Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby LikeZoinksYo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:51 pm

SheepheadCG wrote:
LikeZoinksYo wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
mue 26 wrote: 4 Million was only to fully realise the first area though wasn't it? The video seemed to suggest that if we want all three areas we will have to go far beyond the 4 million mark.

well if that's true (and re watching the video it seems that way) I highly doubt we will get all the areas. The best we can hope for is it doesn't slow down from its current pace which would put you at around 9 - 10 million. But I don't see how it can maintain 10k an hour like it is right now.

Personally from what I've seen in previous kick starters the best we are gonna get is around 5-6 million in my opinion.

That''s sort of exactly why I wish they would show the other Stretch Goals lol. A truly impressive feature could really invigorate the cause.

I've been saying this since day 1. People think that 4.5 Million is the end of the campaign, when its really not. The video shows the other 2 locations with ?Million and we NEED to get them. We want Yu to make the game he has always wanted to, not a cut down version. The only way people will realise this, is if the kickstarter release the other stretch goals soon. I fear that they are going to wait until the 4.5 Million is backed and then drop the bomb that there are more lol I think that we should all use the ask a question button on the kickstarter and ask them if they can make it a lot clearer that 4.5 Million is not the end. What you guys think?

Lol I actually was just doing this as you posted :rotflmao:

Shenmue 3

by Ys Net
Amount: $310
Reward: SIGNED KICKSTARTER COLLECTOR'S EDITION A must have for the Shenmue fan. Get an illustration signed by Yu Suzuki. Don't miss your opportunity to get Yu's autograph! + A backer-only Arcane Technique Scroll + A Skin-change feature for Ryo's Jacket + The physical CD soundtrack. Includes the $175 Reward.

Brandon Smith
Brandon Smith
Jun 17 2015

Is there any way we could get clarification on Stretch Goals that exceed the current 4 million mark? While the Kickstarter does indeed appear to be on track to reach it, I do fear that the eventual slowing down could cause us to miss out on important features that could otherwise invigorate the community to back even more funding. It would also give those of us whom are spreading the word of this amazing project to forums, news articles, twitch streams and the like more talking points to pull in new blood to our beloved game, thank you. :)

LikeZoinksYo has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
LikeZoinksYo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Smeghead » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:03 pm

I really really wish I watched this live. I set my alarm and everything, and then when it went off I just went straight back to sleep ](*,) . I know for a fact that as soon as I would've heard the music I would've burst into tears. I still get teary eyed now, even after watching the announcement over and over again.
Smeghead
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LikeZoinksYo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Smeghead wrote: I really really wish I watched this live. I set my alarm and everything, and then when it went off I just went straight back to sleep ](*,) . I know for a fact that as soon as I would've heard the music I would've burst into tears. I still get teary eyed now, even after watching the announcement over and over again.

There was one gentleman in the crowd that essentially summed up how I feel the entire Shenmue community felt lol. Arms in the air, and looking to be on the verge of tears :lol:

LikeZoinksYo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:37 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: People think that 4.5 Million is the end of the campaign, when its really not. The video shows the other 2 locations with ?Million and we NEED to get them. We want Yu to make the game he has always wanted to, not a cut down version.

See, the Kickstarter was to make a point. That's all. Sony doesn't need our money for one game. They have deep enough pockets to fund the game if they see it's beneficial for the company. The Kickstarter was more successful than any of us could have hoped as far as getting Sony's attention. So the idea of hitting Kickstarter goals to attain the next level in the game is stupid. Sony is now fully awake to our desires. Just make the game.

I also expect a big push at the end. I didn't bite until today because I wanted to really think about what level reward I wanted. Once people see the end they'll make the purchase to ensure they get their fan merch. Also, a lot of people who live paycheck-to-paycheck can't drop $200 in a day's notice. This will give them a month to save up. I agree with the $5-6 million by the end. If they release more stretch goals I think that will also increase the amount past the $5-6 million. But again, that's stupid.

I also think they should add more reward tiers past $500. I certainly can't afford it, but I know others would love to spend $1,000+ if the rewards are...rewarding.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: DreamcastPast
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Guys n gals.....
SHENMUE 3 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :D
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby lavrentis » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Anyone think they should scrap Shenmue III and just do Shenmue City again?
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:52 pm

To be honest that shamoo game seems like a yakuza ripoff
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:58 pm

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/17/879501 ... n-a-budget

Check this link out, an interview with Yu about how he is planning on making the game, and the games budget.
"Suzuki said he conceptualized the game in such a way that it’s scalable to different budgets. At the lower end of the spectrum, the game will focus more on its story, and at the upper end it will incorporate more open world elements."

We really need to get the 3 locations funded. As I have said so many times now 4.5 Million IS NOT the end goal, there are more to come.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby MJC The Great » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:01 pm

My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I heard, I'm feeling ill in a good kind of way at the moment haha! Wooooo! :D :D :D
MJC The Great
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Just Cause 2

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:38 pm

It's important to be reasonable and even keeled when emotions run high. It's safe to say that the S3 kickstarter will surpass 20 million dollars.
Wude-Tang Clan

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Asakim » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:47 pm

The way I hope Sony's deal with them works is that whatever the kickstarter ends on gets a 0 added to it. So if they end on 4,000,000 i hope Sony turns that into 40,000,000.
Asakim
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Emperor_Virgil
Currently playing: Tactics Ogre

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:47 pm

Just going to carry over my post from another thread, but I feel like there is something a lot of people are missing about the kickstarter and its stretch goals.

One of the biggest misconception that I have read on here, Reddit and Neogaf over 100 times now is in relation to the 4.5 Million Stretch Goal. Everyone keeps posting that 4.5 Million is the last Stretch Goal that we need to meet to allow Yu to make the game he wants, however this is 100% Incorrect. If you watch the video on the kickstarter page, you will see that Yu wants to visit 3 locations during Shenmue 3. The first is Baisha, then Choubu and finally Bailu Village.
The first, Baisha, will be unlocked at 4 Million, whereas the other 2 will be future stretch goals, that are NOT listed on the kickstarter page as yet, but are listed as "? Million" on the video.
As this has been super unclear on the Kickstarter page, and as it is a huge misconception, I have messaged YsNet via KS, to see if they are willing to make this info a lot more clear to the backers.
Please help spread the word around as we desperately want the to hit these goals, and unlock all the locations!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby redline » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:49 pm

sand4fish wrote:
elmatto wrote: So what's the 'rapport system'? Is that like a relationship system with other characters or something?

No exact details were given, but it seems that way.

i think the "rapport system" could be what Yu Suzzuki was talking about a while ago and wanted to do. its where the characters personality's in Shenmue3 change depending on how you interact with them & choices you make.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:53 pm

So where are these on the map below? How far should this progress the story?

elfshadowreaper has received 2 thanks from: lavrentis, redline
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenmuehua » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:54 pm

redline wrote:
sand4fish wrote:
elmatto wrote: So what's the 'rapport system'? Is that like a relationship system with other characters or something?

No exact details were given, but it seems that way.

i think the "rapport system" could be what Yu Suzzuki was talking about a while ago and wanted to do. its where the characters personality's in Shenmue3 change depending on how you interact with them & choices you make.

You think of something like Mass effect?

By the way, I don t know if you know but the first interview of Yu Suzuki in French will be updated with english subtitles soon.
Last edited by Shenmuehua on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenmuehua has received a thanks from: redline
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates