$10 million

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

$10 million

Postby Vito » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:38 am

I doubt it's possible. Everyone has to double their pledge otherwise.
Vito
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Mafia

Re: $10 million

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:05 am

Not gonna happen, thanks to this crap kickstarter campaign that tells absolutely NOTHING to newcomers.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby rome » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:12 am

The 5 million mark seems very possible through the ks. Hope we can at least reach that mark.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Monkei » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:20 am

it will happen, we can make it. donations haven't slowed down as much as some of you seem to think. by the current pace we're even on track to reach around 18 million. https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/. of course that's bound to slow down (and we most certainly won't end up with a huge budget like that). but then again there very likely will be additional promotional actions over and over again throughout the next 27 days, which will raise awareness even more. it might break some more records, stir up some more controversy, so hopefully it will get the attention it needs and deserves. articles clarifying the funding situation (sony's involvement etc.) might pop up at some places. there's still plenty of time to overhaul the kickstarter page, add stretchgoals that actually make some sense, add new rewards and so on. this can work. just keep believing in it, keep writing your suggestions and concerns to ys net via the kickstarter page, donate as much as you can by any means, and help to raise awareness and interest! :)
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:24 am

You guys are looking at this narrow minded. It is more than possible.

YSNet needs to enable PayPal donations for Shenmue III, as well as the ability to donate money after the Kickstarter ends so we can keep going.

This is how Star Citizen had over 84 million dollars donated towards it.

We need to keep pushing for those two things and we will make it.

Himuro has received 3 thanks from: 8bitRyo, Sonne2, Thief
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:32 am

Straight from my pay cheque for the next 6-12 months into Suzuki's bank. lol. I'd be willing to do that, honestly. Why should it be limited to only 30 days? It should be a constant funnel of funds and not everyone will have the funds ready for this Kickstarter...

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Sonne2
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Monkei » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:38 am

Henry Spencer wrote:Straight from my pay cheque for the next 6-12 months into Suzuki's bank. lol. I'd be willing to do that, honestly. Why should it be limited to only 30 days? It should be a constant funnel of funds and not everyone will have the funds ready for this Kickstarter...

that's what i thought, too. we need the paypal option to keep donating every month. i'd gladly do so, even for the next 2 years.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:41 am

Vito wrote: I doubt it's possible. Everyone has to double their pledge otherwise.

I doubled mine.

It is possible, but highly unlikely. The most likely way it will happen, is if they offer a Paypal link for donations after the Kickstarter ends, like Himuro said.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:57 am

Need more backers than under 50,000 people for that to be possible. There's only so much around 50,000 people can contribute to bring it up as much in just one month...where's the other 500,000 people who bought Shenmue 1/Shenmue 2 now?

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Sonne2
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ElephantStone » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:09 am

Never in a million years is this Kickstarter going to get even close to that. Open up a PayPal and take donations afterwards and maybe it'll reach it in a few months with Shenmue fans donating a good portion of their fucking annual salary toward it.

It's a shame because if the Kickstarter was done properly I think it'd have had a decent chance of getting $10M by itself. I'm really annoyed by Awesome Japan - due to their complete and utter incompetence, they're now asking Shenmue fans to pledge far more than they can possibly afford, otherwise we get a bare-bones version of the game we've been waiting 14 years for.

Seriously, fuck these shit cunts.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:11 am

Maybe we should do something about it: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47844

... Instead of shouting about how impossible it would be.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:13 am

I was surprised it had gone up 9k in the last hours, then i saw we have 3 new jacket backers.....let's hope it's not trolls. :(
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenSun » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:13 am

Im gonna post a neogaf thread stating CLEARLY that the kickstarter needs 10 million

I strongly recommend we all message alphamomegasin, adam koralik, happy console gamer, etc to spread the word aswelll.

Unfortunetly, some gaming journalists and gamers are determined to fuk this up for us. This is are only chance to get Shenmue 3. We need to do everything we can to make it Happen.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: Sonne2
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:22 am

ShenSun wrote: Im gonna post a neogaf thread stating CLEARLY that the kickstarter needs 10 million

I strongly recommend we all message alphamomegasin, adam koralik, happy console gamer, etc to spread the word aswelll.

Unfortunetly, some gaming journalists and gamers are determined to fuk this up for us. This is are only chance to get Shenmue 3. We need to do everything we can to make it Happen.

I already did message them under the hashtag #10MillionToShenmue3
But no one but me is tweeting it, apparently. There is no energy in this forum.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:25 am

Henry Spencer wrote: where's the other 500,000 people who bought Shenmue 1/Shenmue 2 now?

Probably depending on the "Sony is backing it so we don't need to put anything in" plan :roll:
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III