The Game Of Thrones TV topic

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The Game Of Thrones TV topic

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:59 am

Soniku,
This all good and dandy but it's not acceptable storytelling. The world of game of thrones is only interesting as its characters. Is there a point to be made with Jon's death? After being shown he'd grow to be a formidable commander of an human army against the White walkers, having been given the most powerful weapon against them (it has even a name and history behind it) and faithful loyal companions including a giant wolf, I'd expect a major plot development after so much buildup but no... It's all puff.. all back to zero so we can now focus on a different set of characters .. until they die of course... And reset.

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Thief
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Thief » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:11 am

^ it's a formula that works while the show is running -- since there's always something exciting going on -- but it's ultimately going to lead to a pretty poor conclusion, I'd guess.

Thief has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:20 am

I'm still having a bit of hope that the next episode will prove me wrong, as Melisandre is in the camp. Otherwise is adios for me. Not interested in tv series that look more like Mexican soap operas (at least in those I know the protagonists get a full story arch and respective resolution).
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bambi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:27 pm

One thing I love about GoT is the feeling of being on edge whenever a character I like is in danger. I don't get the same level of anxiety watching most shows because I know the characters aren't in any real danger, nobody is safe in GoT.

Bambi has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:31 pm

ive been offered to be an extra twice and ive turned it down due to the strict schedule. Its crazy watching it that ive been to a lot of the locations loads of times.

Peter has received a thanks from: Joe Pesci
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Still in shock and denial about Jon Snow ;_;

Miles Prower has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Miles Prower wrote: Still in shock and denial about Jon Snow ;_;

I KNOW. He was SO cute and he's like the most likable character in the whole show! But he was so focused on the big picture that he lost sight of the small picture. One wonders how the night's watch expect to hold the wall with just 50 men, but then again the murders weren't present for the wildling recruitment expedition when the whitewalkers attacked. Throw in old grudges and human nature and I guess I could see why forward thinking could be thrown to the wind. I suppose now everything hinges on Dany. God I hate dany. -_-

I still hold out hope that the red bitch will rez Snow somehow. She clearly had the hots for him and Stannis clearly isn't the lord of light she thought he was.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:51 pm

No way Jon Snow doesn't come back.........Come on Jon
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:47 am

Sonikku wrote:
Miles Prower wrote: Still in shock and denial about Jon Snow ;_;

I KNOW. He was SO cute and he's like the most likable character in the whole show! But he was so focused on the big picture that he lost sight of the small picture. One wonders how the night's watch expect to hold the wall with just 50 men, but then again the murders weren't present for the wildling recruitment expedition when the whitewalkers attacked. Throw in old grudges and human nature and I guess I could see why forward thinking could be thrown to the wind. I suppose now everything hinges on Dany. God I hate dany. -_-

I still hold out hope that the red bitch will rez Snow somehow. She clearly had the hots for him and Stannis clearly isn't the lord of light she thought he was.

Yeah, everyone seems to be theorising she'll bring him back...although if Kit Harington has confirmed he's not back next year, maybe it will be in a different body, or something crazy like that? Hmm...
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Miles Prower
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Locke_cole » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:12 pm

too soon lol

Locke_cole has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:33 pm

I'm rewatching season one. Understand it a lot more than the first time around.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: I'm rewatching season one. Understand it a lot more than the first time around.

I keep meaning to watch the first season again (partly because I simply don't remember how certain characters interacted with one another before everyone split off!), maybe I should do that before Season 6...
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Miles Prower wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote: I'm rewatching season one. Understand it a lot more than the first time around.

I keep meaning to watch the first season again (partly because I simply don't remember how certain characters interacted with one another before everyone split off!), maybe I should do that before Season 6...

Beware Tyrion's hair! :shock:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Locke_cole » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Sonikku wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:

Beware Tyrion's hair! :shock:

Dat Lannister Gold
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic