5 m is not enough

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: 5 m is not enough

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:02 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if some fans decide to remake S1 and parts of 2 as well. Some of the fans on here and elsewhere have done work towards that in the past.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:13 pm

yesteryeargames wrote: If they had it coming to xbox one it would be over 5 million by now , I hope sony are paying millions for this , if not im pretty annoyed on the lost out potential xbox user funds .

Microsoft had plenty of opportunities to revive the franchise and could have even done it in co-operation with Yu the same way Sony is doing it now with support and advertising; but ultimately, they decided not to. That's fine, but then nothing can be said when it doesn't come out on the Xbox One. Sony have given Yu the chance he deserves, not MS. Cut them some slack.

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, mjq jazz bar
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Himuro wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: maybe in truth the money sony is putting up to have it only on ps4 is a lot better than anything the xbox fans or ms would have put up to have the game on the xbox. I

Pretty sure Sony isn't fronting that much money. The truth of the matter is that Yu has a lot of friends at Sony and they helped make this possible. MS hasn't been as supportive.

Well it's hard to discuss since those numbers won't ever be out any time soon if ever. I'm sure it's more than a couple of million though. I don't see how the game would be mad at all if not..

There would be no reason for Yu to accept such an offer less tha 2 million as well. It would be hard to make the game with those constraints of less than 5 million (ks goal of 2) sony at 2... I'd imagine sony is putting in at the very least 5 millon, mabe they are offering to put in 10 if the KS reaches 10. Deals like this happen all the time, it's very possible and maybe a reason Yu is hoping to get 10 ... but that's all just obvious speculation on my part.

It's not unheard of for a publisher to offer a developer more money if their game reaches a certain meta score or sales nmber.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Himuro » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: maybe in truth the money sony is putting up to have it only on ps4 is a lot better than anything the xbox fans or ms would have put up to have the game on the xbox. I

Pretty sure Sony isn't fronting that much money. The truth of the matter is that Yu has a lot of friends at Sony and they helped make this possible. MS hasn't been as supportive.

Well it's hard to discuss since those numbers won't ever be out any time soon if ever. I'm sure it's more than a couple of million though. I don't see how the game would be mad at all if not..

There would be no reason for Yu to accept such an offer less tha 2 million as well. It would be hard to make the game with those constraints of less than 5 million (ks goal of 2) sony at 2... I'd imagine sony is putting in at the very least 5 millon, mabe they are offering to put in 10 if the KS reaches 10. Deals like this happen all the time, it's very possible and maybe a reason Yu is hoping to get 10 ... but that's all just obvious speculation on my part.

It's not unheard of for a publisher to offer a developer more money if their game reaches a certain meta score or sales nmber.

My point is that MS likely has came to him, while he has negotiating power in Sony since he has so many friends there. After the success of the KS initial day, they [MS] are likely to give him a deal for it to appear on Xbox One as well.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby NismoZZzz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Another thread for this? Mods can we lock them up. This is getting out of hand. Clearly if the goal was 2 million then they had something in mind to be safe and mindful. Now they're playing catch up due to the interest! It's that simple.

NismoZZzz has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:09 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: There are so many noobs on the forums that have no idea what they are talking about :lol:

Peter wrote: We don't wanna go down the road of censorship though. Everyone has an opinion. Even muppet babies.

:rotflmao:

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: NismoZZzz
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby elmatto » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: There are so many noobs on the forums that have no idea what they are talking about :lol:

Peter wrote: We don't wanna go down the road of censorship though. Everyone has an opinion. Even muppet babies.

:rotflmao:

phpBB [video]
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to Shenmue III