Postby Thief » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:47 pm

My mom's going to pledge $30 on the 3rd

what a gal. :lol:

Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby BigTuna » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:54 pm

This has probably been asked, but I'm just looking for a hashtag for the $30 on the 3rd. Do we have one established to get it trending?
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:59 pm

Is there a way we can get this promotion out there more? Is there a current page set up for 30 on the 3rd or what. Come on guys let's push this!
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:04 am

BigTuna wrote: This has probably been asked, but I'm just looking for a hashtag for the $30 on the 3rd. Do we have one established to get it trending?

#30onthe3rd
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:51 am

I'll be using another email account to pledge a separate 30 on the 3rd. This way I can get the download PS4 copy as well along with the physical PC version.

NismoZZzz has received a thanks from: Shenhua-Nani?
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mappsm » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:54 am

Im in. Raising from 120 to 160 (bonus of 10 in order to move to the next reward). #30onthe3rd
mappsm
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Monkei » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:03 am

NismoZZzz wrote: I'll be using another email account to pledge a separate 30 on the 3rd. This way I can get the download PS4 copy as well along with the physical PC version.

or you just raise your original amount by $30 and actually buy the ps4 version when it comes out? yu has plans for shenmue 4 and possibly beyond, so the success of shenmue III will be almost as important as the kickstarter campaign is right now. i'll definitely buy the digital and physical (usually don't give a damn about physical copies anymore) version of shenmue III for the ps4 in late 2017 (if they can make that date!). just a suggestion though! :)
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BigTuna » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:50 am

Sonoshee wrote:
BigTuna wrote: This has probably been asked, but I'm just looking for a hashtag for the $30 on the 3rd. Do we have one established to get it trending?

#30onthe3rd

Yup. Shoulda used common sense on that one. Lol
BigTuna

Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:14 am

Hopefully we are getting over 5 million by the time the 4th comes
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:08 am

Thief wrote: My mom's going to pledge $30 on the 3rd

what a gal. :lol:

I'll be using another email account to pledge a separate 30 on the 3rd. This way I can get the download PS4 copy as well along with the physical PC version.

this is the way to go about it, encouraging family and friends to make a $29 donation. You could actually pose this to them as being an early birthday or Christmas gift to you, and they can give you code when they receive it. This way you can guarantee receiving both the pc physical box edition and a ps4 digital code! this is exactly what i'm doing.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:36 am

I just registered 30onthe3rd.com. I'll create the site when I get home from work tonight. I'll let everyone know when I get it live and we'll start pushing traffic to it.

elfshadowreaper has received 3 thanks from: Gavan, johnvivant, PacemaŜinobo
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:54 am

is it going to be like a blog, maybe you should leave it sort of open for people to sign and comment to it.

Hopefully you can find a way to keep track of how much money it make that day, and we can use it as a memorial stat website? is that your plan as well? would be neat
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 am

Jackie Fhan wrote: is it going to be like a blog, maybe you should leave it sort of open for people to sign and comment to it.

Hopefully you can find a way to keep track of how much money it make that day, and we can use it as a memorial stat website? is that your plan as well? would be neat

It won't really be a blog because I don't have the time to create one. I've never made a WordPress or anything like that before. I might could do a Joomla but I doubt I have time to really get into it. I'll have to gauge the reaction and see if it deserves a fleshed out site. Plus, I don't want to make a competing fan site. The Dojo should be the English fansite.

I'm really wanting to focus on a one page website that explains the $30 on the 3rd campaign to people who may not have heard about it. The goal is also to have it in a few different languages. I've got a French translator. Anyone else want to translate it to any other languages?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:56 am

This is what I'm putting on Kickstarter. Trying to keep it short and sweet:

Shenmue fans! Want to go the extra mile to help Yu achieve his Shenmue 3 vision? Join our “$30 on the 3rd” campaign! All you have to do is donate an extra $30 on July 3rd. We think this is easily accessible to most people. If all of the current backers donated just $30 that would give Yu an extra $1.3 million! We can do this! Let’s get sweaty!!
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:04 am

Ok, maybe just put up that video that one guy made? maybe a few nice screen shots and put the stats up for that day would be good enough imo

If you find help to put comments on your topic, it would be nice for people to leave a tribute. Good luck and hope we can break atleast 100,000 that day.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III