The Elusive Gold Dural

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

The Elusive Gold Dural

Postby bishopcruz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:01 pm

Ok, this is driving me insane. I have been trying to get the gold dural figure for in game weeks now:

I currently have:

4 Silver Durals
5 Happi Yukawas
9 Suit Yukawa's
20 or so total 4th prizes.

And have nearly completed the truck and coupe collections without ever going to the machines at the docks.

What are the odds for getting this damn thing? This is ridiculous! I'm about ready to ask for a GS code for it, and it alone. Sigh.
bishopcruz
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: The Elusive Gold Dural

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:05 pm

No BS, I actually got the Gold Dural the first time I bought something from the Abe Store. I had no idea how rare it even was. It's like a 1 in 400 chance of getting it. I wish my luck was that great on the lottery.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Phong
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby bishopcruz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:08 pm

1 in 400? That's insane! Is there a list somewhere which shows the odds?
bishopcruz

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:45 pm

bishopcruz wrote: 1 in 400? That's insane! Is there a list somewhere which shows the odds?

1 in 400 is for the Abe Store (http://shenmue.wikia.com/wiki/Abe_Store)

It would be worth checking if the odds are any better in other stores via the Shenmue wiki :)
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:43 pm

I tried for ages back in 2000-01 to get the 2 Saturn games. I only got them during my very last save of the game right before the end of the story. My friends and I would buy so many things at the Tomato Store and the chances are pretty slim for those rare items.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby Mr357 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:01 am

I have yet to win a gold Dural, but every time I buy the potato chips I win something. I got both of the Yukawa figures and a "rare" capsule toy.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby bishopcruz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:38 am

Yeah, pretty much giving up because of when I want to start Shenmue 2. Tried again on New Year's and nothing. I have wasted WAY too much time and money trying to get the damn thing. I wish I could find a gameshark code for ONLY that particular toy. I ain't too proud, and seriously those odds are ridiculous. I have FOUR silvers for crying out loud.

Then again RNG hates me sometimes. I have a herd of chicken legs and I STILL have yet to get a Solo-Wing. It also took me forever to get Jacky 2.
bishopcruz

Postby Anthony817 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:44 am

All I can tell you is to keep at it. Just try to zone out one day and pick the raffle out at different random times. Keep at it and you will get it. Count to 3, 4 and 5 seconds each time. Just keep timing it differently.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby bishopcruz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 am

Appreciate the tips, but I have kinda stalled my playthrough for several days already trying to get this thing. If I have to hear "You should have come Yesterday!" one more time I may turn to murder. Heh. It really is hellish though, with that low probability, the chances of ever seeing one are damned slim.

bishopcruz has received a thanks from: Anthony817
bishopcruz

Postby Anthony817 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:06 am

Haha, I hear that man. Yeah the gambling parts of this game can be quite fucking nerve wracking. Other than starting with a modded or hacked save there is not much else to do. As you can see in my post above it took forever in a day for me to even legitimately get the Saturn games. And that was back in 2000 or so.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby drunkensailor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:26 am

bishopcruz wrote: Ok, this is driving me insane. I have been trying to get the gold dural figure for in game weeks now:

I currently have:

4 Silver Durals
5 Happi Yukawas
9 Suit Yukawa's
20 or so total 4th prizes.

And have nearly completed the truck and coupe collections without ever going to the machines at the docks.

What are the odds for getting this damn thing? This is ridiculous! I'm about ready to ask for a GS code for it, and it alone. Sigh.

good luck. I think the odds are so low. I never ever got one in my near 15 years of playing both games and I've done a ton of things. in shenmue 2 there is a lucky hit stand where you can win a golden dural.

I did get the sega presidents a few times from the abe store and silver dural I got a few times.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby drunkensailor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 am

bishopcruz wrote: Yeah, pretty much giving up because of when I want to start Shenmue 2. Tried again on New Year's and nothing. I have wasted WAY too much time and money trying to get the damn thing. I wish I could find a gameshark code for ONLY that particular toy. I ain't too proud, and seriously those odds are ridiculous. I have FOUR silvers for crying out loud.

Then again RNG hates me sometimes. I have a herd of chicken legs and I STILL have yet to get a Solo-Wing. It also took me forever to get Jacky 2.

why would you do that? that really completely ruins the whole point of acquing the item if you cheat. my god I can't believe I read things like these. how hard is it to accept you won't get it? I was always doing these slothouses for fun and my girlfriend in her first playthrough gets 3 red 7's en wins the miniature slotmachine toy. winning that rare thing gives it way more pleasure than cheating your way out of it

drunkensailor has received 2 thanks from: Anthony817, Mr357
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby Anthony817 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:56 am

Yes, but you have to understand not everybody is a completionist like us.

Ya we did it and all, but others might not want to be as hard core as us. If they want to deny themselves the real joy of winning something, screw it. At least we have the joy of winning it the legitimate way. :mrgreen:
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:16 am

I know how you feel. That raffle ticket box at the Abe Store is purely evil.
Let me tell you this... I had to draw 2392 tickets until I finally got that damn prize. I've been counting while I was recording to get the Dural Gold win for a video.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:59 am

I don't know if this will help in anyway but here's what I did when I got my Gold Dural the first time I even entered the Abe Store. Worth a shot in posting this just in case it's a trigger.

- Talked to Abe
- Talked to Abe again
- Bought Caramel
- Bought Potato Chips
- Bought Squid Legs

I won and received the Gold Dural after buying the Squid Legs.

I'm sure it's absolutely completely random but try it anyway if you like.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue