Shenmue's Success in Direct Proportion to Suzuki's Happiness

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue's Success in Direct Proportion to Suzuki's Happiness

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:20 am

The most fundamental aspect in which we should be taking notice regarding the success of Shenmue III is not through convoluted comments made in regards to funding, but instead, through identifying and understanding Yu Suzuki's happiness. I've begun to develop an algorithm that will help determine the exact probability of Shenmue III's success. This is determined through a number of factors including: the rate and frequency in which Suzuki-san smiles or shows any other such gesture of happiness (such as fidgety movement or further actions of "giddyness"), verbal confirmation from Suzuki-san that shows his excitement (or anxiety) towards working on the project, physical signs of stressing (such as excessive perspiration or heavy breathing), and furthermore. Hopefully, my algorithm will be able to give us a clear outlook on Shenmue III's success within the next couple of hours. Please stay tuned.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Shenmue's Success in Direct Proportion to Suzuki's Happi

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:30 am

Well, he likes 2Pac anyway.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:34 am

I remember an Interview with Yu Suzuki, I saw that about a year ago. It took place in his kitchen and was part of some series covering legendary game designers like Hideo Kojima, Shigeru Miyamoto and of course, Yu.

The interview revolved mostly around Shenmue and Yu kind of evaded the questions regarding Shenmue's future and he seemed a bitter and broken man to me through his answers. It's just great to see Yu full of life, ambition and happiness again. This is the Yu Suzuki we all know and love!

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:02 am

It's true actually that you can notice this. I remember writing a few years ago that he looked depressed. Even back with Shenmue Online he never seemed excited. Like he was going through the motions. It's clear that he means it when he says that Shenmue is a very personal project.

ys has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby JaySw34 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:37 am

Plot twist - Shenmue is actually Yu Suzuki's interactive autobiography

JaySw34 has received a thanks from: Rakim
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby elmatto » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:46 am

Stress and anxiety will be the norm for him on this project I imagine. There's a lot of expectations for this game. It's probably a lot of weight to have on your shoulders.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Shenmue III