Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:45 am

What does it matter, we're all just lamewads on a forum devoted to a series which is clearly long dead -- awaiting a third game that will never EVER be made. Why are there even mods? We clearly don't get enough traffic.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:44 am

It is impossible to keep up with all of the posts. It really is like early 2000s on here again. It is wonderful to see.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:48 am

Thief wrote: What does it matter, we're all just lamewads on a forum devoted to a series which is clearly long dead -- awaiting a third game that will never EVER be made. Why are there even mods? We clearly don't get enough traffic.

I agree, Shenmue III is never going to happen. It's crazy to think we'll even get a mobile game. Sony won't help, Sega are selfish and then I heard this in a recent interview: "I was enlightened by the prospect of a truly living, breathing world, and an engaging story of revenge. But in the end Shenmue was a mistake, it cost me very personal loss as well as huge debts for my employees and employer. It's not hard to say that, yes, Shenmue was indeed a mistake, and that it's nothing but trash." - Yu Suzuk
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Locke_cole » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:37 am

The Shenmue 3 the REAL fant want to see-
phpBB [video]
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:06 am

Locke_cole wrote: The Shenmue 3 the REAL fant want to see-
phpBB [video]

I like mega64 and loved their first shenmue video but for some reason I just find this one unfunny.

south carmain has received a thanks from: OL
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bambi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:46 am

Yama wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: I'd say QWERTY alone was more interesting then anything in the Shenmue forums for the last 10 years. Reading any of the threads in there are about as fun as a prostate exam.

I don't personally have any problems with QWERTY, hence my own decision to let him post again despite previous moderation. It was his decision to cross the line on a short leash, he choked. It's a unanimous decision, not a knee jerk reaction.

But hey, when Shenmue III is announced his news will then be valid, so I'm sure it could be reversed at that point...

:lol:

Bambi has received 2 thanks from: Shenmuedabest, south carmain
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Of all the things Qwerty did, it was nuts that that was what got him banned in the end :lol: Shows what the priorities of a Shenmue forum are I guess. Genuinely offensive stuff that's totally fine, but post a Shenmue 3 hoax and YOU'VE CROSSED THE LINE ON YOUR SHORT LEASH NOW :lol:

Not trying to have a dig at qwerty though. From what I've seen he seems alright these days.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Locke_cole » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: It is impossible to keep up with all of the posts. It really is like early 2000s on here again. It is wonderful to see.

indeed
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:41 pm

mue 26 wrote: Of all the things Qwerty did, it was nuts that that was what got him banned in the end :lol: Shows what the priorities of a Shenmue forum are I guess. Genuinely offensive stuff that's totally fine, but post a Shenmue 3 hoax and YOU'VE CROSSED THE LINE ON YOUR SHORT LEASH NOW :lol:

Not trying to have a dig at qwerty though. From what I've seen he seems alright these days.

Spamming multiple pictures of genitalia mutilation is enough to get a lifetime banning on any message board. Not having a go, but that's also what happened. He will tell you himself.

But he has been a good contributor as of late, straight to the point and not afraid to speak his mind. Him staying on that side of the thin line is a good thing. I said it to a few people, but I honestly believe having the QWERTY account makes him act up, and say things which are not 100% reflective of Dan.

Just my opinion.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Shenmuedabest » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Peter wrote:
mue 26 wrote: Of all the things Qwerty did, it was nuts that that was what got him banned in the end :lol: Shows what the priorities of a Shenmue forum are I guess. Genuinely offensive stuff that's totally fine, but post a Shenmue 3 hoax and YOU'VE CROSSED THE LINE ON YOUR SHORT LEASH NOW :lol:

Spamming multiple pictures of genitalia mutilation is enough to get a lifetime banning on any message board. Not having a go, but that's also what happened. He will tell you himself.

But he has been a good contributor as of late, straight to the point and not afraid to speak his mind. Him staying on that side of the thin line is a good thing. I said it to a few people, but I honestly believe having the QWERTY account makes him act up, and say things which are not 100% reflective of Dan.

Just my opinion.

Fuck off cunt

Shenmuedabest has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:48 pm

See what I mean

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Shenmuedabest » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:51 pm

There's no acting up involved really. Just having a laugh, that's all.
Last edited by Shenmuedabest on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenmuedabest has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:52 pm

I know. But it's when you go to your dark place like you did the last time that shit gets fucked up. You know the craic....
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Shenmuedabest » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:01 pm

Peter wrote: I know. But it's when you go to your dark place like you did the last time that shit gets fucked up. You know the craic....

Travelling changes things. You know that. It definitely gives you a different perspective in life, and things are really kicking off both creatively and career-wise for me. I haven't got as much time to be concentrating on replying to multi quote posts with differing insults each time but I can still pop by and wind up Animegamer every now and again.
Last edited by Shenmuedabest on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:01 pm

He's just having fun.

Used to do it on Yahoo chat all the time. Even did it once here. Seeing people's reactions to fucked up shit is a blast sometimes.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic