$10 million

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: $10 million

Postby James Brown » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:56 pm

SlySpy wrote: I understand their reasoning for not showing all of the stretch goals. It's possible if someone saw them all at once, it would be discouraging, but at the same time, many already know he wants to hit the 10 million mark, so it may be a good idea to include all the stretch goals now. Whether they do or don't, they definitely need to move the stretch goals to the top of the page, so that people can actually see them. We also need more updates that expound upon the stretch goals in more detail. From the AMA we learned what the Rapport System was, and it's actually a pretty good game mechanic, but many people wouldn't know just from looking at the stretch goals, so that needs to be made more clear.

As for the reward tiers, I do agree that they all need to be revealed immediately. They're already planned out apparently, so the sooner they're put out there, the sooner people can start putting in their cash for it. It was proven by the replica jacket tier that this is clearly an effective way of generating more funds.

We still have plenty of time to patch this up, so we need to stay persistent.

Yea, I mean $500 to $3k is a massive leap, many $500 funders might go a bit higher to say $1k, especially if something meater is at that tier, like replica mirrors :P
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby hoonding » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:11 pm

It's better to be realistic.
hoonding
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Bumped my pledge from $310 to $510. (don't tell my wife)

mjq jazz bar has received 5 thanks from: Amir, Axm, ElephantStone, NeoShredder, Reprise
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby NeoShredder » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Don't forget people that most pay-days are at the end of the month; the kickstarter started in the middle of the month with e3 on the 15th- that's why the $30-on-the-3rd campaign might be very important, for newcomers and people to upgrade pledges

NeoShredder has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby ElephantStone » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Reprise wrote:...you could elaborate on what is so "shit" about the marketing and what you would like to be done? I personally thought that announcing it at E3 was a great way to promote the Kickstarter and get things going. Surely marketing and promotion costs money? And surely they have little money and hence why the Kickstarter is so important?

Sorry mate, I was being a knob. I totally agree, I think announcing it at E3 was fantastic, and I'm delighted that Sony will be covering the marketing of Shenmue III.

However, the current Kickstarter campaign being run by Awesome Japan is shit. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few ways to immediately improve it massively:

1) Mark all current videos and images of Shenmue III clearly with "concept art/images" a la Bloodstained did.

2) Immediately tidy up the main Kickstarter page: clearly show the stretch goals at the top of the page, have relevant links to Shenmue history for new people to see what all the fuss is about, link the update videos on the main Kickstarter page so they're there for all to see clearly - I've been following the campaign religiously since the announcement, and I've only just stumbled upon the Shenmue III theme that was released a couple days ago by watching AdamKoralik's video. People are missing this stuff because the campaign is so badly laid out.

3) Put a huge, huge fucking header clearly stating that $10M is required to make the full Shenmue III that Yu Suzuki has envisioned. Make that abundantly clear to absolutely everyone, right away.

This is not to mention some of the cooler things like maybe ripping off the Bloodstained campaign even further, and adding "social media achievements" to it, unlocking new stretch goals for a certain amount of tweets, likes, views or whatever.

ElephantStone has received a thanks from: Himuro
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:42 pm

ElephantStone wrote:
Sorry mate, I was being a knob. I totally agree, I think announcing it at E3 was fantastic, and I'm delighted that Sony will be covering the marketing of Shenmue III.

However, the current Kickstarter campaign being run by Awesome Japan is shit. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few ways to immediately improve it massively:

1) Mark all current videos and images of Shenmue III clearly with "concept art/images" a la Bloodstained did.

2) Immediately tidy up the main Kickstarter page: clearly show the stretch goals at the top of the page, have relevant links to Shenmue history for new people to see what all the fuss is about, link the update videos on the main Kickstarter page so they're there for all to see clearly - I've been following the campaign religiously since the announcement, and I've only just stumbled upon the Shenmue III theme that was released a couple days ago by watching AdamKoralik's video. People are missing this stuff because the campaign is so badly laid out.

3) Put a huge, huge fucking header clearly stating that $10M is required to make the full Shenmue III that Yu Suzuki has envisioned. Make that abundantly clear to absolutely everyone, right away.

This is not to mention some of the cooler things like maybe ripping off the Bloodstained campaign even further, and adding "social media achievements" to it, unlocking new stretch goals for a certain amount of tweets, likes, views or whatever.

I appreciate the apology, thanks. Like I said, I'm not here to argue with anyone, so I apologise if my initial comments came across as confrontational. I should have worded it differently.

I can't say I disagree with any of that either. Those are some good ideas. Hopefully, we start to see some of those being implemented in the next few days. We definitely need to see this game reach as close to $10M as it can. If it doesn't, they better allow donations after the Kickstarter ends.

Reprise has received 2 thanks from: ElephantStone, Himuro
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

phpBB [video]

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Amir, Reprise
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby LucBu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:43 pm

Hey, just wanted to say, $10 million is completely possible. $10 million is absolutely possible.

Kickstarters begin with a huge surge and end with one. The low gradual middle period makes up about half of the overall funds. Shenmue's gains seem to have stablised at about $200,000 a day at the moment. Carry that across another 27 days and you end up at 8 million from where we are. Add the surge, it's 9 or 10. It's completely possible. It really is.

I'm also sure some people are waiting eagerly for their paychecks. If we can alleviate some of the bad press and set the record straight we can keep and carry this momentum onward. I'm putting in about £350 myself on payday, which is about $500. I'm sure others probably feel the same way. As long as we get strong reliable voices out there, setting the record straight, it will happen.

Some journalists and YouTubers command tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of followers. If there was ever a time to reach out now is that time. The sooner we fix these click baiters the longer and stronger will be the effect on the campaign. We can do this. We've been reaching out and keeping the faith all these years, that's what we do. We're Shenmue fans. We've always reached out and kept the faith. We've got this. This next month cannot topple us.

I also believe Yu is withholding goals so as not to set a bad taste in - so we don't feel like we're getting a diminished project if it doesn't go as far as he needs it to go. You could argue back and forth whether that's right or wrong but I'll trust Yu. Entirely possible he himself is not sure what he should include at what stages, as in what would feel like a complete game for that particular level/build/funding goal.

But it doesn't really matter to me to be honest. Whatever it is Yu has planned I trust him, I trust his philosophy. And I know that what he really wants is the whole nine yards, and that he deserves it, that $10 million. I cannot wait to see what Yu will show us of the next era of gaming. I really believe he can do that again.

LucBu has received 3 thanks from: Amir, Axm, The_Intruder
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:54 pm

It's too bad the tiers are so sparse. Just imagine if they had mock faux stone phoenix/dragon mirrors for $1000 each or more Shenmue Timex pieces or something. Basically one of a kind Shenmue merchandise you can't get anywhere else that will never be offered again. The kickstarter should be going all out bringing the big guns but it almost feels like it's phoning it in in the opportunities available.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Rakim
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby JohnBlack » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:59 pm

$200,000 a day at the moment

JohnBlack

Postby The_Intruder » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:03 pm

redline wrote: quick. everyone go out and buy lottery tickets

That's what I been doing.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby LucBu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:06 pm

JohnBlack wrote:
$200,000 a day at the moment

Then we'll just do all we can to bring it up. I've contacted two popular journalists who are writing on Shenmue right now. Contacted one or two YouTubers as well. Time to sleep.
LucBu

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:47 pm

The people who organised the tweetathon and that 500k group should all tweet like crazy at Pewdiepie. Nearly every game he does a video on spikes in sales like crazy. Every video he does gets about 5 million views.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby mue 26 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Sonikku wrote: It's too bad the tiers are so sparse. Just imagine if they had mock faux stone phoenix/dragon mirrors for $1000 each or more Shenmue Timex pieces or something. Basically one of a kind Shenmue merchandise you can't get anywhere else that will never be offered again. The kickstarter should be going all out bringing the big guns but it almost feels like it's phoning it in in the opportunities available.

No, forget all of that tat, as I saw someone on another forum mention, they should have made real tapes OF THIS FUCKING HEAVENLY JAM!! Shit, I would go fucking ape shit if they did that. Someone tweet them telling them to offer this please.

phpBB [video]
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:00 am

I honestly find it amazing how the fans here are seriously contemplating doubling their pledges, funneling more cash into Shenmue III.

This demand is one of a kind.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III