Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

Postby bikingjehuty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:27 pm

I guess my question for all the people saying that the complaining about Shenmue 3 is justified is, do you actually think Yu would have ever agreed or wanted to make this game in any way if he knew the resources available to him could only result in a mediocre or shit game?

I am 100% certain that the answer is no, but maybe others will disagree with me. Yu seems just as passionate about this series as we are as fans, and when he came up with the 2-million minimum funding I'm sure he knew he could make a game all of us fans would love, even with such a relatively small amount. I want to see more in the game, as do all of you, and so does Suzuki San, but even given the current amount of funding I'm sure we'll get a great game.

bikingjehuty has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, PacemaŜinobo
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby bikingjehuty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:29 pm

myshtuff wrote: Its an odd predicament. For older retro games I wanted physical copies, but I have 200+ games on steam that I couldn't care less about having the box.

And honestly this KS campaign is not about whether we get this game digitally or physically. It is about making a game happen and making it all it can be. People who are whining about no physical PS4 version are not true fans imo, at least if the is the reason they are holding back from pledging is because of this despite wanting this game to come out for any period of time.
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:30 pm

bikingjehuty wrote:
myshtuff wrote: Its an odd predicament. For older retro games I wanted physical copies, but I have 200+ games on steam that I couldn't care less about having the box.

And honestly this KS campaign is not about whether we get this game digitally or physically. It is about making a game happen and making it all it can be. People who are whining about no physical PS4 version are not true fans imo, at least if the is the reason they are holding back from pledging is because of this despite wanting this game to come out for any period of time.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they aren't true fans, but I for sure think its a very ridiculous thing to withhold a pledge for.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:30 pm

A message to anyone whining about a physical copy, go ask anyone out there who has bought an iOS or Android game for their device about their feelings on having a physical copy, then come back and talk to me about not donating because you won't get a disc and a case.

Idiots.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, myshtuff
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yama » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:49 pm

No excuse for anyone not pledging due to no PS4 physical being announced at this time, agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yama has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, Sonoshee
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby NismoZZzz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:56 pm

If a physical PS4 releases, which I presume will at launch, I will pick it up then. Until then, I am fine with a physical PC copy and PS4 digital copy. It's not the end of the world.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 pm

I don't care if I get no game as a reward, just give me a fucking replica mirror! Made of marble! With a proper gemstone in the middle! Or, y'know, just a PS4 with a copy of Arkham Knight, I'm kinda easy to please like that.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby mindcrime » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:31 pm

I did feel a bit sad when I couldn't find any mention of a physical PS4 release, but to even consider letting something like that stop me from pledging... after 14 agonizing years...

Not a chance!

If a physical PS4-release is announced later I will buy that as well - without hesitation. If it's not... well... life goes on. Even if I'm not a fan of digital copies, I'll still be able to finally play Shenmue III and that is - by far - the most important thing for me.

mindcrime has received a thanks from: BayStone
mindcrime
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby joka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:30 am

Was tempted not to comment on this as it's kinda airing more negativity about negativity! o_O

I get the frustration on both sides but as soon as it hit $2m and it was definitely happening it became a dream come true to finally continue the saga- everything else is just a bonus.

joka has received 3 thanks from: NismoZZzz, Reprise, Yama
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:59 am

I can accept people not pledging if someone only has an Xbone or something, but this had to be the most torturous wait for a sequel in video game history - so C'MON, Y'ALL!
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

Postby Yama » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:18 am

Tomato Convenience Store wrote:I can accept people not pledging if someone only has an Xbone or something, but this had to be the most torturous wait for a sequel in video game history - so C'MON, Y'ALL!

Some random, sure. But not a Shenmue fan, no. There is no price or limit as to what we'd buy in order to play this game. Anyone who calls themselves a fan harping over minor details is poison and should go away immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yama has received a thanks from: Reprise
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby life_247 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:22 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: It'd be interesting to see what percentage of this forum has actually backed the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it's under 25%. Lots of talk, little action. I already saw someone claim he won't pledge because he's anti-Kickstarter. Whaaaaaaaatever.

I am anti-kickstarter but am breaking my rules (once payday rolls round Im assuming it makes no difference when I throw my cash on the pile) but there are serious flaws with the Kickstarter model.

A lot of people on here assume everyone will do simply whatever is asked of them to fund Shenmue, thats not fair. Many people have tight budgets and have to be wise with their money, furthermore many are apposed to funding the game with little in return other than the game and some trinkets. There's also no oversight, no guarentee that this wont be another white elephant in the Shenmue series (Shenmue Online, Shenmue City) you are simply giving your money to Yu - who is simply promising to give you Shenmue III at somepoint.

So while im thrilled that Shenmue 3 is looking like reality for the first time in 10+ years and very excited - Im also concerned. This isn't a little indie game, its a full on AAA game by industry professionals with industry backing here and there (I appreciate why Sony can't/don't want to fund the game - its unlikely to turn much profit) so I fully appreciate peoples reluctance to pledge money.

We can be huge fans of the game while dissaproving of the buisness model can't we?
life_247
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:30 am

It honestly doesn't surprise me.

People clamoring for a mobile version "just to get it over with" would then be complaining it's not like the older entries should it have actually been announced that way. People will whine if they don't get it and complain when they do.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Thief » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:37 am

I swear people care more about cardboard and plastic than they do about actual games anymore. Fuck the PS4 and fuck your physical copy.

Thief has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ConanTheKing » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:44 am

Thief wrote: I swear people care more about cardboard and plastic than they do about actual games anymore. Fuck the PS4 and fuck your physical copy.

I agree, it should not be a deal breaker for anyone, this is an indie game as far as I am aware and they rarely have a physical release.

It seems like a minor point to get caught up on.

ConanTheKing has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III