SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Postby Hadoken Hazuki » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:11 am

Imagine if Shenmue III actually got the kind of backing that would give it AAA production values like its predecessors! I don't think an open-world game of the previous games' magnitude could be replicated on an indie-game budget.

But considering that this game is a digital only release (for console), then a bigger budget seems unlikely. C'mon, at least give a PS4 retail release as a stretch goal! It can be achieved! :-o
Hadoken Hazuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Lando » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:21 am

This is our Revenge on all the damn haters! Finally! The game get's the credit and the place in the light weher it has always belonged!
Lando
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:30 am

I honestly cant wait until GameTrailers begin their stream in a little bit. Its gonna be off the page! I can already imagine Hubers beaming smile!!!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Birty » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:33 am

Peter wrote: I honestly cant wait until GameTrailers begin their stream in a little bit. Its gonna be off the page! I can already imagine Hubers beaming smile!!!

What time is it on mate? Is it today?
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:38 am

Yea bud. 4PM GMT for the Nintendo pre show, but i garuntee they talk about Sony more. They have OWNED E3. Its where all the chat will be

Peter has received a thanks from: Birty
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Birty » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:39 am

Peter wrote: Yea bud. 4PM GMT for the Nintendo pre show, but i garuntee they talk about Sony more. They have OWNED E3. Its where all the chat will be

I really think Microsoft have dropped the ball on this opportunity. Sony have won E3 hands down with this and others, and even though I have an Xbox One, the Shenmue announcement had literally sold a PS4 to me, as I'm sure it will to other people.
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby Legasafe » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:54 am

I can't even... $500 down and it still doesn't feel like enough.
Legasafe
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:57 am

GT Time is about to start!!! Oh man, the Shenmue chat better be immense! Fuck Nintendo, there is absolutely NOTHING Reggie, Shiggsy or ANYONE can do to even bat an eyelid after the megaton yesterday.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby jkd » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:58 am

I have been a fan for a loooonnnggg time 14 years old. Now i am 28 years. I remember it like yesterday, a friend recommending me a game called shenmue, i looked at the cover and thought nothing of it. Popped it in my dreamcast and was blown away and hooked. And actually inspired me to study martial arts.

I have been a lurker, and would frequently check this site every year, hoping for announcement. Finally, us fans can rejoice and celebrate, this is what life is all about, never giving up or loosing hope in your dreams, eventually you will get what you want. I literally couldn't sleep last night that's how happy i was.

I can't believe a game has made me act this way.

I contributed 100 and will try to give more, thanks to this site, and all the fans who have kept shenmue alive. =D>
jkd
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: witcher 3

Postby skate hunter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:00 am

I last posted on these forums 7 years ago...ha. And joined when I was like 13 back in 2003. This feels so crazy...
skate hunter

Postby rensbandanna » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:15 am

I have just signed up after lurking on this site for over a decade, checking maybe 5 times a year for a nugget of news, for ANYTHING.

I had a feeling last night when my alarm woke me up at 2am GMT to watch Sony's press conference that something would shock me - The Last Guardian did that. I expected little more.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! GENUINELY. WHAT?!

Anyway, I just had to type that, this game means so much to me. I was 13 when Shenmue released in the UK, I am now 28 and both games had a profound effect on me that remains to this day. Both games remain on my shelf in our third bedroom (which is effectively my shrine to gaming) and get an affectionate glance every now and then, with little hope of anything else. Fifteen long years have passed taking me from a child to a man, and here we are.

I am so happy, I cannot even type my feelings (I have tried). I have considered signing up for this site many times, but saw little point as it just seemed a way of dragging out the depression - but no more!

Great to make your acquaintance, I'm Luke and I am frankly amazed right now.
rensbandanna
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: pluginbaby

Postby Luke_09 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:16 am

Hadoken Hazuki wrote: Imagine if Shenmue III actually got the kind of backing that would give it AAA production values like its predecessors! I don't think an open-world game of the previous games' magnitude could be replicated on an indie-game budget.

But considering that this game is a digital only release (for console), then a bigger budget seems unlikely. C'mon, at least give a PS4 retail release as a stretch goal! It can be achieved! :-o

That's a very interesting point and something I have been thinking about...

However, for Sony to actually mention it and use up time during their E3 conference, do you not think they will also be contributing some funding towards the game?

I doubt it will purely be funded by fans alone, surely not?

My gut instinct was that Sony probably had an agreement with Yu Suzuki that they would only help fund the game if the $2 million KickStarter goal was achieved (almost as a measuring-stick to gauge the popularity / demand of such a game before their commit money towards it).... What do you think? I'm hoping it's not going to be solely fan-funded.

Luke_09 has received a thanks from: JaySw34
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby JaySw34 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:18 am

Quick question in light of the events of the last 14 hours.. That screen shot that leaked weeks ago, with the Jacket and the 3 leaves that alluded to Shenmue 3, was that definitely fake?
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Shenmuedabest » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:39 am

JaySw34 wrote: Quick question in light of the events of the last 14 hours.. That screen shot that leaked weeks ago, with the Jacket and the 3 leaves that alluded to Shenmue 3, was that definitely fake?

Yes. It had Square-Enix on it.

Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Yukupo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:45 am

Second day after the announcement. Still so excited. :shock:

Yukupo has received a thanks from: Peter
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"