Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

Postby Bambi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:56 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: In the hands of people who actually know what they're doing, this Kickstarter could've been a hell of a lot more successful.

I agree but all things considered it's gone incredibly well.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Thief wrote: Please tell me that Choubu and Bailu Village are actually in the game and the stretch goals are only for expansion stuff.

Would appear so. I believe anything in the Kickstarter is stuff that won't be covered by outsider/Sony funding. Extra stuff basically, to make the game more padded out.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:12 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: In the hands of people who actually know what they're doing, this Kickstarter could've been a hell of a lot more successful.

The whole process reeks of being very amateur. It's E3 week so we should see Yu on every livestream and doing interviews with every media outlet. All we've seen of him is on Playstation's official livestream and an interview with some French guy. It seems to have done this well on being Shenmue alone and these so called Kickstarter experts haven't done much.

When Bloodstained and the Banjo type game got announced on Kickstarter they had interviews going live the minute the Kickstarter went up.

Riku Rose has received 4 thanks from: Himuro, lavrentis, masterchan777, shredingskin
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ThomasMackenzie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Wow. It has been a good number of years since I last post - I bet you guys are getting all the oldies coming out of the word work.

I too think this is a little amateur. The public need to know what these stretch goals actually mean. I am a little peeved that they got added to. I mean it is great that Yu has all these ideas, but what other 'extras' are we missing out on currently?

Other than that - I can't wait ;)
ThomasMackenzie
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Luke_09 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:39 pm

I do feel that they really need to promote this KickStarter more. Really get the word out there!

Does anyone know how this KickStarter works? If we do not achieve the stated 'Stretch Goals', does it mean that those features will definitely 100% NOT make it into the game?!

It needs to be made more clear to be honest, as others on here are saying.
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby combat_rock » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Himuro wrote: Yu, you NEED to expound upon this stuff!

At this point I wouldn't be surprised by a "tighten up the graphics on level three" stretch goal.
combat_rock

Postby ThomasMackenzie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Luke_09 wrote: I do feel that they really need to promote this KickStarter more. Really get the word out there!

Does anyone know how this KickStarter works? If we do not achieve the stated 'Stretch Goals', does it mean that those features will definitely 100% NOT make it into the game?!

It needs to be made more clear to be honest, as others on here are saying.

Stretch goals are at the discretion of the kickstarter owner. The only time something definitely doesn't get backed is if the project itself doesn't meet its goal. Yu could just turn round at the end and say don't worry we will include all - but that could cause some issues obviously.

A lot of trust is needed when using Kickstarter.
ThomasMackenzie

Postby Wanderin' » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:11 pm

Hmm...yes, these goals do seem to be quite vague and their attempts at trying to hype/publicize the Kickstarter fairly amateur.

Then again, whoever it is that is actually updating this Kickstarter in English does seem to be fairly forthcoming in terms of trying to clarify FAQ questions (ie. there will be no physical PS4 copy for now, YsNet doesn't own usage of Shenmue 1 and 2 for HD releases, etc.).

As a result, please feel free and DO ask/submit questions to the Kickstarter contact and comment sections. In particular, it 's perfectly justified to ask them to clarify what the stretch goals actually mean so that we actually know what we are backing/paying for. Moreover, yes, it would also help to know what is actually going to be included in the game at the most basic level (what towns/cities? will there even be a fighting mechanic/'battle event' outside of stretch goals?).

I've stayed pretty neutral about the whole thing so far, but now it kinda of irks me that it isn't at all clear what the extent of Sony's assistance will be for Shenmue 3. I mean, c'mon. An extra 1 to 3 million dollars for infiltration missions, additional quests, and character perspective systems? These stretch goals sound like core features that should be included to make the game as much a true Shenmue experience as possible.

Especially the 'character perspective system'. If it means what I think it means - being able to view and manipulate the game environment from the first person perspective of Ryo (a key feature that was fundamental to player immersion in both Shenmue 1 and 2) - then either Yu better start being more clear about what this project will actually include and/or we better start doing whatever we can through social media and continued campaigning to ensure the Kickstarter accrues like 10 million dollars plus by the end of the remaining 30 days.
Wanderin'
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Luke_09 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:16 pm

Wanderin' wrote: Hmm...yes, these goals do seem to be quite vague and their attempts at trying to hype/publicize the Kickstarter fairly amateur.

Then again, whoever it is that is actually updating this Kickstarter in English does seem to be fairly forthcoming in terms of trying to clarify FAQ questions (ie. there will be no physical PS4 copy for now, YsNet doesn't own usage of Shenmue 1 and 2 for HD releases, etc.).

As a result, please feel free and DO ask/submit questions to the Kickstarter contact and comment sections. In particular, it 's perfectly justified to ask them to clarify what the stretch goals actually mean so that we actually know what we are backing/paying for. Moreover, yes, it would also help to know what is actually going to be included in the game at the most basic level (what towns/cities? will there even be a fighting mechanic/'battle event' outside of stretch goals?).

I've stayed pretty neutral about the whole thing so far, but now it kinda of irks me that it isn't at all clear what the extent of Sony's assistance will be for Shenmue 3. I mean, c'mon. An extra 1 to 3 million dollars for infiltration missions, additional quests, and character perspective systems? These stretch goals sound like core features that should be included to make the game as much a true Shenmue experience as possible.

Especially the 'character perspective system'. If it means what I think it means - being able to view and manipulate the game environment from the first person perspective of Ryo (a key feature that was fundamental to player immersion in both Shenmue 1 and 2) - then either Yu better start being more clear about what this project will actually include and/or we better start doing whatever we can through social media and continued campaigning to ensure the Kickstarter accrues like 10 million dollars plus by the end of the remaining 30 days.

That's a very good point and something that I was actually going to mention too!

As you said, the Shenmue III KickStarter page allows you to submit questions for their FAQ.
I think it would be really useful for us fans to make use of that ability to ask questions and to query things. You never know, some of this info might get fed back to Yu Suzuki himself!
I've already asked a couple of questions.

I also agree with you, what does worry me is that a fair amount of these 'Stretch Goals' do appear to be fairly fundamental core-aspects to the game that should be in their as a bare-minimum!

As you quite rightly said, that's why we all have a role to play on here to promote this KickStarter and get it the publicity it needs.
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:20 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
Thief wrote: Please tell me that Choubu and Bailu Village are actually in the game and the stretch goals are only for expansion stuff.

Would appear so. I believe anything in the Kickstarter is stuff that won't be covered by outsider/Sony funding. Extra stuff basically, to make the game more padded out.

OMG. We NEED to get this to 6 million then.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:20 pm

They should have hired the team behind the bloodstained kickstarter. That campaign was really well thought out. Their stretch goal section was a castle with levels and all (and with explanations of what each goal was all about).
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:21 pm

To be honest other kickstarters with the ammount of backing that got the first two days would have at least made a drawing saying thanks.

The update was from a guy that made another game, barely talking about shenmue, then a thank you to the same guy and promoting his game. Like WTF.

Hopefully they are going to release info methodically and got everything under their control, but I don't think so, I think they are just being REALLY amateur for a kickstarter of this scope.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:28 pm

The people that are marketing need to get their butts in gear!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:48 pm

At least they could do some "congrats on getting X".

Not even acknowledging that today they reached 3million. Just posting "great news for X country, Shenmue will now be in X language", make people backing feel like they're actually accomplishing things.

Even the stretch goals are 200k, that's almost half of the castlevania target.

Make a shitty drawing of nozomi saying thanks, put a simple poll about whatever.

Maybe we are too exited to see things happening and there is still 29 days to go, but just a little a acknowledge of what a great start this had is just a little gesture.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:49 pm

Hello Everyone!

Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful comments! Hearing everyone's stories and seeing everyone's reactions is what this all about. Shenmue means so much to so many people and we hope everyone keeps spreading the love.

There is lots of Shenmue 3 Kickstarter left and a long way to go to. So, let’s start revealing those Stretch Goals!

There are plenty more where that came from and new ones will be revealed as we keep climbing. The next Stretch Goals on the list will add new systems to Shenmue 3 that will give a huge boost to the gameplay. The Rapport System will add a depth of story, interactivity and character development that only Yu Suzuki can bring. The Skill Tree System will give Ryo a new way to level up and specialize his fighting move set.

Next up is the Baisha Village expansion goals—spend more time exploring Baisha, with extra mini-games, interactive events and a new character system. The Character Perspective System will really let you explore the world of Shenmue through the different character personalities.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III