SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 pm

OH MY GOD!!!

UPDATES TO FOLLOW!!

link -----> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

E3 REVEAL
phpBB [video]

KICKSTARTER VIDEO
phpBB [video]

Sony definitely supporting Shenmue 3 (Adam Boyes)
phpBB [video]

Adam Boyes explains Sony's role with Shenmue 3
phpBB [video]

Yu Suzuki - Playstation E3 Experience 2015 Live Cast
phpBB [video]

GameTrailers Reaction
phpBB [video]

Ryan Payton talks Shenmue, crowdfunding and Yu Suzuki
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Shenmue 3 is the true sequel to the classic open world action RPG games, Shenmue and Shenmue 2. Created for modern platforms (PC and PlayStation 4) and built in Unreal 4, Shenmue 3 will continue the legacy of Shenmue.

With your help, we can #SaveShenmue and rejoin Ryo and our favorite characters on this new adventure!

. Shenmue 3 will have familiar elements from its predecessors and new fight mechanics to achieve a new level of interactive storytelling.

. If this project reaches its funding goal, Shenmue 3 will be available on the PS4 and PC.

. Our ambition is to deliver a Shenmue experience that will draw in newcomers to the series and reward diehard fans with its deep story and rich gameplay.

Where we left off... Ryo Hazuki has made his way to China in search of his father’s killer. There he meets a new travelling companion, Shenhua, and learns of a legend from her village that has foretold their path together.

The story continues as Ryo and Shenhua start off on a new journey that will take them farther into enemy territory, deeper into mystery, and ever closer to their destiny.

Will the mystery of the mirrors be revealed? How is Ryo’s father connected to all of this? Will Ryo track down the Chi You Men cartel and face Lan Di in a final showdown?

Since the release of Shenmue 2, now 14 years ago, I have been greeted by the passionate outpouring of dedicated fans and Shenmue community members wherever I go. They all want to know one thing: "When will Shenmue 3 be coming out?" With the advent of games using Kickstarter during these past few years, the new and now frequent demand from the fans has been, “Do a Kickstarter for Shenmue 3!”

If Shenmue 3 was going to get made, I wanted to make it with the fans. Through Kickstarter, I knew that could happen. Together, with Shenmue fans everywhere, I knew we could build the game that the series deserves.

If we do not reach our funding goal, Shenmue 3 will not go forward. I know that the goal of making Shenmue 3 with the fans, and seeing Shenmue in the hands of gamers all around the world is a lofty one. We are balancing our ambitions for a grand sequel with the pragmatic realities of developing a game of this scale. It will not be easy, but I have dreamed of making this sequel for 14 years – it is time to bring Shenmue back! And to make it come true, it will need the love and support from each and every one of you!

So please join us in making Shenmue 3 – let us grow our community and build a new, exciting Shenmue experience!

Ryo - On a journey to avenge his father.

Shenhua - Raised among the forests of China.

Lan Di - Coldblooded boss of the shadowy Chi You Men.

Niao Sun - Deadly siren of the Chi You Men.

A pioneer in gaming entertainment for over three decades, He has cemented a place in history for his visionary work. The advancements he brought about in 3D technology, open world gaming, and game play mechanics have broken and redefined genre after genre, influencing countless games since.

Shibuya Productions President & CEO Based in Monaco, Shibuya Productions produces and promotes animation, games and movies. Engaged and knowledgeable about Japanese culture, they serve as a nexus of cultural exchange to and from Japan. They are currently producing the new Astroboy TV series: Astroboy Reboot.

Takeshi Hirai is the lead programmer for the Shenmue series. In 2010 founded the independent game development studio, Neilo Inc, producing Orgarythm for the Playstation Vita and the Japanese arcade version of Left 4 Dead: Survivors.

Wrote the screenplay and game script for Shenmue. Masahiro Yoshimoto has over thirty years of experience writing for Japanese movies and TV dramas.

Shenmue’s main character design artist. After working with SEGA, Kenji Miyawaki went on to do mechanical and prop design for anime including the Bakugan series, Maken-Ki! Battling Venus and Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan: Demon Capital.[/i

[i]A prolific composer and performer, Ryuji Iuchi wrote many songs for Shenmue 1 & 2 including "Shenhua's Theme." His long list of work includes composition and arrangement for albums, movies, TV programs, concerts and events. Among his video game credits are Exstetra and Spectral Force Legacy.

Manabu Takimoto was the environment designer for the original Shenmue. He is an architect who has designed everything from office buildings to bars. His work with Shenmue helped bring the outside world into video games.

The actor playing Ryo in Shenmue 1 and 2. A star of both stage and screen, Masaya Matsukaze has also lent his voice for video games, radio, and many anime including Death Note, Fairy Tale, Gintama, and Hunter x Hunter.

Hiroaki Takeuchi is Japan’s leading producer in both traditional cel and digital animation. Worked at the publishing house SHUEISHA, Inc. producing the website which brought Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragon Ball to the world. Co-produced The Animatrix

Director, producer, and animator, Kenji Itoso already has a long career in the live film and animation industries, and has self-produced a number of animated films, including the award winning Santa Company and Coluboccoro.

Communication, media relations and Kickstarter project consultation and support.

[img]https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/003/931/554/3464b5b3a5648c1ef37f1cf15311a70f_original.jpg?v=1433561198&w=680&h=&fit=max&auto=format&q=92&s=a00496caf79b3227c796c8815c75a657
[/img]

. Yu Suzuki's thanks and praise.

. Be able to participate in surveys and vote in polls for the ideas you want to see in the game.

. Digital copy of Shenmue 3 for PC or PS4.

. Includes the $5 reward.

. Physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exclusive, backer-only case (PC only).

. Includes the $5 Reward.

. Your choice of a digital copy of the game for PC or PS4, or a physical copy for PC

. Digital copy of the trial version for PC

. Your name in the credits.

. Includes the $5 Reward.

. One of four random figures: Ryo, Shenhua, Chai or the Forklift. ( Actual figures may differ from the concept images)

. Includes the $100 Reward

. Backer-only Advanced Technique Scroll (In-game Item)

. 20 Capsule Toy Tickets (In-game Item)

. Mp3 download of the original soundtrack with unreleased tracks

. Digital artbook filled with unreleased illustrations

. Shenmue 3 T-shirt

. Includes the $120 Reward

. Printed artbook curated by Yu Suzuki

. Includes the $160 Reward

. Illustration

. Backer-only Arcane Technique Scroll (In-game Item)

. Skin-change feature for Ryo's Jacket (In-game Item)

. Physical CD soundtrack

. Includes the $175 Reward

. Illustration signed by Yu Suzuki

. Backer-only Arcane Technique Scroll (In-game Item)

. Skin-change feature for Ryo's Jacket (In-game Item)

. Physical CD soundtrack

. Includes the $175 Reward

. Get all four figures: Ryo, Shenhua, Chai and the Forklift

. Includes the $300 Reward

. The original jacket worn by Masaya Matsukaze for all of the Shenmue press events 14 years ago

. Special video message just for you by Yu Suzuki

. Named as a Special Sponsor in the credits

. Includes the $500 Reward

. Bring a friend to join a dinner party in Japan with Yu-san and the other backers of this tier. (Date will be tentatively
set for September, 2016)

. Original script set from Shenmue 1 and 2

. Named as a Special Sponsor in the credits

. Includes the $500 Reward

Blue symbols indicate a choice between a digital or a physical copy.

14 years of planning and ideas from one of the greatest game designers of all time… darn right, there are Stretch Goals! Could these Stretch Goals lead this next Shenmue to change the way we play games again? You know they can. But we can’t add Stretch Goals after the game is on shelves.

The more we can raise during this campaign, the more Shenmue 3 will come alive. Together, we can make it happen. Together, we can make a Shenmue that surpasses even the originals!

More details to come for these goals as after we reach our funding!

Risks and challenges

Risk and challenge are two words that have been with Shenmue 3 for the past 14 years. In fact, Shenmue has always been about risk and challenge. This time will be no different.

The real challenge now is to deliver a sequel that we will all be satisfied with after 14 years of waiting. After much research and planning, we set the funding goal at this level believing it will make possible a fulfilling Shenmue experience.

With regards to development of the game, we have an experienced team, deeply connected with the Shenmue franchise. With modern tools, experienced professionals, and the community of Shenmue by our sides, we have set ourselves up for success.

We will do our absolute best to deliver Shenmue 3 and the rewards by their respective deadlines. However, there is always the possibility that problems may arise which could affect reward delivery. There may end up being changes in game or reward designs. We may press right when we are supposed to press left and get hilariously head butted and kneed in the groin.

In these situations, the whole Shenmue 3 team promises to keep you updated and informed on the game development and reward delivery progress. We are all very excited, ambitious, and optimistic that we have prepared well, and are ready for the challenges that are ahead of us.

Ryo and Shenhua are not out of the woods yet, so we ask for your ongoing support.

Peter has received 5 thanks from: Giorgio, masterchan777, Mitsuzuki, rome, Supa
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: SHENMUJE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4!!

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby DeadSheep » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 pm

I came back here just to fucking die. I'm literally choked up.

DeadSheep has received a thanks from: TwiceFriedRice
DeadSheep
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:55 pm

You got to be fucking kidding me! I been in the hospital a bunch and this may send me back sooner than expected. I am dizzy. HOLY FUCK!

Bluecast has received a thanks from: lavrentis
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: SHENMUJE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER!

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:58 pm

It's happening. Kickstarter = Win.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER!

Postby urbanveteran » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:59 pm

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG never thought it would happen. feel so happy.
urbanveteran
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:00 pm

Yu is asking for $2M. Kickstarter went down with around $2k raised.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:01 pm

I cant stop crying, 10 years....

And Suzuki came out on stage.... fuck this is too much. 10 fucking years..... Its too much
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Latin King » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Holy. Shit.
Latin King
West Coast
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:03 pm

It's fake, people. I--

SOPVGJSEOPGHEGPHE890WEYGTW89GFWEIFHAOVIEOIABVUIASKVBASKIVAHEGOWEHGOQWHG WEIOHT WEOIRTHWEGBASEGUKHW UIOGTWHFOGIHAWEGOIWH IOWEHGIOWEHGWIOEHGOW49TUW4OTHY WO8GTH WOITHWOSOGJERIOJERIORJGERYTE8T48T4Y8TW4YT84THY W248OT4HWTW4HTW4 TW4TW4HGTWOMFSDN ROERBN SDRNO DOPHDJPHD9WENHWOYHWEOG WE9GT HJSGI SGHJIOI SOGHI WEHJIOGTERHIBGT ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*B&*P*&&*B&*(B&*(!&*!&*!*&!&*!&*!&*!&*

Well, that was certainly unexpected :shock:

This is my second out-of-body experience of the fucking day!

DIG DEEP, EVERYONE, OR I'LL SEND DOU NIU OVER TO YOUR HOUSE!

P.S. - I love you all :D
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:04 pm

The Dojo and community has changed forever

Peter has received 2 thanks from: goaliefrk, Supa
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby shendude » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:05 pm

I need the Kickstarter link! Please! This is an amazing day
shendude
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Thief » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:05 pm

I was drinking at a buddy's house watching the stream... and instantly sober. Fucking Shenmue 3 announcement? WTF?! I don't even know what to think right now. This is amazing.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Don't give up guys! This is our last chance! Let's make it happen!
Glorious_Basterd
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 pm

2 Million will be reached in no time. I guess it will easily make double of that if not 10 Million.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III