Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:49 am

This is something I came across in NeoGAF, worth spreading

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Twitter push to reach $10 Million! | #10MillionToShenmue

Postby chris1986 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:48 pm

10 mil is waaay to high, I doubt it will go that far, I'm just happy the game is getting made full stop, the campaign has already slowed down tremendously, I see it hitting 5 mil max and that's if we're lucky, I think song should know fans want this game and do the fucking rest, why they are trying to squeeze money out of fans is a mystery to me, just sort it out man.
chris1986
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:31 pm

If you guys really want to reach $10 million your best chance is the Pewdiepie guy. Guy has millions of followers.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Set12 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Riku Rose wrote: If you guys really want to reach $10 million your best chance is the Pewdiepie guy. Guy has millions of followers.

Most of whom are children.
Set12
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Some indie game he did a video of sold hundreds of thousands of copies after he did a video. I'm guessing those kids had money. Never watched a single video by the guy but he's the biggest youtube gamer out there and has more reach then all the people with 50,000 subs that everyone keeps trying to get on board.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Set12 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Some indie game he did a video of sold hundreds of thousands of copies after he did a video. I'm guessing those kids had money. Never watched a single video by the guy but he's the biggest youtube gamer out there and has more reach then all the people with 50,000 subs that everyone keeps trying to get on board.

I don't doubt that he has adults and teenagers in his audience as well - youtube videos do a lot to influence video game sales. I'm just saying it wouldn't be his whole audience.

I did a quick look but the group Game Grumps did a let's play on the first Shenmue so they could do the second one. They were involved in the Bloodstained KS as a 'youtube partner'.
Set12

Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Riku Rose wrote: If you guys really want to reach $10 million your best chance is the Pewdiepie guy. Guy has millions of followers.

I did message him a while ago, actually. It would be insane if he was already a Shenmue fan, but I suggested that he should do a Let's Play of the Shenmue games to raise awareness on the Kickstarter.

Though these mega-popular Youtubers get tons of messages each day, I'm not sure he will care (or even read the message).
But it's worth a try... I also contacted other popular Youtubers like theRadBrad and Markplier.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby James Brown » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Dunno if anyone can get in touch with Smosh, but weren't they the biggest channel on youtube? Recently Game Trailers Michael Phuber posted an E3 vid, and he bumped into a guy called Jovenshire and mentioned Shenmue to him and they both got very excited! Jovenshire does Smosh games and works with Smosh all the time. Not sure if that means we could convince any of them to help though?
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:53 pm

James Brown wrote: Dunno if anyone can get in touch with Smosh, but weren't they the biggest channel on youtube? Recently Game Trailers Michael Phuber posted an E3 vid, and he bumped into a guy called Jovenshire and mentioned Shenmue to him and they both got very excited! Jovenshire does Smosh games and works with Smosh all the time. Not sure if that means we could convince any of them to help though?

Like everything else, it's worth a try.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Thank you for the Unreported Facts image, Rikitatsu, I'm going to tweet it out.
Pewds isn't acknowledging any of the Shenmue requests, he's probably too overwhelmed with other messages or he just doesn't give a crap.
In regards to the KS, I think if we can get it to between $6-8 mill we would have done Yu proud.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

10 million? Wow, we are really talking about some cash now, thats 8 figures. I think it will take more than just Shenmue fans to achieve that goal, we need some people who are rich af to help reach that, and there would probably have to be some kind of royalties paid to who ever was going to front over a million dollars towards this by themselves, even if it is only like 2 or 3 percent of total profits. It will be a few more weeks before we will really know if thats a realistic goal here, but I honestly think someone like sony, or one of the other big investors for this needs to step up and match the fans money. Our bank accounts are nothing compared to someone like sony, even if they said they would match half of what the fans fund that would be a huge help. LIke even if we cant get the full 10 million like suzuki-san thinks can make the game as good as it can be, 6-8 million would be pretty close. It seems like a daunting task to ask of the fans to contribute 10 million, all of us want this game to be as high of quality as it possibly can be, and obviously budget is whats going to make that happen.

Still though, I think when the kick starter ends and they see and realize the demand and head count of who all is supporting this and how much money it has generated, i think that is when the big name investors will decide how much money they are actually going to throw at the project. there are what like less than 45,000 backers right now? That number needs to come waaayyyy up, first goal i think should be to get 100,000 ppl minimum to back this and then shoot for the stars after that. Its not just about money, head count I think is just as important, the people donating $5 are just as important as the people donating $500 in the eyes of the big investors because they want to know how many people will support and buy this game and I think they are looking at it as how ever much money the kickstarter makes is great, but I think if we can get the kickstarter to over 5 million and head count around 100K as I mentioned before that one of the bigger investors will throw more money at it.

We have to get these numbers up, on all fronts, I will be making my contribution later this month. I also want to watch and see what the kickstarter is going to look like in a few weeks, and see what other updates come along. This is a very crucial time for our game, and I think us as the fans need to tread carefully through the incoming waves of news and updates regarding the funding of the game and the kickstarter. We dont want a sub par game, we want a game at least the same quality and effort of the first 2 games, I think the fans deserve that but there is some figuring out that has to be done before that can happen. Big investors PLEASE throw us a bone at the end of the kick starter!!!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby elmatto » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:04 pm

My plan is to up my donation every paycheck.
I don't have a lot to give, but considering how much the game inspired me creatively...I wanna do as much as I can to help.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby KleWdSide » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:16 pm

The $2 million goal was already reached & they want even more?

Gimme a break. Sony, stop being cheap sons of bitches.
KleWdSide

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:17 pm

KleWdSide wrote: The $2 million goal was already reached & they want even more?

Not sure if serious... [-X
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
KleWdSide wrote: The $2 million goal was already reached & they want even more?

Not sure if serious... [-X

If community members and Shenmue fans are buying into this narrative, what's to say about the general public? This Sony-funding shenanigans have damaged the kickstarter, for real. And we need to work hard to clear that misunderstanding.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III