We should clear up the misunderstanding about Sony's funding

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: We should clear up the misunderstanding about Sony's fun

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:33 am

Delayed double post? What's this?

C'mon people, I thought posting here I would find unconditional support, but all I see is cynicism...
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Esppiral » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:38 am

Copy paste from my comment on reddir.

For me is was totally clear since the beginning that Sony, is doing little to nothing for founding the game, but people jumped into the conclusion that they are founding it... shit... They didn't deny it either, because is good PR for them, again shit...
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Luke_09 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:44 am

Apologies for the double posts everyone. I was on a train at the time and the connection on my phone kept going, didn't realise how many posts it had sent. Will try to delete them!
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:50 am

i think sony will support the game but the degree to which they will do so is dependent on how well the kick starter does.

the kick starter is SUPER SUPER important. negotiations with other funders is by no means complete, so if the kickstarter does super well it will give potential investors more confidence to commit further funding.

johnvivant has received 3 thanks from: Arm Wrestler, Luke_09, Sonne2
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby b_ren » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:17 am

In all honesty we need to keep donating what we can.

This is the only chance that we are going to get. It's time to put our money where our mouth is. If we raise a lot then I'm sure it will give a lot of confidence to Sony and the other backers.

b_ren has received 4 thanks from: Arm Wrestler, Axm, Luke_09, Sonne2
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Luke_09 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:31 am

johnvivant wrote: i think sony will support the game but the degree to which they will do so is dependent on how well the kick starter does.

the kick starter is SUPER SUPER important. negotiations with other funders is by no means complete, so if the kickstarter does super well it will give potential investors more confidence to commit further funding.

That's exactly my view, couldn't agree more with you.

As with every investor on the planet, the more money that it sees is being raised, the more they are willing to invest more of their cash! That's why I also believe the KickStarter is so crucial.

We have no idea if the level of Sony investment depends on how much money the KickStart makes. Until we know for sure, we have no choice but to keep pledging and raising awareness of the KickStarter
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Luke_09 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:34 am

Rikitatsu wrote: Delayed double post? What's this?

C'mon people, I thought posting here I would find unconditional support, but all I see is cynicism...

You definitely do have support mate. I completely agree with you, we need to spread the message that we have no idea how much money Sony is actually putting into Shenmue III. We can't make assumptions that they are pumping millions into this because as you rightly said, that does not appear to be the case.

Luke_09 has received 2 thanks from: Rikitatsu, Sonne2
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:45 am

I have been trying for the last 2 days to try and make some awareness that Sony's funding is not as big as people think.
I created a thread on the Shenmue Subreddit, and luckily the Mod over there Bert306, contacted me and asked if he could sticky the post.

From this point on, I think we need to focus on getting the words Directly out of Yu's mouth. He has said in the Famistu interview that he expects the main funding to come from the Kickstarter, so we need to make he re-iterate that in today's Reddit AMA. More specifically, we know that he cannot comment on the amount of funding that he has secured from outside sources, but I feel that we might be able to get a number of out him that HE WANTS the kickstater to hit. If we can get that number, we can quote him and spread that news like wildfire. Even news sites like IGN, Kotaku etc will be interested in that.

We need to get this info and then need to get it out there. If Shenmue fans see that Yu wants (for example 12 Million), then we will get Yu 12 Million :P.

Today's AMA Goal:
Ask Yu Suzuki "Where does Yu-san expect most of the Funding to come from for Shenmue 3? And more importantly, how much does Yu-san want the Kickstater to reach in order for him to make the FULL vision for Shenmue 3?"

If we know the above information by the end of the day, we can flood news outlets with this and intern remove a lot of the miss-information regarding the outside funding.

The post on the Reddit that I talked about:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Shenmue/comments/3abv69/the_sony_funding_is_not_that_much_famistu_article/

I am going to be posting the thread on the kickstater every couple of hours. If people have accounts on Neogaf, or on Shenmue500k facebook, then please help spread the word so we can get these questions answered. Thank you!
Last edited by SheepheadCG on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SheepheadCG has received 3 thanks from: Arm Wrestler, Rikitatsu, Sonne2
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby mrandyk » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:47 am

Sony's main contribution will likely be marketing. They have no problem putting Shenmue 3 in the spotlight because people will buy it for the name and backstory regardless of quality. There really isn't much motivation for them to support the development budget since this game is going to sell what it's going to sell simply because Shenmue 3 will finally be out for release. They probably saw how well Duke Nukem Forever sold and had to get their own project like that.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:48 am

SheepheadCG wrote: I have been trying for the last 2 days to try and make some awareness that Sony's funding is not as big as people think.
I created a thread on the Shenmue Subreddit, and luckily the Mod over there Bert306, contacted me and asked if he could sticky the post.

From this point on, I think we need to focus on getting the words Directly out of Yu's mouth. He has said in the Famistu interview that he expects the main funding to come from the Kickstarter, so we need to make he re-iterate that in today's Reddit AMA. More specifically, we know that he cannot comment on the amount of funding that he has secured from outside sources, but I feel that we might be able to get a number of out him that HE WANTS the kickstater to hit. If we can get that number, we can quote him and spread that news like wildfire. Even news sites like IGN, Kotaku etc will be interested in that.

We need to get this info and then need to get it out there. If Shenmue fans see that Yu wants (for example 12 Million), then we will get Yu 12 Million :P.

The post on the Reddit that I talked about:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Shenmue/comments/3abv69/the_sony_funding_is_not_that_much_famistu_article/

Finally, some contribution to this thread, thank you!
And that is a great idea, yes. If Suzuki reiterate the statement from Famitsu, perhaps more sites would pick on it.

So we have a new goal: Ask Suzuki about "Where he expect the primary funding of the project to come from. Kickstarter, or external?" at the reddit AMA today!
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:51 am

Rikitatsu wrote: So we have a new goal: Ask Suzuki about "Where he expect the primary funding of the project to come from. Kickstarter, or external?" at the reddit AMA today!

Yep this is pretty much the best way to do it. We need to find out how much Yu wants to make from the kickstarter in order for him to be able to make his FULL vision of Shenmue 3.

Guys, I am going to be posting a link to the reddit thread on the comments page of the Kickstarter every couple of hours, if you guys have access to GAF or the Shenmue500k page, or anything please help spread it about.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Shenmue/comment ... u_article/
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:35 pm

I'll try to E-Mail some journalists regarding this matter, but it never worked before. Still, worth a try.

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: shredingskin
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elmatto » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:40 pm

I agree. There's already been more than a few damaging articles. These dumbasses are inadvertently hurting this game.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Luke_09 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Rikitatsu wrote: I'll try to E-Mail some journalists regarding this matter, but it never worked before. Still, worth a try.

Nice one! It's worth a try, there's certainly nothing to lose. Good on you for being productive about it. I think we all agree that we want Shenmue III to be the game it deserves to be
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Maccam16 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:53 pm

elmatto wrote: I agree. There's already been more than a few damaging articles. These dumbasses are inadvertently hurting this game.

You say inadvertently, but I'm not so sure...
Maccam16
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III