Will III have arcade games?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Will III have arcade games?

Postby Himuro » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:44 am

Since YSNet is making the game, does Yu even have the rights use the old sega games? I'd like the old Hang On, Space Harrier, Afterburner II, Outrun, but I also want Virtua Fighter 1 and 2 with online play to simulate playing someone in the arcade.

If they can't get access to Sega games will they make their own?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Re: Will III have arcade games?

Postby Brian SII DC vs Xbox » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:52 am

If they do make their own, they can make the graphics look like the year the game's set in. Plus it'll be games like a shooting game, jumping, racing etc. Hopefully they keep the QTE arcade games too.
Brian SII DC vs Xbox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby JaySw34 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:54 am

Yes I'm sure if they can't put in Sega games they can at least make their own sort of mini games and collectable toy capsules that are not Sega themed. As far as arcades go just give me my QTE title
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:38 pm

A floating sword's one thing, but an arcade machine in nowheresville, China powered by a windmill? C'mon pal...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Himuro » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:14 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: A floating sword's one thing, but an arcade machine in nowheresville, China powered by a windmill? C'mon pal...

What makes you think Shenmue III will just be in the Chinese countryside? We don't know anything about it.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:18 pm

Um, yes we do.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby RoboBonanza » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Turbo OutRun and Power Drift would be my guesses, in addition to all the Yu Suzuki arcade classics in 1 and 2.

Turbo OutRun has never had an arcade-perfect home port so that would be a welcome bonus! :)
RoboBonanza
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby OL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:11 pm

Himuro wrote:What makes you think Shenmue III will just be in the Chinese countryside? We don't know anything about it.

Granted, it says "stretch goals," but this is what we know of the settings. And if these are the stretch goals, it's a damn safe bet it's all taking place in the Chinese countryside.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:16 pm

The arcade machine could be made out of firefiles and tree pedals for all I care.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:17 pm

OL wrote:
Himuro wrote:What makes you think Shenmue III will just be in the Chinese countryside? We don't know anything about it.

Granted, it says "stretch goals," but this is what we know of the settings. And if these are the stretch goals, it's a damn safe bet it's all taking place in the Chinese countryside.

True, but the Bailu village thing is for an expanded Bailu. Who knows.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Arcade games? Probably not. Back in the Dreamcast days it was a cool thing but SEGA would rather sell the games on PSN/XBL/iOS then pack them in with Shenmue III. You could play NES games in the Gamecube Animal Crossing but they pulled that out of future game when the virtual console became a thing.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Thief » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:28 pm

They should put in the saturn version of Shenmue :P
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Centrale » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:31 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Arcade games? Probably not. Back in the Dreamcast days it was a cool thing but SEGA would rather sell the games on PSN/XBL/iOS then pack them in with Shenmue III. You could play NES games in the Gamecube Animal Crossing but they pulled that out of future game when the virtual console became a thing.

On the other hand, Yakuza Zero, set in 1988, has Out Run, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone and Super Hang On. I think the setting is more of an issue... are these even going to be places that would have an arcade? Admittedly, they did take liberties before with Ryo having a Sega Saturn. The Hong Kong locations in S2 had arcades of course, but Hong Kong is quite a bit different than the rest of China, especially in the 80s.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue III