"$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

"$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:03 pm

--- UPDATE 6/27/15 ---
Guys, I've been working feverishly today to get this site up. It's collaboration between me and my wife. She does the design, I do the coding. I think we make a good team. So, as you tweet and share about $30 on the 3rd please direct people to this website that will explain the campaign to people who may not understand:

http://www.30onthe3rd.com/

--- UPDATE 6/25/15 ---
I'm beyond excited about the response this campaign is getting! Thank you everyone!

As we're quickly approaching the 3rd of July we need to all step up our efforts to promote "$30 on the 3rd."

We need to focus on a different social media every day. Let's say days with an odd number focus on Facebook and even days focus on Twitter. If you see a $30 on the 3rd post share it. And every time you check the Kickstarter page for whatever reason leave a comment with $30 on the 3rd. I'm sure they get buried pretty quickly so the more often the more chance new people have to see it.

We REALLY need to get in touch with Yu and Awesome Japan and get them to promote the push. No one is going to have the audience they do. Can someone see if Aizen can tell Yu about the campaign and see if he can tweet it?

Also, don't dwell on the chance that this may not move the needle much. If you aim at nothing you'll hit it every time! Focus on $10 million! I know Yu is.

--- UPDATE 6/20/15 ---
So Yu Suzuki needs $10 million. This is NOT unreachable. It's actually VERY reachable. If they open donations to PayPal as they've suggested it will become the avenue to Yu's goal. If we continue with the monthly thunderbolt and focus our efforts on donating $30 on the 3rd of each month we WILL hit that number. I anticipate the Kickstarter will end up earning between $6 millon and $8 million because at the end everyone who hasn't donated will scramble to get their rewards and those who have extra cash to throw at it will do that. Even if it only makes $5 million that's fine.

PayPal is the ticket after July 17! If they keep PayPal open indefinitely we can continue to give month after month. And that's where the "$30 on the 3rd" makes BIG strides for the campaign.

$30 is nothing to most people. If you are struggling to make ends meet, please take care of yourself and your family first. But for those of us who are stable enough financially we can make a HUGE impact for Shenmue. $30 each month adds up, fast!

Mods, please sticky this. I really feel like this is the best route to take. We also need to get the Shenmue Kickstarter/advertising team, Twitter, Facebook groups, the Dojo homepage and any other non-English speaking Shenmue fansites involved to promote this idea.

Stay sweaty!

-- END UPDATE --

We need to form our own campaign booster to get people who have donated to add $25-$50 to their donation. No shaming for people who may not have donated very much, we're just trying to ice the cake. Instead of the monthly tweetathon on July 3rd let's do a "$30 on the 3rd" and everyone donate an extra $30(or more).

At the current count if everyone who've already donated added $30 it would add $1.24 million to the pot!

I'll donate another $30. That's three trips to the fast food restaurant or four trips to Starbucks. Who will join me?

My twitter is pathetic, so whoever organized the tweetathon feel free to take over in boosting this effort on Twitter and Facebook. And mods, move this post around if you want to use it in the News section.

Last edited by elfshadowreaper on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby ImGladUmad » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:07 pm

I donated $100 but I been thinking about donating more, so maybe I will join
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:08 pm

I like the idea.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby jay_mack » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:11 pm

I'll participate in this if we get a good movement going. I really like the positivity of this idea.
jay_mack
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Destiny

Postby Axm » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:14 pm

I think its also important to have a scheduled mass boost. As it stands the kickstarter is slowing down alot. We need a push to reach the next stretch goals.
Especially now we know that the project isnt being supported finacially very much by Sony. (Confirmed via the Famitsu interview)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby elmatto » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Post it to shenmue500k facebook. Lets get this rollin. I'm in.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby mrandyk » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:16 pm

I am going to put down an additional $30, but under a new account so that I may gift the download code to a friend who otherwise would not donate.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Axm wrote: As it stands the kickstarter is slowing down alot. We need a push to reach the next stretch goals.
Especially now we know that the project isnt being supported finacially very much by Sony. (Confirmed via the Famitsu interview)

It's going quite strong actually, but yeah, all those shitty people clickbaiting did fuck the stuff a little bit.

I agree that we need to do a very good boost, pledge and mediawise.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ImGladUmad » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:22 pm

Why not 30 on the 30th? Wouldn't that be easier to remember and also since things are slowing down, a boost is necessary soon.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:24 pm

ImGladUmad wrote: Why not 30 on the 30th? Wouldn't that be easier to remember and also since things are slowing down, a boost is necessary soon.

It's the shenmue thunderclap.

But that's not too bad. Let's hope that the guys running the kickstarter have some better ideas.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:25 pm

I definitely like the idea of making sure we all wait til the 3rd to do it. But it would be hard to schedule it for a certain hour. But I have no Kickstarter experience. Let's make it boom!
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:27 pm

Its not bad but, the 3rd has always been our big campaign day. I think its easy to remember especially when we start tweeting whatever it is we are tweeting now.
#savedshenmue was it?
We could also tweet something like
#kickstartshenmue or #30moreforshenmue
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ShinChuck » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 pm

Pretty brilliant idea really, to use the normal day for tweeting to #SaveShenmue to boost the Kickstarter!
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Postby Thief » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:13 pm

This is something realistic that I can manage and would be happy to take part in.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mrandyk » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:15 pm

Is a specific time going to be aimed for? Or are we just aiming to make the 3rd a spike in general?
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III