Somebody put up a Shenmue kickstarter banner on 4chan

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Somebody put up a Shenmue kickstarter banner on 4chan

Postby flip » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:56 am

Pretty awesome if you ask me. I think it's on a few more boards too.

flip has received 3 thanks from: Arm Wrestler, Hyo Razuki, Sonoshee
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Somebody put up a Shenmue kickstarter banner on 4chan

Postby flip » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:29 am

Sorry about the double post but what if we used this as inspiration for bigger and better places to advertise the kickstarter?

I know this might sound crazy but what about a fund to put up a billboard somewhere?

If you have any more ideas lets brainstorm.
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:32 am

Someone had one up on reddit the other day. Didn't get too many updates got buried behind other things.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby flip » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 am

How about a billboard like this?

http://www.outdoorbillboard.com/billboards/431333-nanzz-billboards-for-rent-in-redwood-city-ca

Wonder how quickly it could be put up.
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby wataro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 am

oh hi \:D/

thanks, I really wanted a screen grab of it !

I have paid for another 200k adserves for the duration of the campaign on /vg /vr and /jp

the stats for this separate campaign so far

Code: Select all
41,904 Impressions    153 Clicks    0.37% CTR

wataro has received 5 thanks from: Arm Wrestler, flip, Hyo Razuki, NeoShredder, shredingskin
wataro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:38 am

wataro wrote: oh hi \:D/

thanks, I really wanted a screen grab of it !

I have paid for another 200k adserves for the duration of the campaign on /vg /vr and /jp

the stats for this separate campaign so far

Code: Select all
41,904 Impressions    153 Clicks    0.37% CTR

Legend, great effort! Is in nly on the one page? Can it go on /v/ too?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:39 am

I wonder how much a Google ad would cost for a banner ad. I can get my wife to make some graphics. She's a graphic designer for a magazine.

EDIT

Also, in future ads do you think we should include something like "Be a part of video game history" as a call-to-action? We need something to entice people who don't know what a Shamoo is.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: flip
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby flip » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:44 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: I wonder how much a Google ad would cost for a banner ad. I can get my wife to make some graphics. She's a graphic designer for a magazine.

EDIT

Also, in future ads do you think we should include something like "Be a part of video game history" as a call-to-action? We need something to entice people who don't know what a Shamoo is.

That sounds like a great idea. Where else could we advertise though? It seems like most of the video gaming community knows about the kickstarter.
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby KidMarine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:48 am

flip wrote:
elfshadowreaper wrote: I wonder how much a Google ad would cost for a banner ad. I can get my wife to make some graphics. She's a graphic designer for a magazine.

EDIT

That sounds like a great idea. Where else could we advertise though? It seems like most of the video gaming community knows about the kickstarter.

Maybe the fact that Sony isn't funding and that it needs $10 million? Anything to combat the misinformation out there would be good.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:50 am

Amazing effort, thank you!

The only problem is that an ad can get people to visit the ks page, but then they see it is a fucking disaster and won't pledge. :(
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:53 am

maybe we could pay for some kind of advertising somewhere?
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:59 am

flip wrote:

EDIT

Some may know about it, but others may not have heard. I think about my teenage nephews. I doubt they've ever heard of Shenmue. Now they're not going to spend money because they're high school drop-outs and just play video games all day(Don't get me started.....). But even when they were in school they were constantly on Youtube watching the personalities and on Steam playing games. We could target Google Ads to display for video game fans. We can put in a budget per day and Google charges us per click. So if we say $50/day at $1/click the ads will display until 50 people click them.

We also need to contact as many of the personalities (who aren't too big that they won't even see our messages) and see if they will mention Shenmue. People like Pewdiepie and Markiplier get too many messages to ever read them all, so you're never going to get through to them. But the smaller ones might put in a plug.

EDIT
You know a really good ad might say "Preorder you copy today!" Because then they could donate $29 and get the digital download reserved.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby flip » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 am

elfshadowreaper wrote:
flip wrote:

EDIT

Some may know about it, but others may not have heard. I think about my teenage nephews. I doubt they've ever heard of Shenmue. Now they're not going to spend money because they're high school drop-outs and just play video games all day(Don't get me started.....). But even when they were in school they were constantly on Youtube watching the personalities and on Steam playing games. We could target Google Ads to display for video game fans. We can put in a budget per day and Google charges us per click. So if we say $50/day at $1/click the ads will display until 50 people click them.

We also need to contact as many of the personalities (who aren't too big that they won't even see our messages) and see if they will mention Shenmue. People like Pewdiepie and Markiplier get too many messages to ever read them all, so you're never going to get through to them. But the smaller ones might put in a plug.

EDIT
You know a really good ad might say "Preorder you copy today!" Because then they could donate $29 and get the digital download reserved.

The YouTube ads would be a great start.
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:28 am

Right now Youtube is running a deal where you get $100 in ad credits if you spend $25. I may end up doing this. If a few of us in the Dojo do this and we all have the same ad we should really be able to help the kickstarter. Any takers?

https://www.youtube.com/yt/advertise/
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:56 am

NeoShredder wrote: Someone had one up on reddit the other day. Didn't get too many updates got buried behind other things.

Scratch that, it's still live. Upvote!!

http://www.reddit.com/comments/3aqoj9/s ... ge_or_die/
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III