There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:57 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: If we're going to be negative, can we at least report actual facts? This type of thread lowers morale.

I agree with everything described in the above post, though. The fact they haven't even changed the layout of the main page is really annoying.

If we compare the Bloodstained Kickstarter to Shenmue 3's one side by side, Shenmue 3 already hit its lowest point with $31,704 early in the campaign period while Bloodstained hit $36,589 as its lowest around the half point period. One point to note though is that Bloodstained had from the very beginning a bigger "drawing power" to its name as it's at the same time a brand new IP and a familiar series, so it was easier to market to both old and new gamers.

But even having said that, there's no reason to be ENTIRELY negative about the current situation. If you look at the initial pledging days, you can see why Shenmue 3 broke all records. We are still in early stages of the campaign and Shenmue 3 managed to gather $3,591,739 within 9 days compared to $2,429,094 from Bloodstained in the same period. That's over a million! I attribute this to the fact we got to know Shenmue 3's ideal target ($10 Mil) and the relentless work done by all of us to help generate hype and gather funds, without the help from even the people behind the campaign (thanks Awesome Japan)! And we got YouTube celebrities like HappyConsoleGamer and Adam Koralik behind us too!

So if we keep this up, things will certainly turn around. Awesome Japan is already starting to listen to us, as they have implemented new stretch goals, reward tiers and finally built an official twitter page. It's still not the ideal, but we are certainly getting there. The Gods of Lucky Hit are with us!
Last edited by sand4fish on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sand4fish has received 3 thanks from: Himuro, mjq jazz bar, Reprise
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: There's No Reason For Negativity

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:00 pm

We need to stop freaking out, even if we get... Lets say $5M. They can still open the paypal option post KS for a year and gather those $10M.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: Anthony817
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mrandyk » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:03 pm

The campaign launch could have been handled better, but there really is no use pining over it now. We have over three weeks and the KS page should be very well primed for the final few days when we are going to make our final push. $6-7 million is still quite realistic if we can keep on this and the new reward tiers are added.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Postby Jeff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:04 pm

I'm open to another donation in 2016.

Jeff has received 2 thanks from: Anthony817, Himuro
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:05 pm

We can still voice our opinions though, be they negative, positive or neutral. Some people have legitimate concerns over Awesome Japan's credentials and ability to handle such a huge campaign. Then there's the fact that YSNet essentially need $10mil for us to get Shenmue III "proper".

I've never understood this need that people have - Shenmue fans in particular - to silence anything even slightly negative. It's almost like that dystopian society cliché where the big bad evil corporations lock up anyone who doesn't sing along to "Everything is Awesome". Comply or die n all that.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: ElephantStone, Raithos
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:13 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: We can still voice our opinions though, be they negative, positive or neutral. Some people have legitimate concerns over Awesome Japan's credentials and ability to handle such a huge campaign. Then there's the fact that YSNet essentially need $10mil for us to get Shenmue III "proper".

I've never understood this need that people have - Shenmue fans in particular - to silence anything even slightly negative. It's almost like that dystopian society cliché where the big bad evil corporations lock up anyone who doesn't sing along to "Everything is Awesome". Comply or die n all that.

I'm not opposed to negativity or criticism per se, but they should ideally be accompanied by facts (or being constructive in some way), otherwise we would be having bad publicity all over the media as it's happening now. It also might disrupt overall focus on the task at hand with low morale.
Last edited by sand4fish on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:15 pm

I'm not trying to silence anyone, if a fellow Shenmue bro or sister wants to challenge the Awesome Japan guys to a MMA cage fight... (with attendance and ppv profits going directly into Shenmue III fund). Go ahead, but to me some of the negativity seems over the top. I guess you also have to allow others to be have negativity towards your negativity.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:19 pm

We're not journalists or politicians though, are we? I don't moan about the bus being late then cite references and recorded data that prove why Stagecoach are shit. You just say "Fucking bus. Late. AGAIN!" then move onto the next thing: "Why the fuck does the bus always appear when I light my bleedin cig? BLARFGHHDDRTDYU!!!"

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Axm
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby KidMarine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:20 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: We need to stop freaking out, even if we get... Lets say $5M. They can still open the paypal option post KS for a year and gather those $10M.

This is what I hope they'll do. I'd happily keep donating.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Reprise » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:20 pm

sand4fish wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: We can still voice our opinions though, be they negative, positive or neutral. Some people have legitimate concerns over Awesome Japan's credentials and ability to handle such a huge campaign. Then there's the fact that YSNet essentially need $10mil for us to get Shenmue III "proper".

I'm not opposed to negativity or criticism per se, but they should ideally be accompanied by facts (or being constructive in some way), otherwise we would be having bad publicity all over the media as it's happening now. It also might disrupt overall focus on the task at hand with low morale.

I have to somewhat agree, although I do think the Kickstarter needs revising and criticism is partially warranted (they need to other some new reward tiers, release some kind of new info and do some marketing/promotion etc.), isn't this still one of the biggest Kickstarters in history? I mean, c'mon guys. It's not all as doom and gloom as some people are saying. If you ask some people, they'd act like it's a failure when it's one of the most successful Kickstarters in history.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby NismoZZzz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 pm

The negativity is just annoying honestly on all fronts whether here or in the comments of the Kickstarter. We're getting the game and the rest is just extra at this point. If they shot for 2 million then they clearly had a vision for that ahead of time. No clue why people are complaining. I'm ecstatic we are even getting it.

NismoZZzz has received 3 thanks from: MaxTheRabbit, mjq jazz bar, Reprise
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby spinksy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Yes yes yes!

We are getting Shenmue 3!!!

And Sony have helped make that happen!!

spinksy has received a thanks from: Reprise
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Reprise wrote:
sand4fish wrote:

I have to somewhat agree, although I do think the Kickstarter needs revising and criticism is partially warranted (they need to other some new reward tiers, release some kind of new info and do some marketing/promotion etc.), isn't this still one of the biggest Kickstarters in history? I mean, c'mon guys. It's not all as doom and gloom as some people are saying. If you ask some people, they'd act like it's a failure when it's one of the most successful Kickstarters in history.

Exactly.

If we were struggling to get up to $2 million at this point, I'd freak out. We aren't. We're on track to likely be the highest funded game kickstarter of all time. That's really awesome.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:38 pm

He's not trying to silence anyone or anything. He's trying to maintain morale.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: Mystere, Reprise
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:45 pm

See, I don't agree with that being relevant. Positivity, imo, means "oh, it doesn't matter, we're getting it anyway". Negativity leads to "not good enough, I want better, I want more!" And is that not the point of the stretch goals?

I dunno, as I say - again - it just comes down to perspective.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Shenmue III