Kickstarter Update #15 - The Plan & Stretch Goals revealed.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #15 - The Plan & Stretch Goals reveal

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:42 am

Stop fighting guys, we will get what we can get.

This isn't no Resident Evil or Final Fantasy, let's be happy we have come this far...
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:45 am

There's no fighting at all. Happiness and optimism only! :D

Peter has received a thanks from: ElephantStone
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby bikingjehuty » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:57 am

I think when they update the page with new funding tiers pledges could increase 100k or more in a day, and quite possibly the norm could be40k to 60k a day with the new funding tiers. While I believe it is definitely not going to happen, there is the possibility that a physical PS4 version is made available which would help out significantly as well. My point is that we have no idea what future updates are going to do and depending on what happens it could dramatically effect the amount of pledges. And then there is the last two days which will spike quite a bit. I still stand by my prediction that we will beat Bloodstained and achieve at least 6-million by the end of the campaign.
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:02 am

I just hope this at least reaches the Advanced Free Battle stretch goal.

It'd suck if the other villages were bare-bones... But what ca ya do? Here's hoping some rich individual donates $5M right before the Kickstarter ends. :P
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ConanTheKing » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:34 am

Rikitatsu wrote: I just hope this at least reaches the Advanced Free Battle stretch goal.

It'd suck if the other villages were bare-bones... But what ca ya do? Here's hoping some rich individual donates $5M right before the Kickstarter ends. :P

Yeah, it would be great if the fight system got a complete overhaul. If we don't give enough funding then I imagine the additional towns to be like Guilin from Shenmue 2 where it was a linear experience. In fact, I think the whole game would be like that if Yu only got $2 million, I seem to recall him saying it would be pure story if he didn't get more than that much money.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby elmatto » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am

Ugh. Everytime I see these goals it just hurts.
Hurts to know we wont hit most of them.
elmatto

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:11 am

It hurt worse thinking I'd never see Shenmue 3.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby elmatto » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:34 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: It hurt worse thinking I'd never see Shenmue 3.

True that.

elmatto has received a thanks from: Gavan
elmatto

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:37 pm

I still don't see any boost, it's quite depressing. :???:

We defo need the 6m stretch goal. As much as I love the Shenmue fight system, it needs a modern overhaul. This was surprising and disappointing to see that this was not part of the basic game.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:08 pm

Although "all" the stretch goals were given to us along with an "explanatory" video, this campaign as a whole is very alienating to people outside the Shenmue community. It's always questioned why the need of more mini-games as stretch goals,but we don't really expect non fans to understand that Shenmue is a series of little game mechanics (mostly arcade types) webbed into the main 3rd person free roaming adventure. The fault is of course on Awesome Japan for using literal words/translations of Yu Suzuki's vision and failing to explain them in a concise manner. Their videos are so short and mean basically nothing to newcomers, besides having awful typos and even getting the names all wrong.

At this point they could hire external people to help them out on even just the translating side, hopefully from the States or UK. Where's Mark Cerny when we need him the most? :mrgreen:
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:05 pm

I seriously think Sony is just funding the game. They've said that they needed the $2 million to prove that there was an audience and Adam Boyes pretty much said that they needed it to show the higher ups this was a project worth funding. Most of the stretch goals sounds like they're mini games and side quests which I imagine we will get anyway but just not as many without the stretch goals being met. One of them is for a part time job in a village but I doubt there won't be a single job in that village if the goal isn't met or the structure of the whole village and how it operates will have to change since money isn't available.

I think no matter what goal we hit at this point we will get a game similar in size and scope as the first two but the more the Kickstarter makes the more bells and whistles will be thrown in. The guy in charge of Sony Europe said they consider it a successful series so I doubt they're throwing spare change at the project. There where even job ads going up the minute the Kickstarter went up, why would you start hiring when you don't know how many people you can hire?

My final thoughts: No matter how the Kickstarter ends we will get a sequel that isn't a point A to point B type experience with corners cut too fit into a small budget. We will get a Shenmue sequel similar to the first games but obviously a bit shiner since it's on a console two generations ahead of the originals.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby myshtuff » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:12 pm

^^ In all honesty I think that would be just fine. As long as the story is told and the game is good, thats all that matters. I think alot of old school Shenmue fans would be fine with this too.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:13 pm

I don't think Sony is fully funding this game, but I have believed from the start that whatever the Kickstarter makes, Sony will double it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:25 pm

^I don't think they're fully funding it but that they along with other investors gave Yu quite a healthy budget minus $2 million with which he could make the game and for it not to feel like Shenmue 3 on a budget. Any of the extra money from Kickstarter will just be just that, extra money.

Sony have funded games like The Last Guardian for almost 10 years at this point and it seems too me this is because they have too save face and have something too show for it. I doubt they will publish a half arsed Shenmue III even if the Kickstarter ended where it is now.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Someone posted the Kickstarter on PewDiePie's Facebook page and it's gotten a pretty decent amount of likes. I'm not a fan, and I'm sure most of you aren't as well, but he's got a huge audience that hangs on to everything he does:

https://www.facebook.com/PewDiePie/post ... 22R9%22%7D

Give it a shot?

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Giorgio
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III