbox version that even I was put off by them (and I'm that guy who usually spouts shit about technical qualities not mattering so much).
I played through it once and pretty much said "I don't need to play this again."

As far as which game is best in the series, I'm not in a positions to say since I've really only played the first three. But in terms of favorite, it'd easily go to Halo 1 for me, mostly for nostalgic reasons. People criticize it for repetitive levels or whatever, but I can't really say much else against it. It looked great, played great, had a cool story, and pretty much launched the trend of 2-player FPS co-op. Can't even count how many times I played through it with friends or my brother. And I'd still be up for playing through it again. Much like an old platformer or beat-em-up, simplicity works in the game's favor.
Also, playing destruction derby on Blood Gulch with the warthog jeeps never got old. Trying to flip each other to get a kill = good times.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Brosauce » Sun May 10, 2015 8:19 am

Halo 2 was groundbreaking at the time though. It's all about the multiplayer. The campaign was originally going to be twice as bigger but its kind of nostalgic to me as the music in the levels were very good. The pistol from CE was removed and I know that sucks but it came back in Halo 3 right? Halo Reach wasn't bad apart from adding jetpacks.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sun May 10, 2015 8:57 am

^even if for you it was all about the multiplayer the multiplayer is still just a fraction of the game As popular as it was. I agree with ol that the first game was a lot better in story terms and functionality. And although probably subjective I preferred halo 1's gameplay mechanics as they felt a lot more fluid than 2.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Brosauce » Sun May 10, 2015 9:53 am

So somebody out there voted for "All suck" they definitely think Halo isin't good or are anti-xbox. Whoever voted that is probably a Call of Duty faggot.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun May 10, 2015 11:23 am

Brosauce wrote: So somebody out there voted for "All suck" they definitely think Halo isin't good or are anti-xbox. Whoever voted that is probably a Call of Duty faggot.

You won't last long here with that attitude.

I voted Halo CE. The only game out of the first three that I actually enjoyed. Didn't even finish the third game.. Not played any of the series after that.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: OL
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sun May 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Ummm ODST??

And as Ryan said, you won't last long referring to people as COD faggots so nip it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Brosauce » Sun May 10, 2015 2:01 pm

ODST is so bad I wont add it. It's campaign is short
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

Postby Raithos » Sun May 10, 2015 2:02 pm

Halo CE was the best in series but I voted for Halo 2 since it consumed more of my life. SLAYER!

So because you think ODST is bad, you won't add it to a survey asking what others think is the best Halo?
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Brosauce » Sun May 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Because people would have to revote which is something that they wouldn't do.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun May 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Halo 1. Had the best local multiplayer experience ever with my brother and my friends back in the day. Sweet nostalgia for that game and still one of my favourite Xbox games ever. I'd also say that I really enjoyed playing Halo 3 with my brother against other people online a lot too. Reach was also a fun multiplayer experience. I was disappointed with Halo 2's campaign after how solid I felt 1's was. In fact, the rest of the series has never really matched up to Halo 1's campaign. The universe at the time felt like it was really fresh, despite being full of tropes and homages to sci-fi movies and fiction. I also just enjoyed the gunplay in Halo 1 the most; Halo 3 was the only one that had a similar sort of feel to the gunplay.

And damn was Halo 2 an ugly ass game. Never played the multiplayer much, since I didn't have Xbox Live back then, so I guess that's why I never grew fond of it much.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Peter » Sun May 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Brosauce wrote: ODST is so bad I wont add it. It's campaign is short

So then the poll is moot if your opinion of one of the installments of the franchise is so bad that you exclude it altogether. You are aware people have an opinion just like yourself? Some, in fact a lot including myself think ODST is up there with one of the best stories of the franchise. As well as its art direction and editing.

All Halo games have been added to the poll, so apologies to those who have voted as you will need to cast it again. If you are making a poll in the future Brosauce, make it impartial for people to express their opinions, and not have people select an option from your own selection.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Brosauce » Sun May 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Sure, Sorry.

Brosauce has received a thanks from: Peter
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

Postby Axm » Sun May 10, 2015 7:23 pm

1 had the better campaign. And even though the multiplayer is still amazing to this day, H2 did so much to improve it. H2 multiplayer was the best multiplayer experience of that generation imo. It consumed more lives of my in-person and online friends then I can count. It provided hours..nay, days of comedy, frustration, satisfaction and grew friendships out of nowhere in a time when XBL was innocent and pure. Nothing still compares to it.

Axm has received a thanks from: Flatlandaniel
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Brosauce » Tue May 12, 2015 2:02 pm

How dare anyone say that all Halo games suck?
They look amazing and require more skill despite spraying in comparison to other FPS games. FPS games don't even have the good music throughout Halo's campaign or the epic Halo Announcer in multiplayer.

I believe that you cannot say something is a bad creation when you cant even make a damn game.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to General Gaming