Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

Postby ShinChuck » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:40 pm

shredingskin wrote: Maybe Yu is just looking at random words in the dictionary

Yeah yeah, estochastic idea system, that sounds cool, I'll figure it out later

Hahah, as much as I love Shenmue, I always felt that "FREE" was kind of a silly, somewhat meaningless name. "Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment!" So... video games?

Even so, I'm really curious about both the Rapport and Character Perspective System... can we see things from another characters eyes?
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Postby Supa » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:16 am

Keep in mind that it also has been a little over two days since it started. I think our 14 year wait has forced us to have mega high expectations of things. I have complete faith it will get better. Much better.

Keep in mind also that what we saw was $0 Shenmue III. That could've been made in Yu Suzuki's apartment or by one of his people at YS Net (he employs less than ten). And it is a remade Shenmue II scene. Skipping on rocks?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:26 am

It wouldn't surprise me if the preliminary funding for the concept was paid out of his own pocket with favors here and there done.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Thief » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:32 am

Kenny wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if the preliminary funding for the concept was paid out of his own pocket with favors here and there done.

"favors" huh..
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:35 am

Oh, you.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:36 am

I'm not proud of how lame my jokes have become since I've heard about Shenmue III
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:41 am

Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby The Big Landman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:55 am

In the case Sony is just funding marketing and distribution on PS4... how would Shenmue 3 be with a budget of 3M? somehow I see a game more close to TellTale adventures or Heavy Rain, more linear, and to the point, the meanings to make the story progress, and not much more. This is nice for me, it's better than nothing at all. But I really want to see Shenmue 4 at some point and for that S3 needs to be successful and gather more audience, and they have to like it... something S1&2 didn't manage with all players.

And I'm not sure I like how they are "expanding" town by town, what if Bailu ends being the only one with no extra areas and stuff to do and ends feeling short? shouldn't those stretch goals be more general, and not split by area?
The Big Landman
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:28 am

A lot of people on here stressed that Ys Net needed to be more precise about the Stretch Goals on Kickstarter because people needed to know exactly what they are spending their money on.

On the other hand there's people saying the Stretch Goals should be more general. :-k

Come on guys, we gotta decide on one. :lol:
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:40 am

What I want is to really know what they're talking about.

What do you think has more impact:
-x 5 minigames

Or saying:
- Lucky Hit, Gambling, fishing, duck races and a new job minigames !

We are now at 60k from the "rapport system" and we don't know what it is, maybe some people like the hype of guessing, but I think a cool video explaining (doesn't have to be ingame or anything) would be better.

How does the skill tree works or the perspective system ?? Those are cool sounding, but doesn't mean much at this point.

I think they're working on the updates to build the hype gradually, there are still 29 days, but I have a fear that it's not the case.

Look at how bloodstained did it:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ig ... ts/1227983

That's just the first update, seems professional, they seem exited, they talk to the public. And the kickstarter video was awesome for it.
Last edited by shredingskin on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Amir » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:43 am

shredingskin wrote: What I want is to really know what they're talking about.

What do you think has more impact:
-x 5 minigames

Or saying:
- Lucky Hit, Gambling, fishing, duck races and a new job minigames !

We are now at 60k from the "rapport system" and we don't know what it is, maybe some people like the hype of guessing, but I think a cool video explaining (doesn't have to be ingame or anything) would be better.

How does the skill tree works or the perspective system ?? Those are cool sounding, but doesn't mean much at this point.

I think they're working on the updates to build the hype gradually, there are still 29 days, but I have a fear that it's not the case.

The rapport system is building relationships with characters. The skill tree is how you improve your fighting skills, I'm guessing in a similar fashion to most RPGs. The perspective system is the only one I feel is somewhat vague, but the description of seeing things from the perspective of other characters is interesting.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby JohnBlack » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:45 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: A lot of people on here stressed that Ys Net needed to be more precise about the Stretch Goals on Kickstarter because people needed to know exactly what they are spending their money on.

On the other hand there's people saying the Stretch Goals should be more general. :-k

Come on guys, we gotta decide on one. :lol:

They dont need stretch goals at all, but its bad for kickstarter campaigin so. Just on this stage all this stuff is not working, like at the end the game may not include this stretch goals, or can include even more than expected. They dont even have prototype for the game, so who knows, maybe soundtrack will cost more, or something will cost less.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:58 am

Yeah but what does it mean "build relationships with characters" ?? We know he talked about those psychological tests that shenhua would give him, but how will it work ?

Skill tree, again is a vague term, most games have it, how will it work ?? Gain XP and get a new kick ?? Ryo will have upgradeable healthbar ?? Is a skill for climbing trees ?? For using melee weapons ?? We don't know anything.

Those would be realy cool to expand on.

BTW people are willing to pay a lot more for shenmue than castlevania, they should add 750 tier, 1000 tier or so.

The lack of physical ps4 is a little harming, but that probably has to do with sony.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:03 am

I know what you're saying. Personally, I am a die hard - and I mean DIE HARD - Shenmue fan so even Yu Suzuki saying "I want to put another kitten into Shenmue 3" would be enough for me to make me scratch togehter a couple hundred $ and give them to him.

So I can't really say which one might be more appealing to non die hard fans. Even a "step into dog poop" feature would be enogh to make me spend money on Shenmue 3.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Amir » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:06 am

shredingskin wrote: Yeah but what does it mean "build relationships with characters" ?? We know he talked about those psychological tests that shenhua would give him, but how will it work ?

Skill tree, again is a vague term, most games have it, how will it work ?? Gain XP and get a new kick ?? Ryo will have upgradeable healthbar ?? Is a skill for climbing trees ?? For using melee weapons ?? We don't know anything.

Those would be realy cool to expand on.

BTW people are willing to pay a lot more for shenmue than castlevania, they should add 750 tier, 1000 tier or so.

The lack of physical ps4 is a little harming, but that probably has to do with sony.

Tree in this case is figurative, like family tree. Here is an example of a skill tree:

I agree with the $500+ tiers, needs to happen.

My guess is Sony doesn't want the physical PS4 release as part of the kickstarter so they can sell it themselves at release (they need to sell to more than just the kickstarter backers), this way some fans will buy multiple copies as well.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III