Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:55 pm

You don't even need a leader mate. Just 3 or 4 people make a schedule like I said and send it to all the top Shenmue fan places. I'll make a rough draft if you want and you can go from there.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Mystere » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:07 pm

We have a ton of great ideas rattling around, but I think Shenmue Dojo needs to get into war mode; this month is the culmination of all the Dojo has dreamed of for 14 years. We have ONE opportunity, so we really musn't waste it spunking out 100 different topics and getting lost in the noise.

Personally, I'm partial to temporarily closing every forum but Shenmue III / News so that all the Dojo's members are focused in one place. I know everyone's playing through Shenmue I and II right now, but I believe that in the absence of Awesome Japan being hands-on, we must be.

Sticky the best Kickstarter ideas (such as "$30 on the 3rd") and really throw the weight of the Dojo behind them -- put 'em up on the front page. Who cares about a Famitsu interview right now? The front page should be a rallying call.

If we can channel our enthusiasm into 4 - 5 common goals instead of 50 different ones, or set out an "official" timetable (like Riku Rose's) then we're getting somewhere. I think Dojo Admin / someone else needs to step in to oversee the community's efforts, put the goals up in lights and perhaps "direct" the Dojo a little. Decide what's relevant, what's achievable, and take the reigns.

If that sounds a little totalitarian, meh, so be it. This is Shenmue III and if we want to hit Yu's magic $10M (outrageously optimistic it may be), we need to get our arses in gear and channel our efforts!
Last edited by Mystere on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mystere has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alexironaek » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:08 pm

i agree that we need some organization and i second the campaign leader idea.
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby code l name » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Mystere wrote: We have a ton of great ideas rattling around, but I think Shenmue Dojo needs to get into war mode; this month is the culmination of all the Dojo has dreamed of for 14 years. We have ONE opportunity, so we really musn't waste it spunking out 100 different topics and getting lost in the noise.

Personally, I'm partial to temporarily closing every forum but Shenmue III and News so that all the Dojo's members are focused in one place. I know everyone's playing through Shenmue I and II right now, but I believe that in the absence of Awesome Japan being hands-on, we must be.

Sticky the best Kickstarter ideas (such as $30 on the 3rd) and really throw the weight of the Dojo behind them -- put them up on the front page. Who cares about a Famitsu interview right now? The front page should be a rallying call.

If we can channel our enthusiasm into 4 - 5 common goals instead of 50 different ones, or set out an "official" timetable (like Riku Rose's) then we're getting somewhere. This is where I think Dojo Admin / someone else needs to step in to oversee the community's efforts, put the goals up in lights and perhaps "direct" the Dojo a little. Decide what's relevant, what's achievable, and take the reigns.

If that sounds a little totalitarian, meh, so be it. This is Shenmue III and if we want to hit Yu's magic $10M (outrageously optimistic it may be), we need to get our arses in gear and channel our efforts!

I concur with a lot of the sentiments in this posting. We need leadership and for the community to galvanise and really come together in the next few weeks
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Riku Rose wrote: You don't even need a leader mate. Just 3 or 4 people make a schedule like I said and send it to all the top Shenmue fan places. I'll make a rough draft if you want and you can go from there.

I hear you, but your suggestion is buried among a thousand of them. Feel free to create a topic solely for it. Who are the 3 or 4 people? We need things to be running ASAP, so yes show me and everyone here the draft.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:10 pm

Why don't we create a poll of places to start, then just start flooding in coordination with it ?

I'm not too much up to date about gaming mass media.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Well I'll write a rough draft with a goal for each day but more detailed and spread out then my one before. Get the guy who made your sig to make this schedule into a catchy poster of some kind that can be sent to all the Shenmue pages out there. Then we just spread it out and watch what I'm calling Operation Warehouse 10 go into effect.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

shredingskin wrote: Why don't we create a poll of places to start, then just start flooding in coordination with it ?

I'm not too much up to date about gaming mass media.

We need candidates. Suggestions? Riku? Himuro?
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:14 pm

If it's not called warehouse N8 it isn't even worth it xD
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:15 pm

I would say that pewpewdie is the most important youtuber, I've seen the guy's page and he likes ducks.

We can flood him about making a shenmue II video about the duck races or spamming the "let's kick ass" duck gif.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Well I'll write a rough draft with a goal for each day but more detailed and spread out then my one before. Get the guy who made your sig to make this schedule into a catchy poster of some kind that can be sent to all the Shenmue pages out there. Then we just spread it out and watch what I'm calling Operation Warehouse 10 go into effect.

Consider the poster done. But I still strongly suggest the leader idea (it can be more than one). So I guess I'll go ahead and put you Riku as one for the polls (if it comes to that). Is that okay?
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LucBu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:18 pm

I'm going to talk to Maximilian and Matt from Maximilian Dood/Yo Videogames. They'd be able to help.

Also, this may sound stupid but celebirity endorsement sells. Maybe a tweet or two from a well known celeb about Shenmue might help? A donation from them perhaps.
LucBu

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:21 pm

I don't want to be in charge of anything.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:22 pm

I really think pewdiepie should be one of the first ones to be spammed, he did a "game about ducks" video, we'll just try to get something like "shenmue weirdest duck racing simulator WTF" or something like that. He's by far the most popular guy around, and we have an approach.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Dunno if this was posted before, but this is a VERY GOOD video for new comers, spread it!

phpBB [video]

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III