Legit concerns you have for Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Legit concerns you have for Shenmue 3

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:32 pm

OL wrote:Why did Lan Di kill Iwao?
Because Lan Di believes that Iwao killed killed Zhao Sun Ming (Lan Di's father). It's supposed to be a big cycle of vengeance.

Why does Lan Di want the mirrors?
Because he's a part of the Chi You Men, who's goal is to use the mirrors to resurrect Chi You and bring about the end of the world or something. Lan Di might have goals beyond something so obviously mythical, but that's what we know so far.

Where in the game were those things explained?

Those sound too significant to be mentioned in passing.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Scrounder » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Kenny wrote:
Because Lan Di believes that Iwao killed killed Zhao Sun Ming (Lan Di's father). It's supposed to be a big cycle of vengeance.

Because he's a part of the Chi You Men, who's goal is to use the mirrors to resurrect Chi You and bring about the end of the world or something. Lan Di might have goals beyond something so obviously mythical, but that's what we know so far.

Pretty much the last couple of hours of Shenmue 2.
Scrounder
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:36 pm

Well, not necessarily the last couple hours; that would have been Guilin.
It was when you finally find and free Zhu Yuanda, and there's a scene where he tells you a bunch of stuff about Lan Di and the Chi You Men. It's the part where you find out Lan Di's real name is Longsun Zhao.

EDIT: Here ya go.

phpBB [video]

OL has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Does anyone know the amount of budget necessary for mo cap?
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:02 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: Does anyone know the amount of budget necessary for mo cap?

EA's new Capture Lab (pictured below) covers 18,000 square feet, and uses the latest Vicon Blade mocap software and 132 Vicon cameras.

As example, a two-camera Vicon system with one software license is $12,500. (Bear in mind that you'll also need software like MotionBuilder to map the capture data to a character, which runs about $4,200 per seat.) Despite those prices, doing motion capture reportedly costs anywhere from a quarter to half as much as keyframe animation, and results in more lifelike animation.

So let's keep pledging and spreading the hype!

EDITED.
Last edited by sand4fish on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:06 pm

sand4fish wrote:
killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: Does anyone know the amount of budget necessary for mo cap?

A two-camera Vicon system with one software license is $12,500. (Bear in mind that you'll also need software like MotionBuilder to map the capture data to a character, which runs about $4,200 per seat.) Despite those prices, doing motion capture reportedly costs anywhere from a quarter to half as much as keyframe animation, and results in more lifelike animation.

So let's keep pledging and spreading the hype!

That sounds good. Ive been watching old videos about Shenmue development... Yu Suzuki directing mo cap looks amazing.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:13 pm

OL wrote: Well, not necessarily the last couple hours; that would have been Guilin.
It was when you finally find and free Zhu Yuanda, and there's a scene where he tells you a bunch of stuff about Lan Di and the Chi You Men. It's the part where you find out Lan Di's real name is Longsun Zhao.

EDIT: Here ya go.

phpBB [video]

Aaah.

I just remember Ren saying something about treasure. Probably because he's the only animated character in that scene so I remember it well.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:31 pm

I actually know what do the mirror's point at, I've known for a long time, but I don't want to sopil it now that shenmue is back.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ys » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: To each his own i guess, but i wonder if you had the same opinion 4 days ago. :)

I had :P I wrote a few times through the years that I would rather not get a new game if the only option was a rushed product with parts of the story cut out and lacking the right atmosphere.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:52 pm

ys wrote:
Shenhua-Nani? wrote: To each his own i guess, but i wonder if you had the same opinion 4 days ago. :)

I had :P I wrote a few times through the years that I would rather not get a new game if the only option was a rushed product with parts of the story cut out and lacking the right atmosphere.

I agree. It's partly why I want this kickstarter to really take off. I too have said over the years I don't want III if it's going to be rush game or half a game. No compromises.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Ruffles » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:03 pm

I am pretty amazed about all the negativity here. Sure, there are a number of questions. The game was announced just a few days ago, and it's a Kickstarter project at this point. But please, we are getting Shenmue III after waiting for 14 freaking years! Try to be a little positive about this! Isn't this what you've been waiting for after all? An announcement at E3? How many times haven't we dreamed about it and always being let down?

According to Adam Boyles Sony will help market the game, so that's not a concern. How much money they'll put into the development we don't know. But they know you can't make a true Shenmue game with just a few million.

I want the true Shenmue experience. Not GTA or whatever. But Yu Suzuki knows what the fans want. My only concern is that big parts of the original story will be left out. But we know parts were already left out in Shenmue II, and that was still a great game. We can't get everything they way we want it.

I just want the game. I want to continue the journey and find out about the mirrors, about the past of Ryo's father and I want to fight Lan Di.

Ruffles has received a thanks from: Arm Wrestler
Ruffles
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Luke_09 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:25 am

Kenny wrote:

It was also mentioned in the very beginning cut-scene in Shenmue 1 in the dojo where Ryo stumbles across his father pitted against Lan Di. From what I can remember, Lan Di actually says to Iwao:

'Do you remember Zhao Sun Ming?... that's the name of the man you killed in MoonSwoon'

....then in Shenmue 2; Yuanda Zhu mentions specifically that this 'Zhao Sun Ming' is in-fact Lan Di's father [see video posted above].

Lan Di believes Iwao killed his father... whether that is true or not, that's one of the many questions that hopefully Shenmue III will provide answers to! :)
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:43 am

Appart from everything "money wise". I still don't know what are the new "systems" that Yu is thinking about for Shenmue III.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shuyian » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:59 am

Hello, I have been lurking in the dark since my registration at 2007 and, like you, Im so happy and still cant believe this is happening! Im from Argentina and my english is not the best so I apologize if what Im about to say does not sound clear.

I have a question about the funds gathering for S3.

I still did not pledge any money, I will do it at the end of this month, and I have been thinking: Can people take off their pledges? So, we are now at 3.3M and this money is assured? Or is it possible that some trolls take off their pledges at the end of the kickstarter and the budget go down? (Please no! I will kill them all)

Im worried about that :(
Shuyian
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Julian86Arg
Steam: Julian86Arg

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:02 am

They can, I think, they've trolled for a little bit, but these seem stable.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III