Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

Postby James Brown » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:53 am

BlueMue wrote: They have ticked off the 3,5 Million goal now. No new goals yet though. We gotta get to 4 Million fast!

They started off pretty vocal, think we had 10 updates in the first 4 days, but not heard them since the weekend. Hope they make some sort of acknowledgement today and try to do something to bring in more funding, it's started to get pretty stale...
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:55 am

It depends on where the team is based, who are handling g the Kickstarter. If it's US based, then they are just starting their working day Monday now.

But it had dried up a bit. I haven't gotten an email back about my donation. Kinda wonder if I ever will.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Jeff » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:13 am

Progress is slow now. The issue is marketing and visibility. I guarantee there are Shenmue fans that still have no idea this is even happening. Those who didn't watch E3 on a stream, check gaming news regularly, etc. This Kickstarter needs to get as much publicity to the mainstream as possible. Ask PS4 facebook page to post about the Kickstarter again, ask other FB pages to do so as well. Sega, RPG fan pages, etc. That's what we need to be focused on now.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby James Brown » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:16 am

Just feel like they should be completely vocal and active for the full 30 days, because every good sign of organization and answering questions and coming across as fans themselves will help bring more money in. This is the biggest thing to happen in not just our lives, but their lives aswell you'd have thought, Yu Suzuki is obviously devoted and shares our same emotions, and we can't stop talking about it...yet they seem to have taken a 2-3 day break :P...just how it comes across.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am

To be fair: They updated the FAQs today. 8-[
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby joka » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:01 pm

Jeff wrote:Progress is slow now. The issue is marketing and visibility. I guarantee there are Shenmue fans that still have no idea this is even happening. Those who didn't watch E3 on a stream, check gaming news regularly, etc. This Kickstarter needs to get as much publicity to the mainstream as possible. Ask PS4 facebook page to post about the Kickstarter again, ask other FB pages to do so as well. Sega, RPG fan pages, etc. That's what we need to be focused on now.

Any Shenmue fans out there that still don't know about this won't be reached by better marketing I don't think- this is not full blown game advertising after all The initial anouncement found its way into some major non-gaming media so in terms of visibility and reach you couldn't better than the e3 announcement without spending a fortune in my opinion.

Reaching those people who still don't know is more about word of mouth from fans/backers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby James Brown » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: To be fair: They updated the FAQs today. 8-[

Didn't even notice, and sure many wouldn't, they need to announce any updates, even if minor :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Jeff wrote: Progress is slow now. The issue is marketing and visibility. I guarantee there are Shenmue fans that still have no idea this is even happening. Those who didn't watch E3 on a stream, check gaming news regularly, etc. This Kickstarter needs to get as much publicity to the mainstream as possible.

Dojo staff are currently working on this. There are many former members of the Dojo who have not even logged in. We will be updating said members who hopefully still use the same email addresses they signed up with. Yama and Sean are currently organising this.

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:
Jeff wrote: Progress is slow now. The issue is marketing and visibility. I guarantee there are Shenmue fans that still have no idea this is even happening. Those who didn't watch E3 on a stream, check gaming news regularly, etc. This Kickstarter needs to get as much publicity to the mainstream as possible.

Dojo staff are currently working on this. There are many former members of the Dojo who have not even logged in. We will be updating said members who hopefully still use the same email addresses they signed up with. Yama and Sean are currently organising this.

This is a fantastic idea :D And hopefully it will help.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:35 pm

I think a lot of shenmue gamers stopped playing games long time ago.

Hopefully if they find this on not gaming media, it'll spark some good memories and back it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby scroeffie » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:57 pm

i live in the netherlands and have friends and facebook friends that want to help but they only have paypal
i also have allot of fam in marokko they also want the game but only have paypal
like i said do the math paypal + smartphone + tablet + pc + laptop =$$$$$$$
scroeffie
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:00 pm

They need to do an update with concept art explaining how the village will be expanded with the $4M. Otherwise people won't be hyped into the extra goals.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: scroeffie
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ys » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:There are many former members of the Dojo who have not even logged in. We will be updating said members who hopefully still use the same email addresses they signed up with. Yama and Sean are currently organising this.

Damn, I also want the privilege of a special customized e-mail from the Dojo. Just for the hell of it.

shredingskin wrote:I think a lot of shenmue gamers stopped playing games long time ago. Hopefully if they find this on not gaming media, it'll spark some good memories and back it.

They clearly forgot about a few of these :
Gon - Everyday, without neglect, to keep training
Dan - Be brave and stay calm to make the right decision
Jie - Judge yourself without conceit and do not show moves thoughtlessly
Yi - To act without hesitation, to do what is right

ys has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Yokosuka
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:20 pm