A big Shenmue tweetathon event is coming on 27/6/2015

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

A big Shenmue tweetathon event is coming on 27/6/2015

Postby hazuki90 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Hello everyone,,

Shenmue 500K group on facebook are plannning a one-off seperate tweetathon event before the major one 3 July. This tweetathon will focus on a US celebrity icon Conan O'Brien to bring Shenmue to his late night show. Apparently this guy have a popular video game segment on his show where it reach over 1 millon viewers on youtube alone.

This is the original post on the group:

Since Shenmue 3 will only offer a true open world if $10 million funding is met, We need a new strategy to bring more money in the kickstarter campaign. I believe the only way to reach that kind of money is promote Shenmue in popular media such as TV shows. One example is Conan O'Brien late night show. He has his segment "Clueless gamer" which he talk and play video games. He also has a youtube channel and this segmen is very popular and reahes over a million viewers. To have him talk about the kickstarter will allow us to reach people that don't even know about the game and will bring more contributions to reach the strech goals. I mean we should at least reach 5 million to have the fully expansion of Baisha Village. Now the hard work is get Shenmue in his show and there are already fans posting on his Facebook page but there doesn't seem to be a much reaction. We need try hard and convince and producers to allow this to happen.

27/06/2015: CONAN O'BRIEN @teamcoco + NERDY ASSISTANT @BigBley, ALL DAY

Do you its worth it or better wait till 3rd of july?
hazuki90
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: A big Shenmue tweetathon event is coming on 27/6/2015

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Shenmue appearing on Clueless Gamer would be hilarious.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby hazuki90 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:16 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Shenmue appearing on Clueless Gamer would be hilarious.

Could you please explain to us (Non-US members) what is this show about and why it would be hilarious?
hazuki90

Postby KidMarine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:19 pm

I really don't see how this would generate more pledges. Conan would just make fun of Shenmue and that's it.

KidMarine has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:43 pm

I don't get the point in this or what it will achieve? Conan only covers newer games. The publishers pay for the games to appear on their show. It isn't like Conan just shows up and plays them.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:51 pm

The point behind Clueless Gamer is that he doesn't really play video games, so all the ridiculous tropes n clichés that we've all come to expect - and love, in some regards - he just looks at and thinks "wtf?" then proceeds to rip it to shreds. Well, maybe not to shreds, but still...

He doesn't do it to be malicious though, it's all clearly comedy, and it would give the Kickstarter a lot of publicity. It certainly wouldn't lose pledges, and it'd be a laugh. Although, tbh, I can see a lot if fans being butthurt over it if by some miracle he was to review the games.

Anyway, for those who've never seen any if em, they're all up on YouTube and relatively easy to find.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Himuro wrote: I don't get the point in this or what it will achieve? Conan only covers newer games. The publishers pay for the games to appear on their show. It isn't like Conan just shows up and plays them.

Exactly.
And let's be honest Shenmue's greatness is something that sinks in as you play for extended periods of time. Just showing small snippets of gameplay where Ryo talks to people or open drawers isn't gonna interest anyone, besides they will just laugh at the voice acting and the overly dramatic opening.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:03 pm

I would add pewdiepie and markiplier to the tweet. I can't seen Conan doing this because as others have said, it's an old game. I think it would be hilarious but I just don't think it'll work. It's even a long shot for pewdiepie and markiplier but I think they'd be more likely to do it.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Clueless Gamer would be awesome, but I agree with Himuro on this. His endorsement for Shenmue 3 won't come cheap at all, but if we are doing this we'd get better chances pleading the case directly with his second on command for that segment of the show, Aaron Bleyaert.

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:07 pm

I'd be willing to watch a PewDiePie video on Shenmue. So long as he gets shot in the face at some point. The other guy seems more viable though. He's pretty emotional from what I've seen so he'd fit the bill perfectly.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: myshtuff
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Return to Shenmue III