Feminism

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Feminism

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:04 pm

mue 26 wrote:
the best way to combat stuff like sexism and racism is show people that you can be a productive member of society

Well the fact you think this is the best way to combat it did suggest that to me, Riku. Being a productive member of society won't stop people exploiting you, and discriminating against you.

You're assuming a little too much as you always do. I'm saying that proving yourself as someone who offers just as much to the world as everyone else does a lot for helping whatever minority group you're a part of.

The Cosby Show (Well before this Bill Cosby shit) showed that a hard working black family was no different to any other family in America, the dad was a doctor who everyone respected and had a lot of time for. I didn't see a single episode where they point their fingers at the white man. Every episode showed a black family that wasn't any different to the rest of America. This was a positive representation of how black people play a part in our world and it became one of the most popular shows on TV. Over time these positive representations do a lot for the minority's in the everyday world as they become more common. As OL said, when people get a bee in their bonnet over every little issue 99% of the world rolls their eyes and it get's no one anywhere.

I didn't say anywhere that people should take racist or sexist abuse. The way you always try to point the finger at the white man just makes you racist and sexist yourself. I don't care if you're a white male yourself, all I ever see is you trying to paint your own race and sex in a negative light. If anyone else did what you do to a minority group you would be the first to call them racist or sexist.
Last edited by Riku Rose on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Outlawstar98 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:06 pm

I get annoyed with it honestly. Sure equal right are fine and dandy but not when you attack and ask for more than equality. I tend to stay away from these conversations because its quite annoying.

Then again its these online SJW bloggers that are causing more harm than good.
Outlawstar98
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: outlawstar98
Steam: outlawstar98
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: EVERYTHING

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:16 pm

I'm saying that proving yourself as someone who offers just as much to the world as everyone else does a lot for helping whatever minority group you're a part of.

Racism is much deeper rooted and harder to remove than this. Racists much more often than not, will not be swayed or changed by the fact that you are good, hard working person. Believing that racism or sexism can successfully be combated by mainly be a good person is a bit naive. But yeah, sure it helps a bit.

The way you always try to point the finger at the white man just makes you racist and sexist yourself

Can you find me an example when I have ever unfairly pointed my finger, mate?

Also I still see people going on about "SJWs" :lol: What is a SJW? And why is it only people on game forums use this ridiculous term? It's embarrassing,
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:19 pm

SJW means Social Justice Warrior. Basically it means doing whatever absolutely possible to shame the white man and bring light to every single instance of minor to major injustice that has ever happened to every minority or female. Also keep in mind most people who are SJWs are in fact white hipsters and not of a minority.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:22 pm

It's a stupid expression used by stupid people, no offense.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:22 pm

mue 26 wrote:Can you find me an example when I have ever unfairly pointed my finger, mate?

mue 26 wrote:And as for Riku's "just ignore the racism and sexism and try to be a good member of society" stance, yeah, like that will change anything.

Trying to make it sound like I said minority's should ignore abuse.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:25 pm

You said the best way to combat sexism or racism is to "be a productive member of society"...
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:25 pm

Equal, absolutely. The same, absolutely not. Men and women are inherently different. That is not a bad thing for either.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: OL
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:26 pm

but ok, Riku, fair enough, sorry for my assumption, any other instance since it's all you see me do?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:28 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: Men and women are inherently different.

How? The only differences are arbitrary biological ones.
Last edited by mue 26 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Egalitarianism is a more apt definition that encompasses all humans.

Feminism to me was always about equality with the focus being on women, but that being said it's looking for inequality where a woman is certainly as efficient at something as her male equivalent. Yet if an injustice is done to a male, some of these outspoken feminists are pretty indifferent or uncaring about it. As said before, it's not promoting female equality...it's promoting female supremacy. They should be relabeled as female supremacists.

And I find it funny that people try the ol' scotsman's fallacy concerning feminism when it doesn't even apply at all. In other news, no true black person would refuse chicken and grape soda.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:30 pm

As I white person I love fried chicken and grape soda.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:30 pm

Mue... Do you actually know people? As in humans that inhabit the same space as you. You just seem so... it's like you're some intergalactic explorer from the future that's read mistranslated textbooks on us and now you're trying to talk us about life on Earth.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Raithos
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:31 pm

myshtuff wrote: As I white person I love fried chicken and grape soda.

NO TRUE WHITE PERSON EATS CHICKEN AND DRINKS GRAPE SODA

Go back to eating granola bars, whitey.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS