There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Himuro wrote:Even Yama was on the brink of giving up and merging the forum with BioHaze.

:lol:
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:48 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:
Himuro wrote:Even Yama was on the brink of giving up and merging the forum with BioHaze.

:lol:

However, I think it's fair and important to note, that without the positive Shenmue fans who didn't give up years ago, we wouldn't have gotten this Kickstarter or a resurgence we are having now without them pushing Sony and getting Shenmue III to the top of their Most Wanted list.

Himuro has received 4 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, Mystere, NeoShredder, Yokosuka
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby rome » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:52 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: First post I made was how everyone can post their own opinions, be they positive, negative or neutral. Clearly I'm too one track minded and need to accept the fact that only positive opinions are welcome in this particular topic.

Has anyone got a relevant facepalm pic they can post for me?

rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Re: There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Peter has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, myshtuff
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Mystere » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:58 pm

New topic title is better. ;-)

Himuro wrote:That much is true about some Shenmue fans historically being positive to the point of naivete. But I never thought it was ever really enforced in our community.

This. I think there's a world of difference from gag-inducing blind optimism (certain 'other' Shenmue groups come to mind) and the Dojo. We've always been a fairly grounded community and if someone wants to be positive, or negative, it's their right; but the direction this topic took is the perfect demonstration of which is more pervasive. As in life.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

Postby Yama » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Ugh, wut? Why in the world would I merge two sites that are series specific yet unrelated? That was never a possibility and makes no sense branding wise. Worked my ass off for years making this place Shenmue centric again and nearly got hung for it, knew it'd be worth it one day.

Mittens was kidding, since when did anyone take him that seriously? LoL

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:21 pm

I would say the main thing we should stop doing is comparing Shenmue and BloodStained Kickstarters. BloodStained aka Castlevania is a more well known game than Shenmue. There are many Castlevania/Metroidvania style games out that gamers have played them religiously. The success of Bloodstained kickstarter was inevitable, not just because of the brand, but of the organization of the overall stretch goals. Iga-San had the correct approach for his kickstarter, I believe Shenmue was rushed into a kickstarter without a true identity or plan. Its just like "Hey game world here is Shenmue III." Its not a household name.

10 Million isn't impossible to reach for this project, but the tide of this KS must turn from now on.

*Kenshin Himura* has received a thanks from: Mr357
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Yama wrote:

Ugh, wut? Why in the world would I merge two sites that are series specific yet unrelated? That was never a possibility and makes no sense branding wise. Worked my ass off for years making this place Shenmue centric again and nearly got hung for it, knew it'd be worth it one day.

Mittens was kidding, since when did anyone take him that seriously? LoL

:D

You fell for it, Yama-sama. :rotflmao:
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:39 pm

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: I would say the main thing we should stop doing is comparing Shenmue and BloodStained Kickstarters. BloodStained aka Castlevania is a more well known game than Shenmue. There are many Castlevania/Metroidvania style games out that gamers have played them religiously. The success of Bloodstained kickstarter was inevitable, not just because of the brand, but of the organization of the overall stretch goals. Iga-San had the correct approach for his kickstarter, I believe Shenmue was rushed into a kickstarter without a true identity or plan. Its just like "Hey game world here is Shenmue III." Its not a household name.

10 Million isn't impossible to reach for this project, but the tide of this KS must turn from now on.

I don't think it's possible not to compare both as they are the most high profile titles to ever come to the Kickstarter, which is usually place for small indie projects. Besides, Shenmue 3 had the advantage to be announced at probably the biggest game conference in the world, and that's no small feat for a non-household name.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:34 pm

^Sorry to say it, but Castlevaina's following is way bigger than Shenmue's. Even though presented on a grand scale at E3 it didn't take advantage. Too many heavy hitters were presented before Shenmue. FFVII Remake, Street Fighter V, Last Guardian, etc... Kinda hard to steal the crowd with a game thats been missing in action for 14 years. There were a lot of cheers and applauds but I believe majority of them had no clue what Shenmue was.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Well, it broke the Guinness Record and it's still ahead of Bloodstained in terms of money pledged if we compared them side by side within the 10 days of the campaign's period.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Which is why it's so disheartening to think it could be doing a lot better. *sigh*.....

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: sand4fish
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby bikingjehuty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Shenmue is well on its way to earning at the very minimum 6-million by the end of the campaign. I have no doubt that it will beat Bloodstained's amount and will become the most funded KS video game campaign.

The pledges have slowed down significantly, especially over the past couple of days, but this is the case with all major KS campaigns. The last 48-hours will see a huge spike in backers and pledges.

ALSO, Suzuki San released an official statement about the funding of the game which ought to put a lot of the BS news outlets spreading misinformation in their place and bring some people back in.

ALSO!!!! New funding tiers and stretch goals will be hitting soon and will likely entice current backers and new backers to join the fray.

Honestly, I can see Shenmue 3 hitting 10-million, but a lot of this depends on us as fans and also Ys Net getting their shit together with the actual campaign because so far it has been half assed to say the least.
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:08 pm

At first I was thinking that it would pretty disheartening if the campaign didn't beat out Bloodstained, given how long we've been waiting for this game and the fact we finally get to put out money where our mouths are. However, I don't think it's a simple comparison between the popularity of Shenmue or Castlevania, but more of the fact that Bloodstained is coming out for multiple consoles. Any gamers with only an Xbone or Wii U will most likely decide to not back the kickstarter, which is a huge audience and limits the amount of potential funding you can get through Kickstarter. I think considering that, the SIII kickstarter can be seen as a huge success, even if it doesn't beat out Bloodstained. (But of course, for bragging rights I'd rather we'd be able to pass the total funding!)
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 pm

We are going to beat it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist