Reddit AMA Answers

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Reddit AMA Answers

Postby shenmueilike » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:30 am

i wonder if every shenmuefan knows that the investing from sony to project shenmue3 is uncertain . at least by the informations we could gather for now ,there is no evidence shows SONY will or has confirmed to fund the most budget that shenmue3 need at all.
i don't know what you guys think of that ? some people is still intoxicated in the confused information what says SONY will fund most money that shenmue need .
how much shall sony wanna pay for shenmue ? they haven't say that officially at all .
i hope you guys get caution .by yu suzuki's point ,the goal of the account of the fund on kickstarter must exceed 5M dollars ,otherwise the shemue3 could only hardly to accomplish the basic lowest frame of the game . and he need 10M dollars to develop the game to be an open world game(just like shenmue1 and shenmue2) at least.
maybe there is someshing hiden back of the real that suzuki can hardly to say or he has no right to say by his own.but we shemue fans have to see that clearly. otherwise , if shenmue3 get start to develop by such a little budget,the result of 2 years later could be a tragedy and no complete version of shenmue3 will show up and no shenmue4's future forever !

what can we do for shenmue3 now? sony is not eager to fund ,the only hope of shenmue 3 is in you and me's hands now ...maybe we can do some thing by ourselves .
shenmueilike
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby The Grrreat Chai » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:33 am

Thanks for pulling out all the Q&A Riku Rose, it is much appreciated! :D It's really nice to hear Suzuki talking about Shenmue again, and not just in a "I want to make it" way.
The Grrreat Chai
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Dragon Age II

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:45 am

Anyone else think that if Suzuki really wanted around 10 million to create the full world he should have just set the kickstarter to that amount in the first place? I mean, I can understand making the goal low so we can have any form of Shenmue 3 in the first place but I feel it should have aimed higher so all that huge boom of backers we had in the begining would have kept going and put the hush on the nay sayers making click-bait articles..

I know it's hard to predict these things when launching a kickstarter but I mean jeez.. they did it in the middle of Sony's E3 presser.. thats a huge kick in attention.
Granted.. it was immidiately funded and all but damn.. what an opportunity it could have been to propel to 10 million perhaps just as fast.
..all speculation ofcourse. I bet we can get to that 10 million if we all work together.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:58 am

So, just as I expected the towns were already there but the stretch goals greatly expand them.

It would have been weird only having one location.

Also, Jobs confirmed!
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby rome » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:01 am

joka wrote:
NeoShredder wrote: RYO NOT GOING BACK TO JAPAN IN SHENMUE III

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... ?context=3

Damn- well that comment alone all but confirms S3 doesn't complete all the planned chapters surely?

I know he made references to follow on games that back that up as well.

So if 3 doesn't do it for newcomers to Shenmue, we're doomed all over again. I hate to even mention a S4 possibility at this time, but it appears he's hoping for his original idea of 4 or 5 games to finish the series.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:08 am

Axm wrote: Anyone else think that if Suzuki really wanted around 10 million to create the full world he should have just set the kickstarter to that amount in the first place? I mean, I can understand making the goal low so we can have any form of Shenmue 3 in the first place but I feel it should have aimed higher so all that huge boom of backers we had in the begining would have kept going and put the hush on the nay sayers making click-bait articles..

I know it's hard to predict these things when launching a kickstarter but I mean jeez.. they did it in the middle of Sony's E3 presser.. thats a huge kick in attention.
Granted.. it was immidiately funded and all but damn.. what an opportunity it could have been to propel to 10 million perhaps just as fast.
..all speculation ofcourse. I bet we can get to that 10 million if we all work together.

I think 2 millions is the minimal budget they have calculated to do a no frills game because the first aim was to finish the story. Asking more could have been a pointless risk and I understand them.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:20 am

Thanks for putting this together. Too bad I wasn't there when the real AMA was running.

Anyway, the answers that Yu Suzuki gave sound very pleasant to me. And the 10 Million will be possible on Kickstarter if we clean up some of the confusion and promote it and they update the page with new concept art and more strech goals. The best one to get this going again would of course be a physical PS4 release.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Axm
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:31 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Axm wrote: Anyone else think that if Suzuki really wanted around 10 million to create the full world he should have just set the kickstarter to that amount in the first place? I mean, I can understand making the goal low so we can have any form of Shenmue 3 in the first place but I feel it should have aimed higher so all that huge boom of backers we had in the begining would have kept going and put the hush on the nay sayers making click-bait articles..

I think 2 millions is the minimal budget they have calculated to do a no frills game because the first aim was to finish the story. Asking more could have been a pointless risk and I understand them.

Ya it's totally understandable.
I just think man.. what if the masses saw 10 million was the goal.. would more people have stepped up?
Well, we still have that chance. It's not over yet.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Jesse » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:01 am

10 million? Wow I'm a bit worried now there's plenty of time but dam. Like others have said we got to keep pounding the drum. I've waited 15 years and I want the full shenmue experience not a stripped down version. We can do this guys. I hope he does 5 million and then whoever his investors are will match the kick starter amount. Also some fascinating answers by Yu like his favorite themes how many chapters ryo going back to Japan etc.
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby JaySw34 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:38 am

His description of Choubu village sounds interesting. The 10 mill on kickstarter is going to be a difficult challenge. However I'm confident that even if it doesn't reach the goal, Sony will end up funding more than is the case currently.
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34

Postby redline » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:42 am

some older members have been saying for years that they believe ryo will go back to japan. well it seems hes not in S3 but from Yu Suzuki's answer, he might do in S4?
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:23 am

Holy shitsnacks, well I hope that Shenmue III won't pull a "Shenmue II" and we end up on a cliffhanger with no guarantee of a sequel!
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:24 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote: Holy shitsnacks, well I hope that Shenmue III won't pull a "Shenmue II" and we end up on a cliffhanger with no guarantee of a sequel!

That's what's going to happen according to Yu.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:30 am

south carmain wrote:
Yokosuka Martian wrote: Holy shitsnacks, well I hope that Shenmue III won't pull a "Shenmue II" and we end up on a cliffhanger with no guarantee of a sequel!

That's what's going to happen according to Yu.

Well we better start playing the lottery people! :lol:

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: redline
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Im so proud that Dojo and I curated so many quality questions and we got most of them answered.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III