SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Postby Testament » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:33 am

I've been silently checking this website every single weekend for some kind of update. News, rumors, anything. All that's gotten me is a decade of disappointments.

I'm fuckin' stunned, honestly.
Testament
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:42 am

It's past 2 Mil and still climbing. Incredible.

When I logged into the site today I was momentarily confused when I didn't see the "Future of Shenmue" section I was looking for. It's been renamed to Shenmue III. So surreal!
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Damage87 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:09 am

I've been checking in at the dojo from time to time just to get the newest updates and rumors about the future of Shenmue. THIS has always been the go-to-place for so long but I haven't registered until now.
I fell inlove with Shenmue back in the Dreamcast era and have always longed for a third and continuing chapter in the franchise.
So I watched E3 last night - expecting nothing really but all of a sudden had to ask myself if I was dreaming.
The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII-remake and then - BOOM - Shenmue kickstarter.
What I really want to say is that this would not have happened if it wasn't for you guys at the dojo and the rest of all the hard core Shenmue-fans out there! You guys played a big part of this dream FINALLY becoming reality.
You guys are awesome - thank you for believing.

Oh and I donated money. :D
Damage87
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Robin_N
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Fenix » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:56 am

I'll never forget how happened everything.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:05 am

Congratulations, everyone! :D :D :D
We all did it together! =D> =D> =D>

Kiyuu has received 6 thanks from: Giorgio, Himuro, Lan Di-sama, MiTT3NZ, OL, Samanosuke Akechi
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:05 am

Im not bawling my eyes out, but just home catching up on videos, reading possibly up to 100 news articles around the world, and tears are coming down my cheek again. This isnt HD remakes, this is the motherload Shenmue 3... Shenmue III... SHENMUE THREE! :cry:

KIYUU! Has the news hit the Japanese press yet? Is there any excitement like there is in this part of the world? :D
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:18 am

I was on the bus to work this morning, exhausted from having stayed up too late, when it really hit me and my eyes started to water. It was literally half my lifetime ago that I played these games for the first time. While I must admit that Shenmue isn't as important to me now as it was then, I really needed reminded that there once was 13 year old boy that was truly nurtured by these games and that he is still alive and well and curious and will never lose his appreciation for innovation, art, music, and storytelling - all of which were encompassed so wondefully by this series! I haven't been able to play the games with much interest in the past couple of years - something I've thought about as recent as this week - but after an announcement, I think my Friday night is going to be spent with Ryo and Shenhua.

Side note: I, for one, am also excited that the next time Yu Suzuki is asked to do an interview that the interviewer will now have to come up with a better question than "Will Shenmue 3 happen?" - because I have about a million for him that I'd love to see answered over the next couple of years
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby JaySw34 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:26 am

I'm back. Logging in for the first time in 4 years. Watched the press conference live. Almost fainted. Pledged 300. Fuck yea

JaySw34 has received a thanks from: Birty
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:28 am

I'm still working on logistics to do my donation and the game is already funded :shock:
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Birty » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:28 am

After about 10 and a half hours since finding out. It's finally sinking in, I have the Shenmue theme blasting in my house and I'M FUCKING LOVING IT. GOOSEBUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby Axm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:29 am

Hey everyone looks like YS net is busy hiring more people for the project. My Japanese wife found this.
http://neilo.co.jp/news/643
No specific positions listed. Just a general opening and application to fill out.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Birty, MiTT3NZ
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Cyclonus » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:30 am

This feels like some kind of surreal journey back in time to being a 14 year old or something. An alternate reality where Shenmue just carried on as if it was always going to, as opposed to the nearly 10 year absence. Probably even longer, I'm a bit hazy on the details.
Cyclonus
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:49 am

I...I...life is beautiful

I actually did watch Sony's conference despite being away and just had a feeling that I cannot explain. Like it would be worth staying up until 3 fucking AM and it was. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah! I was shattered and so tired too. I was so tired that I honestly dozed off afterwards and woke up today thinking "ahhh, what a nice dream - FF7 remake and Last Guardian followed by my most wanted game ever Shenmue 3. BUT IT IS REAL AND THIS REALITY IF IT IS NOT PLEASE DO NOT EVER WAKE ME UP! Have I gone to heaven? This is unreal.

=D> \:D/ =P~ :king:

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: Birty, Giorgio, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Birty » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:50 am

Henry Spencer wrote: I...I...life is beautiful

I actually did watch Sony's conference despite being away and just had a feeling that I cannot explain. Like it would be worth staying up until 3 fucking AM and it was. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah! I was shattered and so tired too. I was so tired that I honestly dozed off afterwards and woke up today thinking "ahhh, what a nice dream - FF7 remake and Last Guardian followed by my most wanted game ever Shenmue 3. BUT IT IS REAL AND THIS REALITY IF IT IS NOT PLEASE DO NOT EVER WAKE ME UP! Have I gone to heaven? This is unreal.

=D> \:D/ =P~ :king:

Hello again mate, and yes, it is real. :D
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:54 am

phpBB [video]

Which one of you did this? xD
killthesagabeforeitkillsu