Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby Steenkoud » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:50 am

This is great news! donated 30$ that i shouldn't have spend.
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby yesteryeargames » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:09 am

Last edited by yesteryeargames on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
yesteryeargames
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Splatoon

Postby yesteryeargames » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:11 am

Double post sorry ..
Last edited by yesteryeargames on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
yesteryeargames

Postby yesteryeargames » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:12 am

That GT reaction was me 3 am in the morning ,

I would love to see them add a ps4 disc release , even if in limited numbers like the retro City rampage game .
Surely 1+2 hd will be coming in the lead up to this ?

Backed $300 but I want the ps4 version will I have to buy another backing to get the digital of that for $29? Or will it come with the collectors signed set ?
Exciting times :)
yesteryeargames

Postby redline » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:13 am

holy shit. its fucking happening.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby kevout » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:27 am

Hi. I'm from Germany so I just woke up. I just wanted to tell you that I had to make a new account because I couldn't rembember my original one...oh, and I cried because of joy...

How often have I dreamed of playing Shenmue 3...no, really, I literally dreamed I would play Shenmue 3! And let me tell you something: it was awesome! And now my/our dream comes true!! just wow.....

Have a great day!!! :)

kevout has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
kevout
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue E3 Discussion

Postby Kenny » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:39 am

Peter wrote: I am not giving Shenmue 3 a single moment of time at this point. It's sole hype for Shenmue HD, and if the stars align, a simultaneous release of Shenmue II HD.

I guess the stars exploded into a supernova and just jumped to III.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby alexironaek » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:44 am

question. considering shenmue one cost more than 70 mil , Would 2 mil. be significant for what we want shenmue 3 to be? (not graphic wise of course) ,
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby redline » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:51 am

someone needs to tell Suzuki to make S3 with japanese voices actors with english subs!

still cant believe after all this time, its happening & its real. :-o
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:53 am

That's all dependent on what the original budget was used on. Research, investments in new technology, the time it took to do either one, ect.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Chaikilla » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:54 am

Any other time I'd feel like ashamed for nearly crying like a bitch but I'll make an exception for this time. I'm so damn happy U_u it feels like a dream.
Chaikilla

Postby lavrentis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:00 am

I've not closed my

Woo-hoo!
You are now an official backer of Shenmue 3.

screen
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:03 am

alexironaek wrote: question. considering shenmue one cost more than 70 mil , Would 2 mil. be significant for what we want shenmue 3 to be? (not graphic wise of course) ,

Actually the Kicktarter goal is about 10% of the money needed to create the game (taking as example the recently funded Bloodstained). The campaign is ultimately used to show interest from the public to the actual investors. Fans are being shown a budget that doesn't line up with the reality of game development, and it's skewing the public perception of what a game actually costs. So the thing is, this game is expensive and the more successful this campaign becomes, more money will be thrown on the production of the game by its investors (Ysnet and Sega(?))
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Taren Fox » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:06 am

sand4fish wrote:
alexironaek wrote: question. considering shenmue one cost more than 70 mil , Would 2 mil. be significant for what we want shenmue 3 to be? (not graphic wise of course) ,

Actually the Kicktarter goal is about 10% of the money needed to create the game (taking as example the recently funded Bloodstained). The campaign is ultimately used to show interest from the public to the actual investors. Fans are being shown a budget that doesn't line up with the reality of game development, and it's skewing the public perception of what a game actually costs. So the thing is, this game is expensive and the more successful this campaign becomes, more money will be thrown on the production of the game by its investors (Ysnet and Sega(?))

Sony will probably footing the bill.

Shenmue - SEGA Dreamcast
Shenmue II - Microsoft Xbox
Shenmue III - Sony PS4

Now only if Shenmue IV came out on a Nintendo console, we'd come full circle.
Taren Fox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby hwarangwarrior » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:10 am

$2 million is likely not enough to make Shenmue 3. Why do a lot of people on here assume that just because they have a $2 million goal through the kickstarter, that that's all they plan to put into it? C'mon guys, it's Shenmue we're talking about here! Yu Suzuki and his partners/sponsors obviously plan on spending a lot more than that! I think the $2 million is just a way for them to test the waters and make sure that there's a strong enough fan support base to ensure that making Shenmue 3 will be worthwhile. Obviously, almost meeting the $2 million goal in under 24 hours says it all! But that $2 million or more that the kickstarter generates will likely go a long way to help fund the game and possibly convince them to add more features or even possibly release a remake of the first two games!

On a completely different note, I couldn't help but wonder what Microsoft is likely thinking right now! I'm a huge Xbox fan, but I'll admit they made a huge error in judgement by publicly announcing awhile back that they have zero interest in the Shenmue franchise. I bet those clowns are having second thoughts now, seeing as how Shenmue 3 is breaking a record on kickstarter! Well, it's their loss! Me, along with many other Shenmue fans plan on buying a brand new PC or PS4 just to play Shenmue 3! They dissed my favorite video game franchise of all time, which is just another reason why I don't plan on buying an Xbox One! Idiots!
Last edited by hwarangwarrior on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hwarangwarrior
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates