Feminism

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Feminism

Postby Shenmuedabest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Here it is!

Surprised it's not here already but fuck it lets start talking about it innit.

So, what say you? Do you agree with what women say about the glass ceiling effect? Personally, in all employments I've been in it's never been an issue, that's not to say it doesn't happen but I've never seen it exist. I believe in feminism, but only on the scale of everyone being equal, and that's what feminists bleat on about all the time; "we only want everything to be level". Well... why don't we call it humanism... or equalism? It's because a number of feminists don't want that, they are keen to be above males, and it doesn't matter whether they're legitimately better, but because they've got a vagina in the 21st century that automatically makes them better than you. Try picking up something heavy. What? Can't do it? Make me a fucking sandwich.

mue26 is exempt from replying to this topic as he doesn't have prior experience with teh femz

Shenmuedabest has received 7 thanks from: AM2, MiTT3NZ, Mr357, OL, Raithos, SickOctopus, silent killer
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Re: Feminism

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Since I'm not a cunt I think everyone deserves equal rights. The women who preach about feminism non stop and point a finger and accuse everything of being sexist are doing more harm then good. It can be tough on a minority group but I think the best way to combat stuff like sexism and racism is show people that you can be a productive member of society. Not by pissing everyone off by protesting something like page 3 that only about two thousand people in the UK had a problem with.

If a woman can't laugh when you tell her to make a sandwich in a clearly sarcastic way they just show they're about as much fun as fucking a mouse trap.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: GoldenLotus
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Yeah, I've never been in a job that's had that either. I suppose it's the higher up the corporate ladder you go, but if you're looking to climb that, you deserve to fall off it and break your neck anyway. Cunts.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Jeff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:36 pm

The attack on manspreading. That's feminism gone amok. A man can't even let his fuzzy nuggets breathe. It's destroying the foundations of society and can be blamed for many of the problems we have today.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Shenmuedabest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Since I'm not a cunt I think everyone deserves equal rights. The women who preach about feminism non stop and point a finger and accuse everything of being sexist are doing more harm then good. It can be tough on a minority group but I think the best way to combat stuff like sexism and racism is show people that you can be a productive member of society. Not by pissing everyone off by protesting something like page 3 that only about two thousand people in the UK had a problem with.

If a woman can't laugh when you tell her to make a sandwich in a clearly sarcastic way they just show they're about as much fun as fucking a mouse trap.

I love that image on the Internet that depicts different religions; "thou shalt not blah blah blah... etc", whereas the Buddhist one is simply "Don't Be A Cunt".

MiTT3NZ wrote: Yeah, I've never been in a job that's had that either. I suppose it's the higher up the corporate ladder you go, but if you're looking to climb that, you deserve to fall off it and break your neck anyway. Cunts.

Its a fabrication mate. I don't know anyone that can say that this glass ceiling shit is prevalent. My last permanent role had 3 different women as the head honchos. Highly paid job and that (they were proper bulldog chewing wasp types though)
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Shenmuedabest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:43 pm

Jeff wrote: The attack on manspreading. That's feminism gone amok. A man can't even let his fuzzy nuggets breathe. It's destroying the foundations of society and can be blamed for many of the problems we have today.

Giving your nutsack a good waft in the office is not the best of ideas.
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Calshot » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:52 pm

If you're a feminist who's fighting for basic human rights for women in ass-backwards countries that don't have them, or you're fighting against a serious problem like domestic violence, then you have my respect.

If you keep talking about the debunked wage gap myth, put "trigger" before anything you write, and use the word "rape" describe things outside the legal definition (that guy looked at me funny--he totally raped me), then you probably have a gender studies degree, a keyboard, and too much time on your hands.

This is Malaya Joya. She ran a clinic and school for girls back when that could get you killed by the Taliban. She later went on to speak out against former warlords joining Parliament. She's had many death threats and attacks on her person.

This is Melody Hensley. She claims she got PTSD from cyber-bullying. She says her PTSD is on the same level as war veterans.

One of these women is a feminist. The other is a "social justice warrior" feminist. Can you guess which one is which?

Calshot has received 10 thanks from: Avon, Axm, Bambi, Kenny, MiTT3NZ, Mr357, OL, Raithos, Rakim, silent killer
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Calshot, I don't know who Melody Hensley is or anything about her, but trivializing someone else's pain and suffering is a completely dickish thing to do. Calling anyone a "social justice warrior" also makes you comes across as a complete tool, I'm sorry, it just has that effect, so I hope you are aware and don't ever say it in the real world. What does it even mean? I've honestly never seen that expression used by anyone else except unjustifiably angry videogame forum members.

And in what world has the wage gap been "debunked"? It's well reported by any reputable source that in both your country and mine, there is a very real wage gap.

I don't care about stuff like page 3, or about the word "cunt" (as it's not gender specific anymore), but pretending that sexism doesn't exist in our societies and is only relegated to "ass backwards counties" is an exercise in willful ignorance.

Qwerty, feminism is such a big thing, and so obviously there are going to some extreme schools of supposedly feminist thought. It's the same within any large movement. As for the name, well, it's about advocating the freedom of women so I think it's appropriate.

And as for Riku's "just ignore the racism and sexism and try to be a good member of society" stance, yeah, like that will change anything.

Yeah I'm a 30 plus year old virgin and what

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Yukupo
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:33 pm

mue 26 wrote:And as for Riku's "just ignore the racism and sexism and try to be a good member of society" stance, yeah, like that will change anything.

Please point out where I said racism and sexism should be ignored.

Honestly if I was a virgin at 30 years old though I'd just pay for it and get it over with.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby santino » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:35 pm

all this Marxist mumbo jumbo is being used by the mainstream media to distract the population from the fact that our U.S. tax dollars are being spent on worldwide death machines, our banking and financial systems are completely fucked and our constitutional rights are being destroyed / ignored.

the fact is the far majority of people aren't sexist or racist or any of that crap.

alright goodnight I'm done

santino has received 3 thanks from: Axm, GoldenLotus, Mr357
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:38 pm

Oddly enough, I know a guy I went to school with who became a feminist SJW. Yeah you read that right, a GUY. It was so fucking weird. Literally one day he started being a feminist SJW. I was so confused. Being his friend I decided to hear him about, but man it was too late. He literally felt bad for being a white male and every conversation turned into the white man being the worst people imaginable. Needless to say, I do not talk to him as much anymore.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:42 pm

the best way to combat stuff like sexism and racism is show people that you can be a productive member of society

Well the fact you think this is the best way to combat it did suggest that to me, Riku. Being a productive member of society won't stop people exploiting you, and discriminating against you.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Riku Rose wrote:Honestly if I was a virgin at 30 years old though I'd just pay for it and get it over with.[/color]

Just by suggesting he do that you should be arrested as an accessory in an attempted rape. Typical male savage.

Rakim has received 4 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Mr357, OL, silent killer
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Eh, I honestly just think everyone takes everything too seriously nowadays. People aren't happy unless they're mad about something.
Feminism is great when it's advocating beneficial equality and whatnot (although, similar to what Qwert mentioned, I think something like "humanism" is a more apt term), but the grand majority of times I see it pop up, it's people whining about how movies or videogames or other pieces of inconsequential fabrication aren't portraying women properly, as if this is something we all need to protest and get mad about. It's all taken way too far overboard nowadays, to the point that just about any mention of "feminism" or "sexism" in a headline just makes me roll my eyes.

Rakim wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:Honestly if I was a virgin at 30 years old though I'd just pay for it and get it over with.[/color]

Just by suggesting he do that you should be arrested as an accessory in an attempted rape. Typical male savage.

:lol:
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:01 pm

OL wrote: Eh, I honestly just think everyone takes everything too seriously nowadays. People aren't happy unless they're mad about something.
Feminism is great when it's advocating beneficial equality and whatnot (although, similar to what Qwert mentioned, I think something like "humanism" is a more apt term), but the grand majority of times I see it pop up, it's people whining about how movies or videogames or other pieces of inconsequential fabrication aren't portraying women properly, as if this is something we all need to protest and get mad about. It's all taken way too far overboard nowadays, to the point that just about any mention of "feminism" or "sexism" in a headline just makes me roll my eyes.

Rakim wrote:

:lol:

People getting "triggered" is their inability to deal with disagreement of opinions like a grownup. So instead of disagreeing and being civil they literally need to prevent anyone else from having an opinion different than their own. Its like the idea of debate is considered bad nowadays.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: OL
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar

Next

Return to Off Topic